I am considering jumping ship from AT&T to one of these for the 9930. Here is the dilemma though. I really like that AT&T has data still coming in while using the phone. It is my understanding that neither Verizon or Sprint have that. Is that accurate?

I get an employer discount for both, and for political reasons at work would be better served carrying a Sprint phone than any others. Other than getting it a week earlier, how do I decide between the two? Is it the exact same phone?
    08-15-11 09:57 AM
    I have been using Sprint for 12-13 years.... you can't beat the cost - I don't think I have ever been on the phone and found the need to surf the net..... I am constantly looking at the other plans on the other carriers and just cannot justify the increase in cost.....
    08-15-11 10:00 AM
    Sprint and Verizon do not offer data while using the phone. But like tliolos has stated, I don't find myself needing it very often. But understand, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.
    08-15-11 10:02 AM
    Good point. I don't need to use the browser much, but have found myself on a conference call or something and needing to send email and text.
    08-15-11 10:08 AM
    Good point. I don't need to use the browser much, but have found myself on a conference call or something and needing to send email and text.
    if im not mistaking you can send a text while you talk but my advice will be to check the coverge map in you area, if sprint's coverage its good go with them since they are the cheapest and will offer you unlimited data but otherwise verizon service is always good!
    08-15-11 10:15 AM
    Texts will still come in during calls. I switched over from AT&T to Verizon about 6 months ago and the coverage is much better, and I don't chat on the phone a lot so being able to use both as the same time isn't that important to me. Besides, once Verizon gets their LTE network matured a bit more, it will be moot as you'll be able to surf and talk at the same time.
    08-15-11 10:18 AM
    You would also get slower data on Verizon or Sprint than AT&T. If you can afford to buy off contract from Rogers that would be your best route.
    08-15-11 10:20 AM
    I am considering jumping ship from AT&T to one of these for the 9930. Here is the dilemma though. I really like that AT&T has data still coming in while using the phone. It is my understanding that neither Verizon or Sprint have that. Is that accurate?

I get an employer discount for both, and for political reasons at work would be better served carrying a Sprint phone than any others. Other than getting it a week earlier, how do I decide between the two? Is it the exact same phone?
    ON Verizon or Sprint Blackberry you CAN use internet and bbm etc while on the phone as long as your connected to a local network via WIFI.
    08-15-11 10:24 AM

I've had Sprint for a long time and have been very happy with the service and customer service also. Sprint offers excellent employer discount (mine is 16% off total bill) also, Sprint will be at least $30-40 less than Verizon, and Sprint's Unlimted Data too. Go with Sprint, You won't be sorry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 10:26 AM
    You would also get slower data on Verizon or Sprint than AT&T. If you can afford to buy off contract from Rogers that would be your best route.
    In some ways this makes the most sense as I have to buy out of contract with AT&T $235, plus the price of the phone. Only way to rationalize I guess is if I am saving month to month long term on service fee.

Not sure I'm tech savvy enough to pull off the unlocking, etc.
    08-15-11 10:28 AM
    In some ways this makes the most sense as I have to buy out of contract with AT&T $235, plus the price of the phone. Only way to rationalize I guess is if I am saving month to month long term on service fee.

Not sure I'm tech savvy enough to pull off the unlocking, etc.
    PM me if you need help with the unlocking.
    08-15-11 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD