I know I'm not a regular poster but I've been stalking this phone since BBW in Orlando. Through all the rumors and drooling over pics & vids my question is this... Would it have been much of an issue to release the Bold 9900/9930 with the current OS it was running then perfect OS 7(or what ever name they tag it with)? I just feel this will keep rim loyals and new customers at bay til the latest OS is tested, debugged and ready for release.

What do you think?
    06-16-11 11:47 AM
    I still hold true to what the Sprint call center CSR said, that at the last minute RIM changed OS 6.1 Evolution to BlackBerry OS7 because RIM felt it was an entire upgrade, not just a minor one, which resulted in the OS overhaul change that delayed the Bold 9900/9930 earlier release. But today after 5pm est when crackberry.com does a live blog on the sharholders phone meeting, we just might find out more details and possible actual carrier release dates.
    06-16-11 11:59 AM
    Thtas some overhaul brother. Would that happen to include hardware as well as software? Just please don't be like samsung and just don't give a care about the consumers. Had a samsung and still no real true update. It's released then pulled. Very aggravating hence me coming back to bb.
    06-16-11 02:42 PM
    I know I'm not a regular poster but I've been stalking this phone since BBW in Orlando. Through all the rumors and drooling over pics & vids my question is this... Would it have been much of an issue to release the Bold 9900/9930 with the current OS it was running then perfect OS 7(or what ever name they tag it with)? I just feel this will keep rim loyals and new customers at bay til the latest OS is tested, debugged and ready for release.

What do you think?
    All you have to do is look at the PlayBook forum for the answer...
    06-16-11 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD