I want to be able to take photos in concerts when all the people with iPhones can without disturbing the performers.
    ubizmo likes this.
    02-08-12 11:39 AM
    Interesting, I'm gonna have to try this. Also, what's this visual voicemail? I've only been using the "old school" kind haha!
    Calling your voicemail does not work on the 9900, try it, at least on mine the camera continues to *click* away.

As to visual voicemail it is a written notification of what your voicemail is, time, date, number, etc which goes to your message box you can then call it back, listen to that voicemail.

I deleted the cods as they would cloud up my inbox. I know Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile have this service. Not sure which other providers offer it. Pretty common now.

Looked at that camultimate mentioned above but it says if cam mute is used it will not allow you to zoom or use autofocus. Not that we have autofocus. No zoom during pervcam use? Come on, lol

Interesting program, $2.99 cost. Anyone try it?
    Last edited by zipped; 02-08-12 at 01:20 PM.
    02-08-12 11:50 AM
    i guess u guys need to learn how to sync ur fake coughs with ur camera shutter sound
    02-08-12 12:11 PM
    I want to be able to take photos in concerts when all the people with iPhones can without disturbing the performers.
    Exactly. There are countless cases where it's considered perfectly acceptable to take pictures, but a loud camera-click sound is actually disruptive. In fact, given that few people take photos with cameras that have mechanical shutters these days, that click sound is an anachronism anyway. I was at a baptism recently, and there were plenty of people snapping pictures with digital cameras, but all were silent. In fact, the word "snapping" is an anachronism too.

My HTC Radar running WP Mango simply has an option for click or no click. This is how it should be.

I have no evidence, but I suspect that this BB quirk is a holdover from before RIM entered the consumer market. For a "business phone", corporate espionage may have been a concern. But RIM did enter the consumer market, and to hold the rest of us to a policy that makes sense only in very limited circumstances is a bad idea.
    02-08-12 01:48 PM
    Here is a LEGAL reason why I need a camera silent:
    I go to University and study Geophysics and Geology in the Petroleum area. During the labs, I am allow to take pictures of sediment samples, rocks, oil and gas maps, etc, etc. If all 40 students in the lab start taking pictures with camera click, I am sure the TAs will go mad.

Come on RIM!
    02-08-12 03:07 PM
    Here is a LEGAL reason why I need a camera silent:
    I go to University and study Geophysics and Geology in the Petroleum area. During the labs, I am allow to take pictures of sediment samples, rocks, oil and gas maps, etc, etc. If all 40 students in the lab start taking pictures with camera click, I am sure the TAs will go mad.

Come on RIM!
    You dont expect us to believe that do you? I mean, with BB cameras? Come on get real!

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk
    02-14-12 03:43 PM
    Same for me. At times I'll need to take a picture of a lecture on the board during class. Would be annoying to the professor if a click went off and disrupted his lecture...

BB camera works fine for me
    02-14-12 03:45 PM
    You dont expect us to believe that do you? I mean, with BB cameras? Come on get real!

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk
    What's not to believe? Sometimes in meetings I'll take a photo of a whiteboard network diagram for reference later or take photos of a colleague giving a presentation so they can view their posture and position to improve their speaking. What's so unbelievable about taking pics of rocks in class?
    02-14-12 03:53 PM
    What's not to believe? Sometimes in meetings I'll take a photo of a whiteboard network diagram for reference later or take photos of a colleague giving a presentation so they can view their posture and position to improve their speaking. What's so unbelievable about taking pics of rocks in class?
    I think he was trying to refer to the fact that BB cameras suck (in his opinion). For me, I find the opposite true and have had success using the BB camera for all of my phone-camera needs.
    02-14-12 03:56 PM
    ShutUp Camera - Native Camera Mute - is now available in AppWorld!

Available for OS 7.1 only (except 7.1.0.163)

Buy ShutUp Camera - Native Camera Mute - Download ShutUp Camera - Native Camera Mute - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Description:
    This app mutes the actual BlackBerry Camera App! Yes, for real. Unlike other apps that takes low resolution screenshots to silently take pictures, ShutUp Camera lets you use the same BlackBerry Camera app but simply mutes the shutter sound. That means, you can still use all the familiar features of the native Camera App and take HI RESOLUTION photos but of course without the shutter sound. This is how it should be done, and we have done it.. You're welcome.

STEPS
    1. Click the ShutUpCamera icon
    2. It will bring up the Blackberry Camera App
    3. Select ShutUp Camera from the BlackBerry menu
    4. Take your shot
    5. No shutter sound will be heard

Enjoy Responsively!

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    You are solely responsible for taking any pictures silently via this app and for any consequences that may arise from your actions. Devcellent Solutions Inc. WILL NOT be responsible in any way for the use of this app. ALSO, some countries may have legal restrictions on taking pictures silently. DO NOT use this app, if it applies to you. If you disagree with this term, DO NOT download/use this app.
    bobauckland likes this.
    04-18-12 07:27 PM
    ShutUp Camera - Native Camera Mute - is now available in AppWorld!

Available for OS 7.1 only (except 7.1.0.163)

Buy ShutUp Camera - Native Camera Mute - Download ShutUp Camera - Native Camera Mute - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Description:
    This app mutes the actual BlackBerry Camera App! Yes, for real. Unlike other apps that takes low resolution screenshots to silently take pictures, ShutUp Camera lets you use the same BlackBerry Camera app but simply mutes the shutter sound. That means, you can still use all the familiar features of the native Camera App and take HI RESOLUTION photos but of course without the shutter sound. This is how it should be done, and we have done it.. You're welcome.

STEPS
    1. Click the ShutUpCamera icon
    2. It will bring up the Blackberry Camera App
    3. Select ShutUp Camera from the BlackBerry menu
    4. Take your shot
    5. No shutter sound will be heard

Enjoy Responsively!

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    You are solely responsible for taking any pictures silently via this app and for any consequences that may arise from your actions. Devcellent Solutions Inc. WILL NOT be responsible in any way for the use of this app. ALSO, some countries may have legal restrictions on taking pictures silently. DO NOT use this app, if it applies to you. If you disagree with this term, DO NOT download/use this app.
    Click to view quoted image
    Awesome thanks for your time looking that up. I just purchased it cause I hate the loud click too. Seems it is a frequency that goes for miles.

App works perfect I switched my side button to it and now when I open the app I just need to menu select shutup and I get silence. Wonder if they would make a shutup wife. oh did I just say that?
    Last edited by RegN; 04-18-12 at 07:54 PM.
    04-18-12 07:47 PM
    just bought it. hate how u have to press another app icon to get into the camera that gives u the option to shut it up...
    04-18-12 09:02 PM
    I just set mine up so I only use that app to take pictures. It is the same thing only now it adds the quiet option.
    devcellent likes this.
    04-18-12 09:13 PM
    the native camera app icon, especially the one with the mini banner live, is so much better looking. i'm just OCD. app works well
    04-18-12 09:16 PM
    just bought it. hate how u have to press another app icon to get into the camera that gives u the option to shut it up...
    We fully understand your concern. We also thought about this when we were building it but that is simply impossible to do.

Please understand that there is no way that a developer can mute the camera. But we have done it - thanks to our great BB developers. So personally, I am really glad we were able to do something that no one else ever could and we are super excited about this.

Devcellent Team!
    04-18-12 09:32 PM
    We fully understand your concern. We also thought about this when we were building it but that is simply impossible to do.

Please understand that there is no way that a developer can mute the camera. But we have done it - thanks to our great BB developers. So personally, I am really glad we were able to do something that no one else ever could and we are super excited about this.

Devcellent Team!
    and i applaud your success! my need for the silence outweighs my unnecessary wants of style.
    04-18-12 09:34 PM

Devcellent Team!
    Agreed, great app, 5 star review left, well done.
    04-19-12 07:32 AM
    How come it shows as .75 but when about to purchase it becomes 1.50? Not that big a deal amount but just wondering why it jumps from one price to another.
    04-19-12 08:11 AM
    How come it shows as .75 but when about to purchase it becomes 1.50? Not that big a deal amount but just wondering why it jumps from one price to another.
    It probably has something to do with AppWorld/Digital River cache. It should get clear soon. We hope that the issue would be fixed in general, and show the accurate price. Please note that this is not in developer's control. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    04-19-12 05:12 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD