Just got a telus bold 9900 after going android for close to a year now.

Disappointed to see that 2 way sync isnt working. BB > email is instantaneous but email > BB isnt working at all (waited for over 12 hours).

Any ideas?

Thanks
    08-14-11 04:14 PM
    What are you trying to sync? Email? Why not just add it through the Email Setup on the device?
    08-14-11 06:11 PM
    Ya,
    Email (gmail).

I added it through email setup but its not syncing properly
    08-14-11 06:12 PM
    Double check all your settings on both BB and gmail account. I just got a Telus 9900 sync'd up with gmail. I got my whole contact list, calendar, and emails loaded on my Bold within 2 minutes of start-up.
    08-14-11 06:32 PM
    Same but is 2 way syncing working for you?
    08-14-11 06:33 PM
    2 way works fine for me on GMail, I'd double check that you've configured it right.
    08-14-11 06:57 PM
    How do you configure it??
    08-14-11 06:58 PM
    I'm with Telus, and have same problem... I downloaded the GMail app and that is working ok, but the native BB mail app is not receiving emails. The icon is like faded out like its not fully activated, and its been more than 24 hours since I set it up.
    08-14-11 07:17 PM
    Id remove your email and add it again.

Thats not the same issue, im getting emials 100% fine everything works perfect. But 2 way sync isnt working.

ie if i mark unread or delete on my pc it doesnt change anything on my phone
    08-14-11 07:18 PM
    Id remove your email and add it again.

Thats not the same issue, im getting emials 100% fine everything works perfect. But 2 way sync isnt working.

ie if i mark unread or delete on my pc it doesnt change anything on my phone
    Check that the Wireless Reconcile box is ticked. It's only the read and deleted emails from PC to BB that can take a long time, everything else is fast, even sent emails from PC should appear in you BB very fast.
    08-14-11 07:52 PM
    Its checked.

ya i know it can take a while sometimes a couple hours. But mine isnt doing it at all (has been over 24 hours for some of the emails I was trying it with)
    08-14-11 07:55 PM
    Its checked.

ya i know it can take a while sometimes a couple hours. But mine isnt doing it at all (has been over 24 hours for some of the emails I was trying it with)
    Just click on the top date bar or hold it down for options and select mark prior read. 99.99% of the time I look at my emails on my BB first so it's not an issue for me.
    08-14-11 07:58 PM
    Ya,
    Not too big of an issue for me either.

Would be nice to have though

Thanks for your help. Im gonna try removing and readding my email agian and see what happens

Thanks
    08-14-11 07:59 PM
    Just got a telus bold 9900 after going android for close to a year now.

Disappointed to see that 2 way sync isnt working. BB > email is instantaneous but email > BB isnt working at all (waited for over 12 hours).

Any ideas?

Thanks
    That's because there is no full 2-way sync with gmail and a blackberry. Emails read or deleted on the BB show up as such instantaneously on the web. However, emails that you read or delete on your computer don't necessarily show up that way on your BB, at least not instantaneously.
    08-14-11 08:03 PM
    still?

I thought they enabled it a while ago?
    08-14-11 08:04 PM
    That's because there is no full 2-way sync with gmail and a blackberry. Emails read or deleted on the BB show up as such instantaneously on the web. However, emails that you read or delete on your computer don't necessarily show up that way on your BB, at least not instantaneously.
    It is 2way sync, the only thing that takes a long time is Read and Deleted emails, send an email from pc and it will show up on your BB in seconds.
    08-14-11 08:21 PM
    It is 2way sync, the only thing that takes a long time is Read and Deleted emails, send an email from pc and it will show up on your BB in seconds.
    The only thing? That's the most important part. It takes, if it even syncs, for read/deleted mails from the computer to show you that way on the BB. That's not full 2-way sync.
    08-14-11 08:40 PM
    The only thing? That's the most important part. It takes, if it even syncs, for read/deleted mails from the computer to show you that way on the BB. That's not full 2-way sync.
    I have a 9930 with VZ, mine is not syncing BB->Computer, I move a file to a Folder or read it in my Bold but the web has the message unread. I already deleted and added my gmail account three times, I don't know what to do, this never happened when I was with T-Mobile, so I'm blaming Verizon and/or BB OS7.

This could be the deal breaker for me, really, I still have three more weeks to return this.
    08-23-11 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD