I am totally lost on this - a co worker mentioned the I should have the ability to use the 9930 to tether to my iPad2 when I travel so I don't have to connect to hotel wifi...any tips or recommendations on how to do this and if it would work
    09-23-11 02:03 PM
    Won't work until they enable Wifi hotspot. Then it will probably be extra cost, depending on your carrier. Maybe there is some jailbreak way of doing it with a cable, but I assume you mean a conventional way.
    09-23-11 02:28 PM
    I have purchased this feature from Verizon.
    09-23-11 02:56 PM
    just sell your ipad2 and get a playbook.
    09-23-11 02:59 PM
    I am totally lost on this - a co worker mentioned the I should have the ability to use the 9930 to tether to my iPad2 when I travel so I don't have to connect to hotel wifi...any tips or recommendations on how to do this and if it would work
    A few things to consider-
    If your intention is to tether while abroad, understand that your carrier is going to gouge you and it's going to hurt. Rates for roaming data are obscene so do your research before you use it. Your first option, and what I'm waiting anxiously for, is the mobile hotspot feature. I'm hoping it'll get turned on before 2012 but realistically I have no idea when that might actually happen. Another option is tethering over bluetooth. Not sure what kind of speeds you could achieve, and it requires your ipad to be jailbroken, but I know it's possible. Do some googling and you should find a solution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-11 03:00 PM
    There is a way of doing it, but you have to jailbreak your ipad2. Just google on how to tether ipad with bb.
    09-24-11 05:52 PM
    There is a way. you have to jailbreak it, install a program called iBluever onto your iPad and then hook it up to your bold via bluetooth. I do this and it works flawlessly. I basically have an iPad 3G now.. Whenever I walk out of a wifi zone, it automatically connects via bluetooth and vice versa.
    Tinyk likes this.
    09-24-11 06:44 PM
    There is a way. you have to jailbreak it, install a program called iBluever onto your iPad and then hook it up to your bold via bluetooth. I do this and it works flawlessly. I basically have an iPad 3G now.. Whenever I walk out of a wifi zone, it automatically connects via bluetooth and vice versa.
    Does this incur extra charges from your carrier?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-11 02:10 AM
    You must have tethering included in your plan for this to not incur extra charges. You would be charged otherwise. I don't believe this method works with Tether to hide the tethering.

I have tethering included and it works great... although I can't wait for wifi hotspot feature to come to the 9900!
    09-25-11 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD