Interesting conversation with BB tech support at Verizon. Discussed the bricking issue of the 99xx which led to the topic (unknown to me) that the new Droids are dropping like flies in a furnace. She told me that compared to the 99xx's, a staggering percentage of the new Droids are all bricking and being exchanged out. I am on my 3rd 9930 and am concerned how many more I'm entitled to! Haha, but she did reassure me that most all the carriers are fully aware of the bricking issue. Yet Rim has yet to explain to anyone as to the cause. Well I hope I can last till BB10 arrives.
    02-20-12 07:12 PM
    Have you tried upgrading to the newest leak. It works great and has awesome battery life. I have been lucky and havent had the bricking issues so far *crosses fingers*
    02-20-12 07:25 PM
    Wow. See... no one pays attention that there are problems on other platforms. You have the same chance that something could go wrong on any platform.
    02-20-12 07:26 PM
    Yes dustanh, I think when we are getting new hardware, new Os and touchscreen combined it is new territory for any smartphone maker. I have experience building pc's. And the issue occurs when different components from several different manufacturers from different factorys are combined. No one can really be sure if they will play nice or not. I really enjoy my Bold but BB10 can't get here soon enough for me!
    02-20-12 09:02 PM
    Every platform has issues not just RIM. Just read other forums you will see we are not the only ones with issues. Its hard to compare the different platforms they each have their own niche in the smart phone market.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-20-12 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD