So basically, text messages from many people are not going to my text message folder at all, but instead, to my messages folder. It will show under text messages in the drop down overview menu, but not the actual area meant for text messages. It's not every person either, it's only some people this is happening from/to. Does anyone have any idea what it might be or how I can fix it?

Thanks very much!
    09-24-12 09:16 PM
    Email - Message Options - Inbox Management - Unchecked text messages in the Other message types field
    09-24-12 09:32 PM
    So basically, text messages from many people are not going to my text message folder at all, but instead, to my messages folder. It will show under text messages in the drop down overview menu, but not the actual area meant for text messages. It's not every person either, it's only some people this is happening from/to. Does anyone have any idea what it might be or how I can fix it?

Thanks very much!
    Just text messages? Or emails and bbms as well?
    09-24-12 09:47 PM
    Just text messages? Or emails and bbms as well?
    Yes, everything is going in there, but not everything. Only some texts, emails and BBms's
    09-25-12 09:09 AM
    Any chance these text msg's are from BBM linked contacts or contacts that you have "Add a contact to text within BBM"? That may be a reason why they are showing in Messages as opposed to Text Messages.
    09-25-12 09:59 AM
    Any chance these text msg's are from BBM linked contacts or contacts that you have "Add a contact to text within BBM"? That may be a reason why they are showing in Messages as opposed to Text Messages.

No, one that commonly goes in there is definitely not a BBM contact
    09-25-12 10:21 AM
    You can also go through BBM to shut off the BBM's showing in the messages folder.
    09-25-12 01:29 PM
    Have you tried RIM customer support? See if they can help you through it?

Also, what OS are you running?

sidenote: if you compose a new text message from the text message folder to this contact, where does the reply show up?
    09-26-12 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD