I think this video which I recorded, hosted on Dailymotion, explains it all.

BlackBerry OS 7 text glitch doesn't allow you to delete anything! - Video Dailymotion

Also, has anybody else came across this glitch? It affects text entry on the webkit browser, which makes it almost impossible to delete text without clearing the field or highlighting to delete it afterwards, which doesn't always work. Battery pull was tried, soft reset, same thing. Not sure if it's intermitted or what. Feedback would be very appreciated. I wonder if Kevin or any of the crackberry team has encountered this if at all, it could be blogged about so as to get a fix made. I also tweeted it to @blackberryhelp on twitter.

Update: Bug/glitch is apparent when javascript is disabled. I have no idea why, but once I enabled javascript, it solved the bug. Now disable javascript and see if I am deemed correct.
    Last edited by Rootbrian; 12-18-11 at 10:32 AM.
    12-18-11 09:34 AM
    kevin and other crackberry heads has no control or power over RIM.
    they don't even write suggestion/ hatred articles...
    crackberry is biggest BB hub, and they never took any feedback or suggestions to help RIM. (except those small surveys for fun).
    12-18-11 09:39 AM

BlackBerry OS 7 text glitch doesn't allow you to delete anything! - Video Dailymotion

Also, has anybody else came across this glitch? It affects text entry on the webkit browser, which makes it almost impossible to delete text without clearing the field or highlighting to delete it afterwards, which doesn't always work. Battery pull was tried, soft reset, same thing. Not sure if it's intermitted or what. Feedback would be very appreciated. I wonder if Kevin or any of the crackberry team has encountered this if at all, it could be blogged about so as to get a fix made. I also tweeted it to @blackberryhelp on twitter.
    i have some issues like..
    1. not able to type text in text fields.
    2. entered data in text fields doesn't recolonized by some websites.

OS7 is still very buggy..
    i wonder what RIM engineers to in work time.
    12-18-11 09:42 AM
    just tried as per in your video on the crackberry new mobile site.....not one issue, works as expect. OS 7.0.0.540.
    12-18-11 09:54 AM
    Very strange. I'm hoping the issues get corrected in the next release/leak. It just drives me up the wall. Haven't had this at all on opera mini.
    12-18-11 10:09 AM
    No issues here either, so nothing needs fixing

...and you sound drunk in that video Brian
    12-18-11 10:18 AM
    Yea well mine deletes but the text entry on mobile CB forum is very laggy it can't even follow my typing. Very glitchy for some reason...
    12-18-11 10:19 AM
    No issues here either, so nothing needs fixing

...and you sound drunk in that video Brian
    Maybe I haven't mentioned about the mobile site. Not drunk yet phil, I'm saving that either for christmas or... New years eve
    12-18-11 10:22 AM
    I don't have issues with texts, but one thing that I hate is that sometimes after writing a long text and accidentally hit ALT+DEL, it will delete the entire text. I make this mistake because ALT also used for make capital letters.
    12-18-11 12:20 PM
    I don't have issues with texts, but one thing that I hate is that sometimes after writing a long text and accidentally hit ALT+DEL, it will delete the entire text. I make this mistake because ALT also used for make capital letters.
    ALT only for symbols and numbers, I think you meant shift-Del. I also have blanked an entire post by mistake before.
    12-18-11 12:26 PM
    I had this happen when I first got my 9930 - disappeared after I updated to .374.
    12-18-11 12:33 PM
    I've had this happen, but today all is well. Might be a a "break-in" thing. Try a few more battery pulls and see if it goes away. I'm still on the original OS.
    12-18-11 12:39 PM
    Something must be up with Crackberry's mobile site, because this is the only place where I have typing text problems. Maybe the recent forum site changes for the mobile side? Very, very frustrating. I haven't had your specific deleting issue, but it is EXTREMELY laggy and even ignores entire words that I type.
    12-18-11 01:42 PM
    What's REALLY irritating is that in the current memo pad, and also in older versions of the browseer, ALT+DEL is used to delete the thing to the right of the cursor. Coming from an old curve, this is what I'm used to, and also used in the Memo Pad. However, in the browser, it deletes everything.

Sure wish that it would be consistent, very frustrating!

eta: just saw the other post, it is SHIFT-DEL that deletes everything, I must be mistyping when I'm trying for ALT+DEL. Thanks for that!

Still annoyed that ALT+DEL in browser is not the same as ALT+DEL in the memo pad and elsewhere
    Last edited by HershL; 12-18-11 at 04:21 PM.
    12-18-11 04:18 PM

Update: Bug/glitch is apparent when javascript is disabled. I have no idea why, but once I enabled javascript, it solved the bug. Now disable javascript and see if I am deemed correct.
    I had that problem and it suddenly went away. Makes sense that it might have been the JavaScript turned off - lots of things work differently on this browswer with JS is turned off, as compared to the browser on my old phone.
    12-18-11 04:23 PM
    This happens to everybody if Javascript is turned off.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-18-11 10:01 PM
    Thanks for that. Not certain when or why I had javascript off.
    Last edited by palomartian; 12-18-11 at 10:23 PM.
    12-18-11 10:21 PM
    i have some issues like..
    1. not able to type text in text fields.
    2. entered data in text fields doesn't recolonized by some websites.

OS7 is still very buggy..
    i wonder what RIM engineers to in work time.
    Sorry, what OS are you on.? Do you actually RE click on the the text fields before trying to enter the inputs? If you don't there is why you are not typing in it..

OS 7 are very buggy? That is untrue to my eyes, Could you please give us a better description list of all these bugs you have encoured
    02-05-12 08:47 PM
    OS 7.1 solves this bug. Try it. I also recommend disabling websockets and geolocation too. Then javascript can be turned off. It doesn't bug out anymore either.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-05-12 09:46 PM
    Strange, I still had that problem with 7.1

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-05-12 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD