I know RIM acquired TAT and it has been working on apps for the Playbook but does anyone know if TAT will be developings apps, etc. for the new Bold? They have some really good looking stuff and would love to see them do some things for the 9900. Can't wait until this phone is released!
    06-14-11 06:47 AM
    My guess is no. The acquisition of TAT seems more in step with QNX. I think it would fit better with the development cycle anf possible functionalities of the QNX OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-11 07:25 AM
    My guess is no. The acquisition of TAT seems more in step with QNX. I think it would fit better with the development cycle anf possible functionalities of the QNX OS.

Thanks for the response. That was my guess too. Hopefully they will develop for the phones when QNX is the phone OS. The future looks bright!
    06-14-11 08:19 AM
    I love that their have TAT with them now. I also doubt that they will be making anything for the OS7 phones. Once we get to QNX phones I believe they will impress us with their amazing work.

06-14-11 08:23 AM
    I'm wondering if TAT had anything to do with the look of the new icons. Yes they look similar to the old icons but they are more colorful and slightly different then what OS6 has.
    06-14-11 09:09 AM
    My understanding is that TAT is more UI- and app-focused than OS-focused. There is also the whole Highlander concept thing going on, which is aimed at making as many parts reusable between OS7 and OS8 as possible. I wouldn't say it's a certainty, but I think it's entirely possible that TAT may have a hand in OS7.

06-14-11 09:36 AM
    06-14-11 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD