I want a Bold 9900 from AT&T but don't want to give up unlimited data or go to Sprint to get it. I tweeted earlier today that it would be great if Verizon provided AT&T unlimited data customers the ability to get a Bold 9930 with a special unlimited data plan for as long as they stay on Blackberry. I got a number of positive replies.

How can we go about starting this petition so we can try to convince Verizon to provide us with a special plan for us to switch carriers?

Consider the amount of defectors from AT&T to Verizon if we make a large enough sound....we'll get our phones and keep our data. I believe Verizon provides good service, enough to switch carriers.

Anyone, help me figure this campaign out.
    09-03-11 01:18 PM
    It could possibly work, but think by the time if they would actually offer it...ATT will have the bold anywho...so might as well wait. I am in the same boat, unlimited data, don't want to get rid of it.
    09-03-11 01:27 PM
    Make a web petition and constantly aggravate their marketing staff about it - that usually works for things like this.
    09-03-11 01:30 PM
    I'm all for this - this is one of the reasons I'm hesitant to ditch at&t right now. I have no idea how you would get this rolling - but I am willing to bet the PUC wont go for something like this, assuming the PUC has jurisdiction in the wireless area.
    Last edited by psiclne; 09-03-11 at 01:34 PM.
    09-03-11 01:32 PM
    Your grandfathered Unlimited Plan will transfer over... whoever told you otherwise is mistaken. I have had a Nexus One, then an iPhone, then back to a Nexus One and my data plan has remained untouched. Going to a 4G plan will be grandfathered as well... AT&T has said this in the past. The only way they can drop you from a grandfathered unlimited plan is if you opt out for some reason.
    09-03-11 02:44 PM
    Your grandfathered Unlimited Plan will transfer over... whoever told you otherwise is mistaken. I have had a Nexus One, then an iPhone, then back to a Nexus One and my data plan has remained untouched. Going to a 4G plan will be grandfathered as well... AT&T has said this in the past. The only way they can drop you from a grandfathered unlimited plan is if you opt out for some reason.
    the OP is trying to switch carriers and keep unlimited even though verizon stopped offering it...
    09-03-11 02:49 PM
    the OP is trying to switch carriers and keep unlimited even though verizon stopped offering it...
    His profile shows that AT&T is his carrier.
    09-03-11 02:52 PM
    yeah but he wants to be able to get the new bold by switching to verizon and keep his unlimited that he had on att to transfer to verizon... this isn't something they do so he's talking about doing a petition to get it started...

then that other guy is talking about his nexus 1 and switch but thats an att phone and he's confused.. thinking that the OP is worried about losing his unlimited by switching phones... so i was mentioning that his goal is to switch to verizon
    09-03-11 03:01 PM
    I switched from Verizon to AT&T many years ago to get better blackberries and have the ability to switch a phone anytime simply becuase GSM is more of a standard. I have unlimited Data but I think as much as I want a 9900 right now I still like the fact that I have easily switch my phones on AT&T. If the 9900 is truely going to be released in November then I will be getting a Rogers 9900 to use till the QNX phone comes to AT&T.
    09-03-11 03:04 PM
    yeah but he wants to be able to get the new bold by switching to verizon and keep his unlimited that he had on att to transfer to verizon... this isn't something they do so he's talking about doing a petition to get it started...

then that other guy is talking about his nexus 1 and switch but thats an att phone and he's confused.. thinking that the OP is worried about losing his unlimited by switching phones... so i was mentioning that his goal is to switch to verizon
    I switched from Verizon to AT&T many years ago to get better blackberries and have the ability to switch a phone anytime simply becuase GSM is more of a standard. I have unlimited Data but I think as much as I want a 9900 right now I still like the fact that I have easily switch my phones on AT&T. If the 9900 is truely going to be released in November then I will be getting a Rogers 9900 to use till the QNX phone comes to AT&T.
    If AT&T and VZW have equally good coverage, then there is an advantage of staying with AT&T. It is not possible to use voice/data simultaneously on VZW unless using WiFi for the data. That is a limitation of CDMA.
    09-03-11 03:07 PM

No I'm not confused... there are two possible things the OP is trying to say. He either A) Wants a 9900 on AT&T, but is tired of waiting, so he's thinking of going to VZW or Sprint to get it and is thinking of ways to keep his unlimited plan AND get another carrier to honor it (which Sprint has so idk what the problem is). or B) He thinks that getting the 9900 on AT&T will get rid of his unlimited plan since it's technically a "4G" phone, which it will not get rid of.
    09-03-11 03:08 PM
    its not B at all

How can we go about starting this petition so we can try to convince Verizon to provide us with a special plan for us to switch carriers?
    he wants verizon to start a new program where if you were an att member with unlimited, you can switch over and keep that unlimited even though they ended the unlimited data....
    09-03-11 03:18 PM
    its not B at all

he wants verizon to start a new program where if you were an att member with unlimited, you can switch over and keep that unlimited even though they ended the unlimited data....
    That will not happen. Sprint offers unlimited data to new customers, though.
    09-03-11 03:25 PM
    That will not happen. Sprint offers unlimited data to new customers, though.
    i agree with you... but... the OP has a DREAM!!!
    09-03-11 03:37 PM
    hey, we live in a free country we can dream about anything
    09-03-11 04:40 PM
    If AT&T and VZW have equally good coverage, then there is an advantage of staying with AT&T. It is not possible to use voice/data simultaneously on VZW unless using WiFi for the data. That is a limitation of CDMA.
    +1 this is was the reason i left Verizon and now happy at&t camper last 3 years
    09-03-11 04:42 PM
    Yes, I am currently using AT&T and want to switch to Verizon and keep my unlimited data, which Verizon no longer offers.

R.I.F. - Reading Is Fundamental
    09-04-11 11:48 AM
    Just to clarify, I am not Martin Luther King, Jr.
    09-04-11 11:50 AM
    +1 this is was the reason i left Verizon and now happy at&t camper last 3 years
    I have found that maybe 5-10% of my usage revolves around data and voice concurrently, so I could live without it, if need be.

In my job I travel and there are certain areas where I have had issues with coverage with AT&T, such as Phoenix, Columbus, NYC and San Francisco....where co-workers with Verizon have had full coverage and I didn't.

So I have to weigh those facts.....does having concurrent voice/data mean more than having actual coverage?

The answer is if I have no coverage, it doesn't matter what I have. Coverage counts/trumps over anything else. Features matter not without signal.
    09-04-11 11:54 AM
    Just to clarify, I am not Martin Luther King, Jr.
    Very true, but your dream could change the future.
    09-04-11 12:17 PM
    I have found that maybe 5-10% of my usage revolves around data and voice concurrently, so I could live without it, if need be.

In my job I travel and there are certain areas where I have had issues with coverage with AT&T, such as Phoenix, Columbus, NYC and San Francisco....where co-workers with Verizon have had full coverage and I didn't.

So I have to weigh those facts.....does having concurrent voice/data mean more than having actual coverage?

The answer is if I have no coverage, it doesn't matter what I have. Coverage counts/trumps over anything else. Features matter not without signal.
    How is Sprint's coverage in those areas?
    09-04-11 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD