I had this app called CameraMuteApp for my BB Curve 3G on OS6 and I've tried it on my 9900 OS7 but it doesn't work anymore. Are there any updated ones that work on OS7?
    01-17-12 07:38 PM
    I had this app called CameraMuteApp for my BB Curve 3G on OS6 and I've tried it on my 9900 OS7 but it doesn't work anymore. Are there any updated ones that work on OS7?
    check QuickLaunch application, not only this option but bunch of other great features.

Edit: Sorry guys i can't find it either in QL app. I saw this camera mute feature so many times and now can't remember where i saw.. hmmmm getting older i guess
    Last edited by joju58; 01-17-12 at 09:25 PM.
    01-17-12 07:55 PM
    I can't find the option to switch off the camera click noise in quicklaunch options. Where is it? any help would be appreciated.
    01-17-12 08:14 PM
    check QuickLaunch application, not only this option but bunch of other great features.
    I have quicklaunch V4.2 and I don't see a camera mute. I don't think its in quicklaunch now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-12 08:42 PM
    I know that sucks that you can mute turn off the sound when your taking a picture.. Weird
    01-17-12 08:47 PM
    Isn't it a security issue? Keeping the sound for Privacy matters.
    01-17-12 08:55 PM
    Isn't it a security issue? Keeping the sound for Privacy matters.
    That's probably the reason why it's not an included feature, but if someone really wanted to take sneaky pictures in a changing room, for example, they could just turn the HD video camera on and record whatever they wanted without the other person knowing because the video camera is silent, unlike the still camera. So it kind of defeats the purpose of requiring the camera to make a noise.

The main reason I want to mute my camera is for school purposes when I'm sitting in the library and I want to take photos of my work, or things the teacher wrote on the board in the classroom without distracting everybody with the loud shutter sound.
    SaMaster14 likes this.
    01-17-12 09:14 PM
    Protip: Dial and call your own phone number (this sends you to old school/non-visual voicemail menu), turn the volume of the call down, launch camera app while voicemail is rambling, take pictures with no sound!

:-)
    joju58 likes this.
    01-17-12 10:55 PM
    This really gets on my nerves and I have no idea why we dont have an option. Anyways its nt the end of the world, I can live with it ....... not
    Just kidding
    01-17-12 11:38 PM
    Here's a free "app"

1. Call your voicemail
    2. While on the call, launch your camera
    3. Take lots of pics without the annoying sound

The end

This has worked on Blackberry forever.
    01-17-12 11:48 PM
    Damn so no more secret playground pics?
    01-17-12 11:54 PM
    I mean even asking this question on how to mute the camera sound is freaky.
    01-18-12 12:46 AM
    Not sure why people find this freaky... the camera sound is annoying at times.

Some examples, in addition to the OP's about taking pictures of notes/books in the library, include taking picture of a speaker, or maybe lecture notes during class...
    01-18-12 02:18 AM
    Just flush the toilet as you are taking the image so they can't hear the shutter sound
    joju58 likes this.
    01-18-12 05:06 AM
    Protip: Dial and call your own phone number (this sends you to old school/non-visual voicemail menu), turn the volume of the call down, launch camera app while voicemail is rambling, take pictures with no sound!

:-)
    Interesting, I'm gonna have to try this. Also, what's this visual voicemail? I've only been using the "old school" kind haha!
    01-18-12 02:17 PM
    doesnt work !! i still does one big CLICK when calling !
    01-18-12 02:23 PM
    doesnt work !! i still does one big CLICK when calling !

Haha! You're right! It used to work!

I just tested it, and noticed this workaround doesn't work on OS 7.1. Is that what you're using?

I know for sure that the call workaround works on OS 4 through 7.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-18-12 08:11 PM
    app called camultimate by prettyfang.com in appworld that has a mute feature along with ALOT of other great features.... BUT it only takes 1 pic at a time....it is NOT a free app but a good one to use....
    01-18-12 08:37 PM
    I also have a problem with the camera sound. I am neither a pervert, sexual deviant or stalker but I am willing to learn

Ok, All kidding aside...I used to have quick launch on my 9000 and I am pretty sure it had the camera mute there. I just purchased it today again for my 9900 and it is no longer there I also HATE that obnoxious noise!
    01-20-12 03:25 AM
    Just released SilentCam.

Make sure you read the description. It can not take large pictures and only take picture of the BB screen size. You can zoom in.

You can take upto 10 pictures at once and then automatically quit the app after finished taking the picture.

Click here SilentCam - Take picture without the shutter sound - Download Apps from BlackBerry App World
    02-07-12 01:16 PM
    Just released SilentCam.

Make sure you read the description. It can not take large pictures and only take picture of the BB screen size. You can zoom in.

You can take upto 10 pictures at once and then automatically quit the app after finished taking the picture.

Click here SilentCam - Take picture without the shutter sound - Download Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Or just download CaptureIt for free and take screenshots of your camera screen. Not the prettiest but free until we can do a trial of your app. I'm not plunking down $1 without a solid demo.

I do like the 10 at a time option though.
    02-07-12 02:45 PM
    screen shots of the camera screen is a good idea lol but i have been using this for a while now and it works (phone vibrates instead) i got all the playground shots now (joke).

OTA: http://eightyberry.net/A_ShootNux/SilentShootNux.jad
    02-07-12 07:19 PM
    Those screenshot apps are not a substitute for camera shots. First, it still shows the camera buttons at the bottom of the screen. Second, it's only using the screen resolution, nothing better is possible.

I'm also tired of reading posts proclaiming it's illegal to mute the camera shutter. Geez, it comes as a standard option on many Android devices and there are plenty of mute apps for BB OS6 and earlier.
    02-07-12 08:09 PM
    Here's a free "app"

1. Call your voicemail
    2. While on the call, launch your camera
    3. Take lots of pics without the annoying sound

The end

This has worked on Blackberry forever.
    This won't work on my phone at all.
    tlbruce1969 likes this.
    02-07-12 08:52 PM
    The whole "illegal" thing has to be hogwash. I know that on an iPhone if the silent switch is flipped that it does NOT make the shutter noise. I wish RIM would just give us the darn choice!
    dalmondWR likes this.
    02-08-12 11:00 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD