Hello, I installed 7.1 with no problems. However when I turn on the hotspot I am not prompted for an APN. I have gone into TCP/IP and messed with all the settings there.

When I do connect to the hotspot it reroutes me to tmobile's website telling me I need the tethering option. I have been tethering for years via DM so I know I have the plan.

Thoughts?
    11-30-11 09:42 AM
    Sorry, I mislabeled the title, should have read wi-fi hotspot help. I just confirmed that i can tether via DM. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    11-30-11 10:17 AM
    Anyone can tether via DM as long as they have data. Tethering via wifi hotspot is different. Humor me and call up tmo and ask if you have tethering on your plan.
    11-30-11 01:44 PM
    I just confirmed that i can tether via DM.
    Is tethering via DM free as long as you have the data plan?
    12-01-11 08:04 AM
    I just went to DM, and in the Tools drop down menu, there is an item there for mobile internet. i clicked on that and nothing happened. There was a window that popped up saying that internet connection failed or something to that effect, and that my wireless provided may have disabled that functionality...This may be because I don't anymore have the monthly tethering plan...

kdeyoung11, are you with TMO, and you can tether even without the tethering plan?
    12-01-11 08:26 AM
    I just went to DM, and in the Tools drop down menu, there is an item there for mobile internet. i clicked on that and nothing happened. There was a window that popped up saying that internet connection failed or something to that effect, and that my wireless provided may have disabled that functionality...This may be because I don't anymore have the monthly tethering plan...

kdeyoung11, are you with TMO, and you can tether even without the tethering plan?
    So ThaMunsta was right. I thought you needed tethering to connect via DM. I called an I don't have what the lady at TMO called "tether/wi-fi hotspot".

@sbx9900- yes I am able to tether via DM without the said plan. I too can have issues from time to time like the one you mention. I have found that I don't get the error message you mentioned if I connect my phone prior to opening DM.
    12-01-11 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD