Hi everyone, its my first post here
    Its long but any help will be really helpful!

So I'm currently using the 9000 bold (falling apart) with ATT and I go to Hong Kong twice a year and use a local sim card from 3 mobile. A while ago, I spend like 40 bucks gave it to someone in Hong Kong to unlock it for me and he was like internet is def not gonna be able to be unlocked (which i dont care because i didnt have internet service with 3 back then) and to text, i have to constantly "search for networks" and switch it to 2G in order send a text because it can't send text on 3G and it switches back to "3G without internet" all the time, but phone call works perfectly fine. So i just got by with it for a year and half.

Now, I'm def getting the 9900 but i need to figure out the 100% safe way, which I'll be able to use internet, phone and text on both ATT and 3 Hong Kong network (I'll have a internet plan next time i go to HK) Im just worried that the internet function won't work even if i unlock an ATT 9900 because something is different between ATT and 3 mobile.

Sorry this is really long but I really can't find any help.
    Thanks a lot guys!
    Last edited by melvinoo; 08-30-11 at 04:37 PM. Reason: missed some information
    08-30-11 04:35 PM
    it depends on what technology they use... at&t uses gsm... not sure if HK is the same or not... if they use the same then you will ok... the 9900 is a world phone meaning it will work on any GSM carrier

if you want a cheap solution to unlock it... CellPhoneUnlock - Cell Phone Unlock BlackBerry Motorola Cell Phone Unlock Nokia HTC
    08-30-11 05:52 PM
    What carrier is it in HK? 3?
    08-30-11 08:53 PM
    it depends on what technology they use... at&t uses gsm... not sure if HK is the same or not... if they use the same then you will ok... the 9900 is a world phone meaning it will work on any GSM carrier

if you want a cheap solution to unlock it... CellPhoneUnlock - Cell Phone Unlock BlackBerry Motorola Cell Phone Unlock Nokia HTC
    Thanks for the reply!
    What are the other types of carrier other than GSM?
    My friend from HK just got a 9900 from Rogers and it works! idk if that means AT&T's 9900 gonna work too?
    08-30-11 10:22 PM
    What carrier is it in HK? 3?
    Yea, its 3. Thanks!
    08-30-11 10:23 PM
    Thanks for the reply!
    What are the other types of carrier other than GSM?
    My friend from HK just got a 9900 from Rogers and it works! idk if that means AT&T's 9900 gonna work too?
    correct... rogers, att, bell, telus all use the same 3g bands

other types of carriers are cdma... aka sprint and verizon
    08-31-11 12:45 AM
    As well as Virgin Mobile Canada
    08-31-11 08:38 AM
    As well as Virgin Mobile Canada
    virgin is a company of bell... i guess i could have mentioned them... lol

also FYI... no official bell store or virgin store will sell a device outright to you... at least they arent suppose to... if you want a bell or virgin device out right you have to go to a 3rd party seller like wireless wave, best buy or future shop
    08-31-11 03:28 PM
    Yes dealers usually will sell them for full pop.
    08-31-11 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD