I've seen a couple of write-ups on this with varying success rates so wanted to see if anyone has had success with this recently.

I've been working happily with a PlayBook and a 9900 since their respective releases but my current project had me managing a close to a hundred client PCs via logmein and the PB solution isn't cutting it.

I could look at switching phones to something with wifi tethering but just can't bring myself to part with my 9900.

If anyone has advice or success stories to share i'd appreciate it.
    11-07-11 02:06 AM
    I've posted this in a previous thread:

"I have a Bold 9000 on AT&T, and also an iPod Touch (2nd generation) and iPhone 3G. I've jailbroken both idevices and installed an app from Cydia (an app store for jailbroken devices) called iBluever. I also installed an app called PDANet onto my BB. These programs connect your devices via bluetooth, then PDANet makes a data bridge to your idevice through iBluever, giving you mobile data coverage and placing a "3G" symbol in the statusbar of your idevice as if you had 3G coverage. It doesn't show up as tethering on your bill (at least not on mine on AT&T, which would charge extra for tethering), it's merely data usage through your BB. PDANet is free, and iBluever is a one-time purchase of I think $2-$3, and you can install it on as many idevices as you want after your initial purchase. It's worked wonderfully for me ever since, and the data speeds are pretty great. So yes, it's quite possible indeed."

Now I don't know if PDANet is compatible with OS7, or if iBluever will work on your iPad, but I certainly think it's worth some Googling. Hope this helps!
    munizv likes this.
    11-07-11 02:37 AM
    In addition to the short term answer which is PDAnet and iBlue, the next version of BB OS for the 9900 (referred to as 7.1) is supposed to add mobile hotspot functionality. This is alleged to be coming out this month, but that is only rumor...and going by RIMs history, it will slip multiple months before it is actually released.

For the Tmobile customers out there, this new version will also allegedly bring back UMA (or at least the cut down wifi calling) feature.
    munizv likes this.
    11-07-11 04:42 AM
    Subscribed
    07-16-12 11:44 PM
    I have a ipad 2 and I always use my bold 9900 internet for it. Just turn on mobile hot spot and open your ipads wifi, you 9900 will appear on the wifi list, touch and connect.
    On your Bold
    1. Turn on mobile hot spot (os 7.1)
    2. Go to your Ipad and open Wifi
    3. On your Ipad pick your bold from the list of wifis, if you set a password put it in.
    4. Connected!

should have no issues it works 100 percent. No apps or spending money required.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by inthemix9; 07-16-12 at 11:51 PM.
    07-16-12 11:46 PM
    One year later lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    07-17-12 08:16 AM
    Doesn't matter, you think the hot spot on the iphone 4/4s works perfectly? I have so many issues with it. In general apple products only like apple products. Can take several searches for iphones hot spot to appear on my laptops list. Its not perfect, I own a 4s a macbook air an ipad 2 and a 9900. The air and ipad connect to my 9900s wifi in a second. The iphones wifi is slugish and alot of times I have to re configure it before it takes effect.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    llch81 likes this.
    07-17-12 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD