I have had my 9930 for about a month now, and been trying to get my wife to upgrade her 9630. she thinks she might still want to get an android phone, or maybe the 9850, or maybe just ride it out til qnx phones arrive. but today, i finally had her ready to decide and pull the trigger. so we head to a sprint store to find nobody home and door locked. then i read the sign that says "we are closed today and will open at 8am on 10/14".

seriously, you have to be closed a full day just to prep to sell the iphone? 2 other stores closed also, same thing. now i have to either brave the masses drooling over iphone at sprint store, or order online without wife getting serious time on each phone under consideration.

all sprint has to do tomorrow is swipe credit cards and hand people boxes. there is no sales pitch required.i hope losing sales today was/is worth it.

adding insult to injury, when you go to sprint websitee, the 9930 is at the very bottom of the page. uou could.almost miss that it is available.
    10-14-11 01:36 AM
    Sigh. I miss Sprint (no service where I live). Wouldn't this more of Sprint's "fault"? I don't know that any other store, VZ or ATT close the day prior to a big sale, which is as we now know the iPhone.

Either way it sucks you did all that driving for nothing that's pretty sad man. I tell you what I don't get where places like Best Buy and Radio Shack get off with charging almost 80 bucks more at full price.

I would expect the lines to be gone fast...no iPhones no lines.
    10-14-11 03:01 AM
    why do you want her to upgrade so bad? who cares!!! Relax and save gas/time/money/wear and tear on tires and engine...the phones not going away. It will be there for the next 5 years. I hate waiting in lines as you can tell. never get anything first...

my sister got ios 5 today after 3hrs with apple on the phone trying to get itunes on her comp. lol i have no clue what happened or why it was so hard...and dont care. but finally she got it and i like the playbook copy of bezel swipe down. and i like the bbm copy...but the iM's dont say 'R' so you never know if they read it. Only 'delivered' ....like obviously its delivered....lol
    10-14-11 03:07 AM
    I have had my 9930 for about a month now, and been trying to get my wife to upgrade her 9630. she thinks she might still want to get an android phone, or maybe the 9850, or maybe just ride it out til qnx phones arrive. but today, i finally had her ready to decide and pull the trigger. so we head to a sprint store to find nobody home and door locked. then i read the sign that says "we are closed today and will open at 8am on 10/14".

seriously, you have to be closed a full day just to prep to sell the iphone? 2 other stores closed also, same thing. now i have to either brave the masses drooling over iphone at sprint store, or order online without wife getting serious time on each phone under consideration.

all sprint has to do tomorrow is swipe credit cards and hand people boxes. there is no sales pitch required.i hope losing sales today was/is worth it.

adding insult to injury, when you go to sprint websitee, the 9930 is at the very bottom of the page. uou could.almost miss that it is available.
    Lets Talk .com worked perfect for me when I purchased my 9933.
    10-14-11 07:02 AM
    OP you don't know that anything apple does is to be considered an event that can only be upstaged by the second coming?
    10-14-11 09:19 AM
    why do you assume this has anything to do with the iPhone?..

10-14-11 09:21 AM
    why do you want her to upgrade so bad? who cares!!! Relax and save gas/time/money/wear and tear on tires and engine...the phones not going away. It will be there for the next 5 years. I hate waiting in lines as you can tell. never get anything first...

my sister got ios 5 today after 3hrs with apple on the phone trying to get itunes on her comp. lol i have no clue what happened or why it was so hard...and dont care. but finally she got it and i like the playbook copy of bezel swipe down. and i like the bbm copy...but the iM's dont say 'R' so you never know if they read it. Only 'delivered' ....like obviously its delivered....lol
    Yep, you absolutely right, i don't think any phone is worth to stay all night in line to make sure get it next AM, that's out of my mind....and i a few days those phone everywhere for sale
    10-14-11 10:45 AM

Go to settings, messages, and turn on "send read receipts" so people can see once you have read there messages. And just get her to tell all her contacts to do the same, she would be able to see when it was read

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 01:32 PM

And some people with bbm want this feature.

forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-bold-9930-9900-f235/avoiding-person-bbm-659929/

10-14-11 01:36 PM
    And some people with bbm want this feature.

forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-bold-9930-9900-f235/avoiding-person-bbm-659929/

What feature would some BBM users like?
    10-14-11 01:46 PM
    Video chat on BBM would be nice.
    10-14-11 01:52 PM
    Yep, you absolutely right, i don't think any phone is worth to stay all night in line to make sure get it next AM, that's out of my mind....and i a few days those phone everywhere for sale
    I remember when forum members here were posting about camping out for the Storm, and the long lines. I wouldn't do it either. Have to get up way too early.

Chasing the BlackBerry Storm - Today is the Day!! | CrackBerry.com
    10-14-11 01:54 PM
    Video chat on BBM would be nice.
    Haha, no it wouldn't. I get enough random shots of someone's junk. Don't need video on top of that.
    10-14-11 01:56 PM
    Lol camping out for purchases....
    10-14-11 01:56 PM
    What feature would some BBM users like?
    They want to be able to turn off the feature where it shows that they read there message
    10-14-11 03:08 PM
    Can you still do the BBM trick where you don't open the BBM message thread, but instead delete and end the convo, then go back into BBM convo history to read the latest messages sent but not opened? Lengthy work-around but it worked.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-14-11 at 04:07 PM.
    10-14-11 03:30 PM
    Can you still do the BBM trick where you don't open the BBM message thread, but instead delete and end the convo, then go back into BBM convo history to read the latest messages sent but to opened? Lengthy work-around but it worked.
    Yeah, still works.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-14-11 04:06 PM
    I'd like to see some sort of block feature on bbm or different online profiles ie offline, something like windows messenger where u can be offline but still send messages...cant see it happening but would be cool.

I suppose if it gets too much then deleting said contact is probably easier if not rude lol.
    10-14-11 04:47 PM
    I'd like to see some sort of block feature on bbm or different online profiles ie offline, something like windows messenger where u can be offline but still send messages...cant see it happening but would be cool.

I suppose if it gets too much then deleting said contact is probably easier if not rude lol.
    Like Invisible status on Google Talk and Live Profile! And I like with Google Talk that you can still receive messages when offline. You get them when you sign back in, or to your email.
    10-14-11 04:50 PM
    There's no such thing as online or offline since you don't actually "sign in" to your profile.. That's technically an advantage because the server handles your message queue and login state regardless of your device state (which is why it's more reliable than trying to stay signed in to something like AIM/etc for days in succession).

Just set your profile to busy and send messages to other people.
    10-14-11 05:01 PM
    I remember when forum members here were posting about camping out for the Storm, and the long lines. I wouldn't do it either. Have to get up way too early.

Chasing the BlackBerry Storm - Today is the Day!! | CrackBerry.com
    Except that they were stupid
    The storm was such a useless phone

10-14-11 08:19 PM
    why do you assume this has anything to do with the iPhone?..
    True, maybe it wasn't Apple. But it was because of prep for iPhone release, which is an Apple device. So indirectly, at least, Apple was involved.

I want to upgrade my wife's phone because her Tour sucks and doesnt have wifi or 3g. I want 3g so she can surf from her playbook when she is not at home.
    10-14-11 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD