I've seen a lot of rumours of release dates for other carriers but very little for TELUS. I know that TELUS should be getting it, since there has been pics of a Bold 9900 running on the TELUS network floating around (sorry for no links, in the forums somewhere).

Seems to be some pretty big differences in release dates depending on the carrier. From my understanding it is Rogers that is getting the 9900 first in Canada, would it be wrong to assume that TELUS should be releasing it shortly after? *Fingers crossed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 03:57 PM
    im saying sometime in 2015

other than that, search the forums.
    curlyt1 and ignites like this.
    07-29-11 04:05 PM
    Rumours are useless anyways. There was a July 23rd and July 28th (US) rumour that came to pass. Just wait for the official release date to be announced.
    07-29-11 04:09 PM
    2015?? By then phones will be implanted at birth into our brains...duhhhh Im very optimistic about 2012 Aug 15
    07-29-11 04:12 PM
    i heard the 15th for rogers
    07-29-11 04:24 PM
    i heard the 15th for rogers

oh but i read it was the 3rd
    07-29-11 04:32 PM
    Anyone's guess/rumor is as good as the next persons. I'll tell you what I was told and I hold no "THIS IS THE DATE" merit to my post, but I was in TELUS today speaking with a rep who has always shown me pre-release models when they get stock. He showed me the iPhone 4, 2 weeks before it was released and the 9700, 2 weeks before it was released as well. He did not have one in hand tonight, but said that they expect the 9900 to arrive in 2 weeks.
    07-29-11 06:33 PM
    Anyone's guess/rumor is as good as the next persons. I'll tell you what I was told and I hold no "THIS IS THE DATE" merit to my post, but I was in TELUS today speaking with a rep who has always shown me pre-release models when they get stock. He showed me the iPhone 4, 2 weeks before it was released and the 9700, 2 weeks before it was released as well. He did not have one in hand tonight, but said that they expect the 9900 to arrive in 2 weeks.
    Definitely seems possible. Thanks for the info. It definitely seems like mid-august is gonna be the release date for most carriers. Definitely hope so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 06:49 PM
    I remember before the Torch released in Canada that days before the launch of September 30, no one knew what was going to happen. It was supposed to launch on the 24th and then it was delated and speculation was wild. I had spoke to reps from each carrier and none of the companies seemed to know what was going on, and that was AFTER the September 24 launch was to take place. Eventually September 30 came and I was able to pick up a Torch from Future Shop (but not a corporate carrier store). So, I guess my point is that even when a launch date is announced often carriers can't get their act together and delays ensue and reps from these carriers are left in the dark. Thus, madness occurs and us crazy addicts are left wondering when we're going to get the device. It's really unfortunate, but I guess it's difficult when these carriers (especially in Canada) are so large.
    07-30-11 02:27 PM
    I should have added that I really do hope this device makes it to Telus. I love my Bold 9780. I disliked the Torch because of the dual touch/physical keyboard but I think the keyboard on the 99XX series will be solid. I would like this device should my budget permit and I can afford the early upgrade/cancellation fee
    07-30-11 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD