The device is spectacular in many ways. Battery life is best I've seen since 8330 and I use mine hard most days. Having good battery life is a top 3 need for me and I would not want a device that I had to charge constantly. I've always thought I wouldn't get away from a full touch but this device totally change my thinking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-11 03:41 PM
    Gotta be the battery life...need to keep a spare 1 handy to really enjoy using it.
    09-18-11 03:50 PM
    Wish it had a dual core processor. The phone is pretty snappy overall, however there are times when I will get the time clock and have to wait a little.

It's not nearly as bad as older devices, however it still does exist. Hoping a software update can fix this though.

Other than that, the battery life could be a little better but I think it's pretty reasonable considering the use I give it.
    09-18-11 04:03 PM
    Camera - don't like the fact you can't take close ups of text etc.

09-18-11 04:35 PM
    Great phone feels and looks great best feature is keyboard sharp screen. Thing I hate is lack of apps which are pathetic
    bb421 likes this.
    09-18-11 04:46 PM
    That I have to wait till tomorrow to buy mine lol
    09-18-11 05:32 PM
    well I have quite a few things that I don't like about the BlackBerry 9900.

First even considering that I don't like it , I hate!

The sheer gaul of even considering that notion I hate!

And above all else I would have to say insane in the brain fact that early bird santa has not dropped on through the chimney is appalling

if that wasn't bad enough I sincerely hate that all my conniving to get one has not paid off yet to get me one rogers 9900

have I mentioned that I hate the fact I don't have one yet? ugh!

That does does it .. I did see a puddy tat .. !!! but still not BB 9900
    09-18-11 05:50 PM
    Don't particularly like some of the build issues I've had to replace but they're not serious and don't override the many beneficial attributes of the phone.
    09-18-11 10:36 PM
    only thing i dont like is the location of the convenience key and charging port, just some getting used to on my part i guess. Lotta complaints about battery life but mine is great. I dont know what ive done wrong in the past as my battery life on my 9630 and 9650 was horrible but this is much better
    09-19-11 07:08 AM
    I don�t like my 9900, because I can�t activate Documents to Go, and both Dataviz and RIM are useless if you have a problem or need help
    09-19-11 10:46 AM
    I don�t like my 9900, because I can�t activate Documents to Go, and both Dataviz and RIM are useless if you have a problem or need help
    First: Welcome to CrackBerry!

Second: Start a separate thread on this subject in the Native Apps forum so you are more likely to get focused advice and solutions.

(DTG is native, now, right? RIM includes it with OS 7 on the 99s.)
    09-19-11 12:44 PM
    I have had my 9930 over the weekend now, and have played with it enough to decide I like it quite a bit. Probably the best blend of a touch device with what Blackberry does best. I'm not experiencing the battery life issues that others are, as the phone seems to click right along battery wise as the multitude of other Blackberries I've had.

I am still getting used to the new phone, and when to move up and use the touch screen sometimes, because I swipe up on the trackpad to scroll up a page, but my thumb drifts onto the screen and scrolls it back down. Not a big complaint, just using the two in tandem is new and will take some getting used to; shifting the phone's position in my hand to use both the touch screen and hard keys when holding in just one hand.

I hope I get used to it before my next flight, and send it across the airport terminal floor because it is very slim, slender and sleek and feels easy to drop while trying to multitask between flights.
    09-19-11 02:48 PM
    I used a Torch and would accidentally "face dial" too, but that doesn't seem to happen on my 9900, so not an issue. My battery was draining faster when I first got it, compared with the9700 I had, but now it's settled down and I get a full day of charge easily. I love the touch screen, love OS7, love the keyboard, it's definitely my favorite Berry yet. Even the camera is better for me............coming from 9700.
    09-19-11 08:04 PM
    I had been using the 9780 since last November, and now that I have the 9900, I honestly can't imagine really using the 9780 anywhere near as heavily as I did before.

I will say that sometimes my cheek mutes the 9900 or I accidentally call someone because I press their name in my call log, after I've hit the green phone, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

I say go for the 9900, I know the "liquid graphics" thing might sound gimmicky, but the touchscreen and it's overall responsiveness on my 9900 is a lot better than on my friends' 9800. Happy Bolding!
    09-19-11 09:26 PM
    Loving the phone, only gripe is I wish the camera was as good as my Sony Ericsson Arc I had played with. Now that's a camera. Best I've used on a smartphone. Other than that, loving the 9900.

09-19-11 10:14 PM
    Really just two minor things

1. I miss the second convenience key. I used to use one for the camera and one for the calendar now I have to use the on screen icon for the calendar

2. They should have planned ahead and planed to have more than 210 or so MB available for app installs, but given the crappy state of apps on Blackberry it does not really matter I guess. I have almost all the apps I had on my 9650 on this one and am using less than half the available app memory.

I would have been perfectly fine if the phone were a little thicker but had the better camera, but I honestly don't have any issues with this one.
    09-19-11 10:19 PM
    THanks guys. It seems that are so many positive reviews. The + outweights the - so I got myself a NEW 9900 !!!

I immediately love the keyboard. Its softer than the older Onyx or the Torch keyboard. Its almost like the Nokia E71 or E72 that I had a few years ago.

I haven't really tried it yet and see how bad the battery but I cross my finger and hope everything is gonna be fine with me

- Charles
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    09-20-11 01:09 PM
    THanks guys. It seems that are so many positive reviews. The + outweights the - so I got myself a NEW 9900 !!!

I immediately love the keyboard. Its softer than the older Onyx or the Torch keyboard. Its almost like the Nokia E71 or E72 that I had a few years ago.

I haven't really tried it yet and see how bad the battery but I cross my finger and hope everything is gonna be fine with me

- Charles
    Congrats. hope you enjoy your new device. Spread the word.
    09-20-11 08:28 PM
    Really just two minor things
    2. They should have planned ahead and planed to have more than 210 or so MB available for app installs, but given the crappy state of apps on Blackberry it does not really matter I guess. I have almost all the apps I had on my 9650 on this one and am using less than half the available app memory.
    You can just shrink the OS and get about another 100mb easy.
    09-20-11 08:33 PM
    You can just shrink the OS and get about another 100mb easy.
    Sorry no, I stooped messing with the OS's when I dumped my Tour.
    09-20-11 10:26 PM
    It's not as comfortable to hold as the old 9780. The edges are squared off so it's unpleasant in the palm of your hand. It's iPhone like, thin and not very ergonomic.
    09-20-11 11:09 PM
    RIM's quality control in general; they need to get a grip and balance between low cost production with quality of the product itself.
    09-20-11 11:41 PM
    I have used all the keyboard of the blackberry. What stand out is the Torch. It looked the same as any bold keyboard but I thought it was small. The 9930 is perfect size.
    09-21-11 12:01 AM
    Oh no.. I THINK I am getting a lemon battery. My phone was fully charged at 10am but at around 12noon, its about 50%. I admit I use the phone pretty often during that time chatting with people and exploring the phone but still, thats almost 25% per hour drain rate

Battery made in Japan, processed in Mexico. Phone made in Hungrary 2

- Charles
    09-21-11 12:16 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD