I am about to buy the Blackberry 9900, replacing my current 9800 but I am having some doubts myself.

I dont like the 9800 as I need to slid open the device whenever I want to type so I think the 9900 is great but then I dont like the 9800 for its touchscreen. Sometimes, when picking up a call, my face would accidentally touch the MUTE or SPEAKER button.

I am leaning heavily towards the 9900 because its looks great and wanna play around with the OS 7 but a better device in my mine would be the 9780.

So what do you guys think? What do you hate about 9900?

- Charles
    09-17-11 10:19 PM
    What I may hate or love, others may love or hate. It's truly up to the user...... Most basic review address some issues and also what is good about it.

Oh by the way I love mine. I hate nothing..
    09-17-11 10:25 PM
    I really enjoyed my Torch, but after changing to the 9900 I don't see what I saw with the Torch...lol. There really isn't anything I dislike about the 9900.
    09-17-11 10:32 PM
    I am enjoying the device, but the following things are super annoying to me.

1. Camera: good enough, but lacking compared to other smartphones. This issue has been widely discussed so you can search the forum if you want to find out more about it.

2. Apps: As I have said in other threads, there are some key apps that are missing, such as personal banking apps, airline apps, LinkedIn, Amazon, and EBay.

Those two are my main complaints.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-17-11 10:39 PM
    love keyboard

hate battery life (mine last roughly 12 hrs... for the 1 st week since i have it... i m looknig into what i may have done wrong to try to fix this)
    09-17-11 11:05 PM
    I don't like that I don't have one.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    09-17-11 11:30 PM
    I love mine. I also switched from 9800, though first to 9780. I am very happy with the 9900, but it all depends what you need. As people already mentioned, the battery life is not as great, but does just fine for a full day of even heavy usage (for me at least). Also, apps are lacking, but the most popular ones (beweather, bebuzz, meterberry, etc.) are working OK, but I don't know how much more you need/use, so its up to you. What I will say, is that the 9900 has hands down the best keyboard ever so if you do a lot of tex/email, it is great..
    09-17-11 11:46 PM
    Lets think of it this way,

Some group members of OSBB just compaired the difference of the 9930 and 9650, to the 9650 and a rotary phone.
    09-17-11 11:47 PM
    Nothing for me to hate. In fact it is an amazing device. If you had issues touching the screen with your face on the 9800 then you might on the Bold as well. I tend to angle the phone out away from my face a little and always have with phones. So it is not an issue for me.
    09-17-11 11:57 PM
    I don't like that it most likely will not be upgradeable to the QNX OS. I also don't like the edof camera that was put in. Other than that, I love the 9900.
    09-18-11 12:02 AM
    Is it better than what I had before? Yes. I love it. Fast, killer combo of  keyboard and touchscreen, solid battery life (for me, usually around 14-16 hours), and BBOS 7, which I love. Camera is good, if you use the right settings.nothing ireally don't like.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-11 01:37 AM
    ok then.. Sounds great. Getting one next week

- Charles
    09-18-11 02:10 AM
    My wife dislikes it. Because I keep playing it and ignoring her.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-18-11 04:57 AM
    Its a good solid device all around no real dislikes here I think you will like it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-18-11 05:42 AM
    Hate the camera. Sorry to say that.

Not yet managed to take a single sharp image in low-light or clubs. All are unsharp - even though they appear quite good on the small 9900 screen, on a computer they are crap.

That's sad, because with a great camera the 9900 would have everything.
    09-18-11 05:49 AM
    Lacks email support for imap users who would like to access all of his/hers email folders. I would love to be able to save my email to these same folders that I have set up but can not see on my RIM device.
    09-18-11 06:46 AM
    Nothing. The lack of apps I used previously on my android handset but I've found many alternatives. I'm so happy with it. Especially only being tied in to the contract for 11 months now (one month down!) and I could always sell it at a hopefully high price and change phone next year IF necessary.
    09-18-11 07:24 AM
    I switched to the 9900 from the 9810, and though I did like the 9810, I prefer the 9900. I don't like wearing a holster, so the thin and light weight feel of the 9900 is awesome. The keyboard on the 9810 was great, but the 9900's is in a league of it's own. I first thought the screen size may be an issue, but it has not been.

Overall I don't have any real complaints, the camera could be better but it depends on what you use it for. I always bring a real camera when I go somewhere that I intend to take pictures. The thing about the camera or camera's on phones in general, is that I would tend to use it for close up shots of labels or price tags and other info like that. That's really where the camera lacks, and for a business oriented phone, you would think talking a photo of a business card for example would be an easy feat. What I do is hold the camera back further, which allows for a sharper photo, then just zoom in on that area of the image. I did get some awesome shots on both phones though; remember that good lighting is your best friend.

If you want the classic blackberry look and feel, you won't get better than this.
    09-18-11 09:32 AM
    I hate battery ,Worst battery i ever had in a phone!Heavy user,last 8 hours.
    09-18-11 09:52 AM
    I hate battery ,Worst battery i ever had in a phone!Heavy user,last 8 hours.
    Ugh, that's what I get with my Thunderbolt. I was hoping the 9930 was better. I guess as technology advances, battery drain is more.

09-18-11 11:50 AM
    Ugh, that's what I get with my Thunderbolt. I was hoping the 9930 was better. I guess as technology advances, battery drain is more.

The 9930 is better for many. I get 2+ days. There's no definitive answer as to why the battery life is so variable for users.
    Last edited by southlander; 09-18-11 at 12:52 PM.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-18-11 12:42 PM
    I love everithing about my 9900, i only wish a better battery life.

09-18-11 12:58 PM
    There is a small amount of defective batteries floating around, but most people who report poor battery life either don't know what they are doing or have their settings incorrectly configured for good battery life.

09-18-11 01:12 PM
    So far (3 weeks), the only things I do not like are ....

1. Email configuration and arrangement is so strange. You BES emails are in a folder called "Desktop", while your Gmail emails are in a separate folder for each account! You can't see which folder is which account unless you track over each of them!

That is a OS feedback, and not a device feedback. There is nothing in the device that I don't like!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-18-11 02:30 PM
    I'm sure many people have said this, but I love everything about it, except for the battery.
    09-18-11 03:07 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD