Anyone in this situation...

you have a Rogers Bold 9900 unlocked, but you are using an AT&T sim card in the phone instead of a Rogers sim card....in CANADA...not the US....

what is your network speed at the top? 3G? OR H+?

I used this same rogers unlocked bold 9900 in the US with an AT&T Sim card and I was able to receive H+ at the top...but for some reason in Canada (maybe because this is due to roaming) I only get 3G...weird....even though people who use a rogers sim card on the rogers bold bold 9900 in Canada are able to get H+..
    08-17-11 01:07 PM
    Most likely due to roaming, as you said if you had a rogers sim you'd have access to H+
    08-17-11 01:10 PM
    That's odd .. should show H+
    08-17-11 01:10 PM
    Most likely due to roaming, as you said if you had a rogers sim you'd have access to H+
    yeah probably...because when i went back to the US....my friend had the rogers phone using his rogers sim card so he was roaming on the AT&T network....he only had 3G ...no H+...meanwhile when i was back on the AT&t network i had H+ with my AT&T sim card...

but as soon as I return to canada with my AT&T sim card still in the phone the best i can get is 3G on my phone...

is there a difference between 3G AND H+?
    08-17-11 01:16 PM
    Im having a similar issue. I only get 3G using a Rogers 9900 with my Fido sim card, but when i put a rogers sim card in i get H+. It must not allow H+ speed while the phone thinks its roaming?
    08-17-11 01:25 PM
    yeah probably...because when i went back to the US....my friend had the rogers phone using his rogers sim card so he was roaming on the AT&T network....he only had 3G ...no H+...meanwhile when i was back on the AT&t network i had H+ with my AT&T sim card...

but as soon as I return to canada with my AT&T sim card still in the phone the best i can get is 3G on my phone...

is there a difference between 3G AND H+?
    There is a difference. H+ allows you speeds up to 14.4mbps download on the 9900 where as 3G shoud give you around 3+mbpg but i think it can go up to ~ 7mbps.
    08-17-11 01:29 PM
    have you tried using your unlocked bold 9900 with your AT&T sim card in Canada?

i'm pretty sure if you did you would only have access to 3G...and no H+...
    08-17-11 01:38 PM
    have you tried using your unlocked bold 9900 with your AT&T sim card in Canada?

i'm pretty sure if you did you would only have access to 3G...and no H+...
    I have not but i think you are right, i wouldn't have access to H+ due to roaming.
    08-17-11 01:41 PM
    so stupid...we should...i mean everyone gets 3G when roaming...

we should be able to get the H+ as well...not a big deal
    08-17-11 01:47 PM
    Everything has to do with their roaming agreements, so for the only carrier in the US that has 4G, H+ (or whatever you want to call it) roaming agreement is Sprint with a company in Jamaica.

You will never be able to get H+ if using ATT in canada or Rogers in USA, unless they update there roaming aggrement to allow this.
    08-17-11 02:27 PM
    i can't even see my h+...
    09-03-11 04:09 AM
    Tried two different versions here in Thailand today with DTAC,TRUE and AIS on both versions and neither one was able to get H+ signal. The T-Mobile version refused to even get 3G on the DTAC and TRUE network SIM cards.
    09-17-11 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD