You'll get a kick outta this... this morning I went to go grab mine off the charger and a big WTF was said out loud. It wasn't charged, it was sitting at 35%. I slapped myself to make sure it I wasn't dreaming.

Yeah.. the charger was unplugged from the wall. Who's the dumb*** now?

That's happened to me before numerous times but it is due to my two rambunctious cats chasing each other and either knocking the phone off the charger or the plug from the wall.
    03-03-12 01:02 PM
    @greggebhardt: If you've been looking around this forum say about 3-4 months ago.. the first page is full of bricking/nuking etc.. esp one thread saying kevin (the founder of cb, i think) also says this.. that.. You have to understand that the reason I joined was trying to get better battery life, shocked about all the negative comments etc.. wondering if I even in the right forum?
    So now, its clean of those "pervasive" threads its 99pc safe to say that the bad batch is mostly returned to RIM by the carrier. And I agree, it's probably hardware issue(bad OEM), probably bad memory chip since java produces corrupt memory error sometimes before bricking permanently.. Somehow related to battery charging, probably, again just a guess.. when charging it heats up the chip and burns some of them (just a wild guess)
    03-03-12 09:28 PM
    Hopefully it's fixed, but I don't think it is. Could have swore I read a few threads where the phone had bricked with an updated OS.
    03-04-12 12:56 AM
    I'm back on 576. Went to 1.267 and my rebooting issue became a slow blinking red light issue. I opened a case with [email protected] so when it happens again I guess I get a refurb.
    03-04-12 01:37 AM
    I had an original release Verizon 9930. It was great until a few months later when I woke up while it was plugged in, and it bricked. Couldn't bring it back whatever I did.

So I made this thread I'm sure a lot of you contributed to

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...cement-668999/

You'll see it was mostly original models from various carriers. But I saw a trend with a lot of original Verizon 9930s like mine. When it happened, I thought newer software would fix a hardware defect. But now, a friend's original release 9930, running 7.1.0.267 bricked as well.

So in the end, I think it's down to a manufacturing issue that has been fixed. In turn, we're not seeing threads coming up with this issue anymore. I've since gotten a refurbished model and haven't run into any related issues. Hope that helped.
    03-04-12 03:42 AM
    I've had mine for about a month now. A few days after getting it I woke up and it was dead. Having read all the front page news and hearing all the complaints I obviously assumed my phone was bricked. Got to work, plugged it in, waited still thinking I was screwed and then it showed the battery icon and then shortly after that I was able to boot it up and its worked fine ever since. If I hadn't read all the stuff on CB I'm sure I would have assumed the battery had just died like it has with so many of my other phones. I don't know what the difference between nuking or bricking is or whatever, but I wonder how many other people have incorrectly thought they bricked their phones. Either way I haven't thought about till now I know my battery isn't discharging as quickly as when I first got it. I'm on 576 now and its been working great.
    03-04-12 03:47 AM
    I've had mine for about a month now. A few days after getting it I woke up and it was dead. Having read all the front page news and hearing all the complaints I obviously assumed my phone was bricked. Got to work, plugged it in, waited still thinking I was screwed and then it showed the battery icon and then shortly after that I was able to boot it up and its worked fine ever since. If I hadn't read all the stuff on CB I'm sure I would have assumed the battery had just died like it has with so many of my other phones. I don't know what the difference between nuking or bricking is or whatever, but I wonder how many other people have incorrectly thought they bricked their phones. Either way I haven't thought about till now I know my battery isn't discharging as quickly as when I first got it. I'm on 576 now and its been working great.
    Reading the forum posts has caused me some undue stress as well. Not saying people weren't having problems cuz I know they were. But every time I rebooted my phone I felt the need to keep an eye on it. Lol - silly I know.
    03-04-12 10:33 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD