Help! I got the new 9930 Bold with Verizon and I am having issues tethering. I'm on the stock OS (7.0.0.254)

I am able to launch Tether, but about 30 seconds after being online, the Tether speeds slow down drastically to the point where I'm not able to load/navigate websites any longer. Sometimes I'll get an error on my phone, which will cause it to re start.

Frustrating -- I didn't have any problems at all with my old BB Tour.

Any ideas?
    09-08-11 10:38 AM
    anyone?

09-08-11 04:44 PM
    haven't tried tether.. bridge works fine on playbook though with sprint.
    09-08-11 04:45 PM
    Help! I got the new 9930 Bold with Verizon and I am having issues tethering. I'm on the stock OS (7.0.0.254)

I am able to launch Tether, but about 30 seconds after being online, the Tether speeds slow down drastically to the point where I'm not able to load/navigate websites any longer. Sometimes I'll get an error on my phone, which will cause it to re start.

Frustrating -- I didn't have any problems at all with my old BB Tour.

Any ideas?
    I am on Verizon, using .353, and Tether Version 1.4.4.6

Works perfect for me and never slows down. I would first check that both the phone application and the computer side are both updated to the latest Tether release. BOTH should be updated if they arent as I can forsee issues with just updating the phone side and not the computer side.

Hopefully that does it for you. If not, I would then look at upgrading your phones OS to the newer .353 and see if that helps as well.

Other issues outside of these could be actual 3G connection in your area.
    tK715 likes this.
    09-08-11 05:49 PM
    I am on Verizon, using .353, and Tether Version 1.4.4.6

Works perfect for me and never slows down. I would first check that both the phone application and the computer side are both updated to the latest Tether release. BOTH should be updated if they arent as I can forsee issues with just updating the phone side and not the computer side.

Hopefully that does it for you. If not, I would then look at upgrading your phones OS to the newer .353 and see if that helps as well.

Other issues outside of these could be actual 3G connection in your area.
    Thx! I'll check that I have the latest version of Tether on my computer when I get home tonight. I see that the Tether version on my phone is 1.4.4.6 as well.

If this doesn't fix it, I'll look into .353.

Thanks again!
    09-08-11 06:16 PM
    I too am having this same issue, anyone got a fix yet?
    09-10-11 02:38 AM
    Hi! I'm also on Verizon and having exactly the same problem. I've been in contact with Tether and they say it's not their problem. I've done everything from reinstalling Tether to doing a complete wipe and starting all over again. I also had a Tour which Tether worked perfectly on. I also have a Torch 2 slider with OS 7 that is with another carrier and Tether works perfectly with that too. I'm out of ideas, but I'm glad I'm not the only one that's having these problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-11 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD