I picked up a Bold Touch 9930 on Saturday and changed as many battery related settings as I could (backlight intenity to 10, backlight timeout to 20 seconds, shut off vibrate, shut off wifi & bluetooth when not in use, lock screen when in B supplied magnetic holster, etc.....). Still not thrilled with battery life. I charge it every night on it's dock and use Quickpull to reset it as I sleep. Spent about 2 solid hours yesterday on phone calls and the indicator turned yellow. I typically surf the net and do light e-mail & texting. Only apps I have activated are:
    QuickLaunch (although not working with OS7)
    QuickPull (resets at night)
    Poynt
    Google Maps (uses GPS)
    Weather Channel
    Score Mobile (no alerts/no auto refresh)
    YouVersion Bible
    You Tube
    My Verizon
    Moibile Recovery (uses GPS)

Not really much in the "extras" category but just wondering if any of the apps I use are known battery killers?
    09-07-11 03:00 PM
    social feeds is a battery drainer and set facebook to manual will also boost battery life.

Some people say there battery has got better over time, mines been fantastic from the start! i can easily get 2 days of use from mine before i need a charge. It doesnt stop me charging it nightly if ive work as i dont want to be cut short, but im on holiday this week, and i last charged it midday monday and ive still just over 20% left.
    09-07-11 03:24 PM
    Quicklaunch works great on OS7. Couple of features gone, but still great. Anyhow, best advice I can offer is to long-press menu key to show what apps are running. I try to make sure I actually use the close or exit function in an app when I'm done to make sure its not running all the time in the background.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-07-11 03:34 PM
    GPS is one of the biggest battery killers. Turn it off unless you're actually using the likes of Google Maps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-11 05:52 PM
    Not sure about on the 9900 , but on the 9800 , Liveprofile use to have my battery in the orange by 4pm.
    09-07-11 06:05 PM
    Foursquare since it uses GPS and runs in the background if you don't exit out of it
    09-07-11 07:38 PM
    Give it some time, 6 days later here and it's a LOT better!

09-07-11 09:50 PM
    1. Turn off all radios not in use.
    2. Backlight to 10 and you'll not even notice.
    3. On all apps turn off the updating or set it to the very longest interval you can accept.

Also I'd keep the stock OS for now. And order a spare battery from this site. There is this idea that some of the batteries that were shipped with the phones are bad. Though I get awesome life using both.

Last edited by southlander; 09-07-11 at 09:57 PM.
    09-07-11 09:54 PM
    wifi since it is always searching will drain it. you might want to try smartwifi. I found that social media apps e.g. twitter, fb were a drain too.
    09-07-11 10:11 PM
    Hello All... I asked this in a different thread but never got an answer so I'll try here. My question has to do with Smart Wifi (or programs like it) which key off of the cell phone towers you are near. I have Verizon's service and since the signal is terrible in my area, I long ago bought a "network extender", which by the way works great!

My question is, since I'm on the extender (uses my broadband internet connection instead of local tower) will the Smart Wifi program work for me? I know this is kind of technical but I don't know who else to ask.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give

JoAnn
    09-08-11 02:40 PM
    Add BugMe! to this list. It turned out to be the culprit for my battery issues all along. I never suspected it, and was stupid not to.
    09-17-11 04:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD