Hi all

Last week my 9900 suddenly spung up a tape logo on the home screen centre between profile & search icons, which iirc is answerphone message?

I have no answerphone messages, and have had the phone for 8 months, and it's never shown it before. Have turned answerphone divert off & on again with no joy

How do i get rid of it?

V7.0.0.585
    Vodafone
    04-09-12 04:20 PM
    Sounds like a voice mail. If you use a third pary voice mail it may have missed one, and the message is sitting on the carrier voice mail. Has happended to me a few times.
    04-09-12 04:32 PM
    It is a voice mail message (answerphone message) icon. Sometimes after you go over your new messages, it could take a while to disappear depend on the service provider and the area are in right now. For example, in rural areas in Canada, it takes a long time like two min to to make it go away while in main cities it disappear in seconds.

If it won't go away for a long time, reboot the phone or do a battery pull.
    04-09-12 04:57 PM
    As I say, have checked & turned off the answerphone several times, no saved messages at all.

Rebooted several times as I have a spare battery.

Blasted thing still there!!!
    04-16-12 12:28 PM
    get someone to leave you a voicemail and then check it and it should go away after that, i've had that happen to me before.
    04-16-12 01:00 PM
    get someone to leave you a voicemail and then check it and it should go away after that, i've had that happen to me before.
    Had at least 15 messages since the logo appeared- it's been about 3 weeks now, and never had before as use text notification rather than voice, so all I ever get is a text message
    04-17-12 04:20 PM
    Well last weeks software update fixed it!
    05-25-12 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD