i finally went to tmobile and took the 9900 for a spin. It was disappointing. Not a chance I would pay a dollar to extend my contract for the thing.

RIM, I'm hanging by a thread....my Playbook, UMA, and my 9700. Wife is ready to bail for a 'droid. Will you produce something competitive or will you fade into the history books?

It's been over two years since I purchased my 9700 and you have nothing competitive!

For the record, I've had a Blackberry since the early pagers. I think its been over 10 years with RIM.
    12-12-11 05:16 AM
    You are not alone in your thoughts on this. If I had to carry the 9900 as my only phone I wouldn't be using it. As it stands it is fine for my work only device, but like you said its really not competitive with everything else out there now.
    12-12-11 05:19 AM
    Two negative posts with zero explanation. Just for the pleasure.
    bboy2143 likes this.
    12-12-11 05:39 AM
    I think Im the only person that has gone from a top of the line droid to a Blackberry.
    I went from the dual core processing. 4G LTE, 1GB of ram machine......to a 9930....and I am VERY happy.
    I do not have time for games, netflix, etc from my phone.
    Just something to google some things, browse the forums, send a lot of texts, and make phone calls.
    The Bold works for me, Im sorry it didnt for you
    Best of luck finding what floats your boat!!
    12-12-11 06:59 AM
    Well if entertainment is ones priority then perhaps they are not as competitive. If you're talking hardware wise sure they don't have dual core blah blah but seem to run fine on what they do have and OS updates will improve on that also.
    12-12-11 07:04 AM
    I agree that the 9900 doesn't compare in terms of apps etc. But it is a great device. If you don't want the phone, don't get it.. Enjoy your android toy though while the rest of us enjoy free internet etc.
    12-12-11 07:51 AM
    Well...well...everybody wants different things...I was just on a 45 minute conference call using blackberry mobile conference...i was on speaker, and my 9900 did not create buzzing/echo sounds in the background like some phones do...the sound was loud and crystal clear even on speaker...then went on a 25 minute call right after...now, I'm on BBMusic....I also did emails and texts prior to the calls aside from occasional FB and WhatsApp...I'm just on .540 and I still have no need for UMA and mobile hotspot...But just in case I would need that, there is OS 7.1...At the moment, i can bridge with my PB on the go....for apps, I think I have all I need...for games, I have no time for games...I don't even have a gaming console at home...and if i needed one, i would just buy xbox or ps3..for camera and video recording, i have canons and extra sets of lenses for those...many complain about macro shots on the bold...well, i have canon macro lens for that....get one, if you're not satisfied with the macro shots of the bold....

I want my bold to be a phone...and for the things that I need it for, it does them beyond my expectations....
    andrewmcwhirter and tr1ad like this.
    12-12-11 10:11 AM
    Admittedly, the 9900/9930 is missing some things the other phones have, but why continue to make new posts on here? There are plenty of other threads that you can add to express your "disapointment" in RIM.

Simply creating another post about this issue really makes no sense. If you don't like BB, get a different phone and stop complaining. I don't think creating another post will change an alreadfy existing phone.

9930 here: love it, great phone and very satisfied with 95% of what it does.
    12-12-11 10:35 AM
    Can't imagine the 9900 having much more. For me this is the perfect phone with the best keyboard and form factor to date. I don't care about games or anything like that, so maybe that's why I like it so much. Does everything I want it to do very well.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    12-12-11 11:02 AM
    With 9900, just because of the kb lol
    12-12-11 11:42 AM
    my 9900 does what it's supposed to do

emails on the go and phone calls
    12-12-11 12:34 PM
    Just shows how rubbish some people are with test drives. The 9900 is a good phone and a massive jump from your 9700, I should know I jumped some time ago. The more I use it the more I appreciate the simplicity of the bb o/s with added os 7 features.
    12-12-11 01:14 PM
    I think Im the only person that has gone from a top of the line droid to a Blackberry.
    I went from the dual core processing. 4G LTE, 1GB of ram machine......to a 9930....and I am VERY happy.
    I do not have time for games, netflix, etc from my phone.
    Just something to google some things, browse the forums, send a lot of texts, and make phone calls.
    The Bold works for me, Im sorry it didnt for you
    Best of luck finding what floats your boat!!

Exactly why I switched from my iPhone4. It still is a business machine and handles that end of things excellently! If you want multimedia, watch movies and play games then get a device that does that well.
    12-12-11 01:18 PM
    As there are no details, it doesn't appear to be a thorough test drive. I, too, have owned a 9700. My work 9900 (AT&T) runs circles around it and is a much better business phone as is the 9810. If the Android platform meets your needs, then by all means, get one and move on.
    12-12-11 01:26 PM
    I test drove an android phone for over a year and traded it in ($105 from Sprint thank you for a 9930 and love it!
    12-12-11 09:02 PM
    Guess I'll plug my $.02 here as well.
    I have the 9900, and it works excellent for what I need. Lasts the whole day then some without recharging at work. My driod & ifad coworkers only dream of that.
    The camera works good for what I need, taking photo's of disasters to send to my foreman. I can bridge with my playbook for stuff that the larger screen is better for and still be able to email/BBM with coworkers.
    overall I'm very happy with my 9900 for both a work phone and a personal one, if I want to play games, I have a computer at home for that.
    12-13-11 05:21 AM
    Why do these threads exist? Why do the moderators here allow them? Every day, there is some clown that posts on a BlackBerry forum only to trash the BlackBerry, saying "I'll never upgrade to this".

Well...don't!!

It's pretty freaking simple.

I recently traded my iPhone 4S for a 9900, and at first I had a total anxiety attack. But, now I'm getting ok with the trade. Like everybody else here has said...the BlackBerry does what it's supposed to do, and does it pretty dang well if you ask me. I knew exactly I was getting into when I got the 9900. Superior email, messaging and phone calls. Communication...that's what BB has excelled at for years, ever since my first one...8700c.

Yeah, the camera sucks. But, my battery life is better than some have cried about on here...and it's built at least as well if not better than the iPhone 4 or any of those plasticky, hollow, toy-like Samsung, Motorola, or LG Android clone-phones out there.

Will I keep the BlackBerry? That's left to be seen, but at least I don't come on here and whine and post hater threads about how sorry the phone is. Go to an Android or iPhone forum and do that! You'll get all the accolades you want and so dearly desire.

So, be an adult and make your own choice without coming on this forum and being a hater.
    jamesbondOO7 and Umedon like this.
    12-13-11 06:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD