Yea I'm going to "withdrawl" myself from this thread, you can't change a haters mind...
    08-07-11 08:29 PM
    Lol, I suspect $199 will be what most people end up paying, but cool that you were able to pre order man

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    08-07-11 08:51 PM
    @Dayvidpriddy Congrats!
    08-07-11 10:04 PM
    @Dayvidpriddy Congrats bro! I'm itching to get mine ordered.

@ Everyone else...
    BB9900 on Tmo will launch for business on the 17th everyone else 31st
    Retail cost $599.99
    2yr contract cost $299.99 after $50 mir
    Management in Tmo already has these details

That's it I'm done.
    08-07-11 10:22 PM
    @Dayvidpriddy Congrats bro! I'm itching to get mine ordered.

@ Everyone else...
    BB9900 on Tmo will launch for business on the 17th everyone else 31st
    Retail cost $599.99
    2yr contract cost $299.99 after $50 mir
    Management in Tmo already has these details

That's it I'm done.
    I think you are most likely right and I am glad to see someone so happy to get the price they wanted. However, every third party vendor will most likely start at $199 or $150 and TMO will sell no 9900 devices at $299 with a mail in rebate...none. The price will drop within a week. I love BB and I will own this phone...but that price will not sell and TMO is dumb to even try it.
    08-07-11 11:00 PM
    Couldn't agree more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-11 11:03 PM
    @Dayvid

Generally I would read through a thread like this and not bother to reply because....(let's just consider it me being lazy).

I'm going to school you here, in the most sincere fashion I can since I don't enjoy being rude.

Sure, it seemed as if you were trying to justify your point which was cool, initially that is. Then you went and "double posted" (9 times) and in the process you were just an audacious p***k. Here's why:

Post 42, I believe you said Britnasty is back after trolling, so what. Her "2nd" post didn't offend you in any way did it? (Britnasty: I didn't delete my comment, someone else deleted it.") Then you reiterated that fact that you got the phone for $199, in very childish tone. Now keep in mind how you tell everyone to take a psychology course. (I'll get back to this).

Post 43, you believe that you got the phone for less than everyone else. ($199) which you are forgetting the fact that it isn't released yet and no pricing is confirmed until it is either on the website or at the store for that matter. You: "that means I got it for less than most of you will. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about that! " Again childish tone, and you basically called everyone else a dumbass (in a slightly less demeaning way, but still offense).

Post 45, Pre-ordering so you can get it for $100 less? Why don't you have them notate your account and you'll pay them the day of the phone release. And you'll get your promised price if you are such a "valued" "special" customer, which every term you perfer.

Post 46, Your childish tone and mentality stands out here the most so far. "Are you serious, that's pennies....get a life!" This is the point where I suspect you're 16, have never worked a day in your life nor know the value of money. Now back to your "psychology" course comment, have you heard of philosophy? It seems as if you should take some. I'm going to give you a free session in philosophy here. (BTW BBThemes, great saying!) Dayvid, have you heard of the saying, "save a penny earn a penny." The two sayings hold a similar intent, meaning if you save your pennies they'll add up to pounds, or in the US, dollars. Or should I put BBThemes's saying in a layman's terms for you? "Look after the pennies and the dollars will look after themselves." Now here's an after school special for you, "Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Figure that one out.

Post 47, A supervisor quoted you, did you record the call so you can use that as reference? In case you want to quote him because everyone else gets it for $199 and you want the real $100 so you get it for $99?? But technically the supervisor is correct, $299 on release which sounds right, without the rebates that are given to all full upgrades/new contracts. So he could have bent the truth or left that detail out, told you it would be $299, extend your contract, take off $100 which would be taken off as if any other customer were to buy it with a full upgrade/new contract. I don't think Maliberti would agree with you that "it sucks to be him." Have you been in his shoes? Knows how his life is? (My apologies, Maliberti if you're a girl).

Post 48, That post didn't make much sense. Are you trying to rub it in that you got $100 but also getting the phone later? Of course someone who gets the phone prior to official release will expect to pay more. He also gets more time to play with it and before you. But of course that all comes down to whether the person wants to pay the extra monies for the phone to get it earlier than YOU!

Post 49, You just used that same childish tone to call someone an *****. Joju was trying to help you by seeing if they include the $50 mail in rebate so you get a better deal. The point being, your "$199" minus another $50 rebate so it would actually be $149. READ and THINK.

Post 50, sure, there are "haters" but why are you stooping to their level? They're not really trolling, they just feel that you didn't get a deal, which I'm sure could have been expressed in a better way. Don't get me wrong, I'm not standing up for the way they expressed their feelings but I have no control over that. So fair enough.

Post 52, (Just for ****s and giggles) It's "withdraw." Since you're taking an action (verb). (Feel free to correct me English professors, English wasn't a strong suit in school for me).

Now, here's the kicker! You're getting this phone for $199, walk with me here, you're forgetting the tax, "do the math" on that and you're really getting it for more than $199 (shocked look on my face). I think everyone will agree whether or not you scored a deal when everything is finalized (prices) on paper, in store, etc. Then comes to the part of having TMO ship the phone to you, which I believe they will ship it on the 31st, the rumored/confirmed release date to date. So you're actually going to get it later than people who go into the store to get it. Here's the best part to my post here now, I will actually be receiving this device free of charge from TMO! So how you enjoyed saying you got it for less than everyone else (I believe in some of your posts you said "most") I just want you to know, someone will get it for free. Which I believe is far better deal than "$199." Whether they ship it to me the day of the 31st or allow me to pick it up in store on the release day, I think I received the better deal. But don't get me wrong, I'm not gloating or trying to put you down, I just wanted to throw that out there for you.

But again, we'll all know if you received a deal on the release date. I hope you'll enjoy the device as much as I know I will.

EDIT!!!: I forgot the most important part to my post and I'm sure everyone will agree with this, I will not be required to extend or renew my contract, my original contract start date is still the same!
    Last edited by gordonzhao; 08-07-11 at 11:21 PM.
    BBxpress, Maliberti, abass and 1 others like this.
    08-07-11 11:17 PM
    is there any chance of you getting me one for that price Gordon?

08-07-11 11:27 PM
    @Dayvid

Generally I would read through a thread like this and not bother to reply because....(let's just consider it me being lazy).

I'm going to school you here, in the most sincere fashion I can since I don't enjoy being rude.

Sure, it seemed as if you were trying to justify your point which was cool, initially that is. Then you went and "double posted" (9 times) and in the process you were just an audacious p***k. Here's why:

Post 42, I believe you said Britnasty is back after trolling, so what. Her "2nd" post didn't offend you in any way did it? (Britnasty: I didn't delete my comment, someone else deleted it.") Then you reiterated that fact that you got the phone for $199, in very childish tone. Now keep in mind how you tell everyone to take a psychology course. (I'll get back to this).

Post 43, you believe that you got the phone for less than everyone else. ($199) which you are forgetting the fact that it isn't released yet and no pricing is confirmed until it is either on the website or at the store for that matter. You: "that means I got it for less than most of you will. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about that! " Again childish tone, and you basically called everyone else a dumbass (in a slightly less demeaning way, but still offense).

Post 45, Pre-ordering so you can get it for $100 less? Why don't you have them notate your account and you'll pay them the day of the phone release. And you'll get your promised price if you are such a "valued" "special" customer, which every term you perfer.

Post 46, Your childish tone and mentality stands out here the most so far. "Are you serious, that's pennies....get a life!" This is the point where I suspect you're 16, have never worked a day in your life nor know the value of money. Now back to your "psychology" course comment, have you heard of philosophy? It seems as if you should take some. I'm going to give you a free session in philosophy here. (BTW BBThemes, great saying!) Dayvid, have you heard of the saying, "save a penny earn a penny." The two sayings hold a similar intent, meaning if you save your pennies they'll add up to pounds, or in the US, dollars. Or should I put BBThemes's saying in a layman's terms for you? "Look after the pennies and the dollars will look after themselves." Now here's an after school special for you, "Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Figure that one out.

Post 47, A supervisor quoted you, did you record the call so you can use that as reference? In case you want to quote him because everyone else gets it for $199 and you want the real $100 so you get it for $99?? But technically the supervisor is correct, $299 on release which sounds right, without the rebates that are given to all full upgrades/new contracts. So he could have bent the truth or left that detail out, told you it would be $299, extend your contract, take off $100 which would be taken off as if any other customer were to buy it with a full upgrade/new contract. I don't think Maliberti would agree with you that "it sucks to be him." Have you been in his shoes? Knows how his life is? (My apologies, Maliberti if you're a girl).

Post 48, That post didn't make much sense. Are you trying to rub it in that you got $100 but also getting the phone later? Of course someone who gets the phone prior to official release will expect to pay more. He also gets more time to play with it and before you. But of course that all comes down to whether the person wants to pay the extra monies for the phone to get it earlier than YOU!

Post 49, You just used that same childish tone to call someone an *****. Joju was trying to help you by seeing if they include the $50 mail in rebate so you get a better deal. The point being, your "$199" minus another $50 rebate so it would actually be $149. READ and THINK.

Post 50, sure, there are "haters" but why are you stooping to their level? They're not really trolling, they just feel that you didn't get a deal, which I'm sure could have been expressed in a better way. Don't get me wrong, I'm not standing up for the way they expressed their feelings but I have no control over that. So fair enough.

Post 52, (Just for ****s and giggles) It's "withdraw." Since you're taking an action (verb). (Feel free to correct me English professors, English wasn't a strong suit in school for me).

Now, here's the kicker! You're getting this phone for $199, walk with me here, you're forgetting the tax, "do the math" on that and you're really getting it for more than $199 (shocked look on my face). I think everyone will agree whether or not you scored a deal when everything is finalized (prices) on paper, in store, etc. Then comes to the part of having TMO ship the phone to you, which I believe they will ship it on the 31st, the rumored/confirmed release date to date. So you're actually going to get it later than people who go into the store to get it. Here's the best part to my post here now, I will actually be receiving this device free of charge from TMO! So how you enjoyed saying you got it for less than everyone else (I believe in some of your posts you said "most") I just want you to know, someone will get it for free. Which I believe is far better deal than "$199." Whether they ship it to me the day of the 31st or allow me to pick it up in store on the release day, I think I received the better deal. But don't get me wrong, I'm not gloating or trying to put you down, I just wanted to throw that out there for you.

But again, we'll all know if you received a deal on the release date. I hope you'll enjoy the device as much as I know I will.

EDIT!!!: I forgot the most important part to my post and I'm sure everyone will agree with this, I will not be required to extend or renew my contract, my original contract start date is still the same!

While I believe this thread was useless from the start, I predict it's going to get worse now. But I'm glad someone pointed it out. For now I am going to sit back and see where this goes and ignoring the inevitable response that I predict will come.

And for what it's worth, my old coworker at tmobile has said that the leaked price point is not correct and that you were lied to to basically make a sale and extend your contract...IF what you're saying is true. And he seems to think it is not since the Bold is nowhere in the database at the moment. This is a perfect example of a sales tactic I was taught. Seems you fell for it hook, line and sinker.

But I am a "hater" though so...
    gordonzhao and BBxpress like this.
    08-07-11 11:35 PM
    is there any chance of you getting me one for that price Gordon?

If only I could Scrid! Went through 3 9780's and currently I'm using my MT4G since the Bold was acting up to the point where I couldn't efficiently use it, so I am promised a new one as soon as it is released. And I've seen you on the forums here a lot, good work, keep it up!

While I believe this thread was useless from the start, I predict it's going to get worse now. But I'm glad someone pointed it out. For now I am going to sit back and see where this goes and ignoring the inevitable response that I predict will come.

And for what it's worth, my old coworker at tmobile has said that the leaked price point is not correct and that you were lied to to basically make a sale and extend your contract...IF what you're saying is true. And he seems to think it is not since the Bold is nowhere in the database at the moment. This is a perfect example of a sales tactic I was taught. Seems you fell for it hook, line and sinker.

But I am a "hater" though so...
    Thanks. What's the "inevitable response?" I'm dying to know! =]
    08-07-11 11:44 PM
    So how are you going to like it in 3 months when ATT takes over T-Mobile's towers and you get EDGE data speeds? You couldn't give me a T-Mobile phone right now and I've been with them for 8 years.
    08-07-11 11:46 PM
    So how are you going to like it in 3 months when ATT takes over T-Mobile's towers and you get EDGE data speeds? You couldn't give me a T-Mobile phone right now and I've been with them for 8 years.
    Then AT&T will have to give me a new 9900 that works on their "4G." Win/win.

Let's say everything goes accordingly to the merger, there is no way AT&T will cut TMO's 3G/4G internet services and force everyone to use EDGE. If they do, they will be issuing all new phones and that's going to be a "bit of a dent" in their wallet. And I'll entertain your idea there for a minute, do you know the mass amounts of riots that will happen if AT&T did that? Do you know how many customers they will lose because of that? That will pretty much give VZW back the title for largest population of customers (which is kind of what the "merger" is partially about, a **** measuring contest so to speak) No offense, but what I'm trying to say is think logically.

EDIT: Just because they own the towers doesn't mean they're going to change those 3G/4G towers to AT&T's frequency. I'd imagine they'll enable AT&T customers to also "roam" but not really roaming, on those TMO towers (GSM) and vice versa. So that means more coverage, as far as the 3G/4G part goes, I wouldn't be able to think what AT&T plans on merging the two different frequencies or possibly they'll slowly phase out TMO's frequency in the states or again, vice versa, depending on which works better. But definitely in the short run I wouldn't worry about loosing 3G/4G access on TMO. But feel free to jump over to AT&T if you suspect it will become an issue for you.
    Last edited by gordonzhao; 08-07-11 at 11:59 PM.
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-07-11 11:55 PM
    Case in point - I am with AT&T and a Premier customer - as such I get an upgrade every year versus every two years like other customers,
    WoW! Talk about "special". And for your carrier you list: A suck+suck?
    just sayin' . But at least your a Premier customer of a company that you insinuate sucks.
    08-08-11 12:02 AM

Let's say everything goes accordingly to the merger, there is no way AT&T will cut TMO's 3G/4G internet services and force everyone to use EDGE. If they do, they will be issuing all new phones and that's going to be a "bit of a dent" in their wallet. And I'll entertain your idea there for a minute, do you know the mass amounts of riots that will happen if AT&T did that? Do you know how many customers they will lose because of that? That will pretty much give VZW back the title for largest population of customers (which is kind of what the "merger" is partially about, a **** measuring contest so to speak) No offense, but what I'm trying to say is think logically.

EDIT: Just because they own the towers doesn't mean they're going to change those 3G/4G towers to AT&T's frequency. I'd imagine they'll enable AT&T customers to also "roam" but not really roaming, on those TMO towers (GSM) and vice versa. So that means more coverage, as far as the 3G/4G part goes, I wouldn't be able to think what AT&T plans on merging the two different frequencies or possibly they'll slowly phase out TMO's frequency in the states or again, vice versa, depending on which works better. But definitely in the short run I wouldn't worry about loosing 3G/4G access on TMO. But feel free to jump over to AT&T if you suspect it will become an issue for you.
    This is very well said and I couldn't agree more.

BBxpress and gordonzhao like this.
    08-08-11 12:03 AM
    Could someone please explain to me why everyone here has to be such a d-bag? The OP is obviously happy with his contract with t-mobile so I don't know why anyone would be giving him a hard time about extending his contract that he likes, secondly the OP is excited about for sure having a 9900 in the near future and wanted to share that news with the CB community. So everyone please relax a little, I know tensions are running high because everyone wants to get a new phone, but come on people.
    08-08-11 12:04 AM
    @Dayvid

You're so lazy you posted a reply longer than the entire thread...

tl;dr

OMG, the T-Mobile logo is so much bigger than the ATT logo. The OP failed by buying the T-Mo model... I hear the packaging won't be as nice as the other carriers... FAIL... T-Mo merging with ATT is going to sentence all current TMo customers to 2G service...

Wow, all the guy did was pre-order a phone...
    08-08-11 12:12 AM
    Could someone please explain to me why everyone here has to be such a d-bag? The OP is obviously happy with his contract with t-mobile so I don't know why anyone would be giving him a hard time about extending his contract that he likes, secondly the OP is excited about for sure having a 9900 in the near future and wanted to share that news with the CB community. So everyone please relax a little, I know tensions are running high because everyone wants to get a new phone, but come on people.
    If you read my post I clearly stated I didn't stand for those who were being offensive to the OP, sure I'm happy for him he was able to pre-order his device. What I didn't appreciate was the fact he was being a snob. Yes, there were some that weren't too polite to him, but he could be the bigger person.

You're so lazy you posted a reply longer than the entire thread...

tl;dr

OMG, the T-Mobile logo is so much bigger than the ATT logo. The OP failed by buying the T-Mo model... I hear the packaging won't be as nice as the other carriers... FAIL... T-Mo merging with ATT is going to sentence all current TMo customers to 2G service...

Wow, all the guy did was pre-order a phone...
    I was trying not to insult the OP by saying something else, which is why I chose to some what "take the blame." But yes, generally I read through some of the forums and figured it's not worth the trouble to post a reply. If I was at home, the chances are I wouldn't have bothered, but I'm actually on a weekend trip in Canada and sitting in the hotel room. Not much else to do.

Maybe the OP thought the TMO logo looks better? ; ) And the CS for the most part is better than AT&T in my opinion, speaking from first hand experience of course. And are you saying TMO and the AT&T merger will cause TMO customers to be on EDGE? Or was that a mockery? Your sarcasm is a bit difficult to understand with all the "..."

EDIT: @Scionic I retract the "And are you saying TMO and the AT&T merger will cause TMO customers to be on EDGE? Or was that a mockery? Your sarcasm is a bit difficult to understand with all the "..."" I had to reread your statement there, you're referring to the other guy's post, which I didn't know if he was talking to the OP or me, but I felt maybe explaining my view to him would be helpful.
    Last edited by gordonzhao; 08-08-11 at 12:30 AM.
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-08-11 12:27 AM
    It'd be funny if they sent him a 9780 on the 31st. Just saying.
    BBxpress and anon(52425) like this.
    08-08-11 12:46 AM
    I can't believe I just read through everything. It was a quite interesting read.
    anon(52425) likes this.
    08-08-11 01:24 AM
    It'd be funny if they sent him a 9780 on the 31st. Just saying.
    That would suck, but I doubt it would happen, unless the supervisor just said "Bold" and didn't specify which one but I think he would have caught that.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-08-11 01:29 AM
    Wow!.........there are some major ****** bags on this thread.....get a life!
    08-08-11 04:56 AM
    So tell me....why would this "supervisor" allow you to pre-order a device and "give" it to you for a hundred buck less than other people will get (as you claim) when it's released? Your "status"? I don't think so. Just wait until it's released and you'll see the deal you really got. It doesn't matter what the price is now.....what matters is what the price people will pay when released.
    Don't know how true his statement is but i can attest to the fact that Tmobile USA gives bizzare deals to customers that have longstanding accounts in good standing.
    08-08-11 08:27 AM
    Take a deep breath people. In through the nose, and out through the mouth. Then get back on topic, and stay there. No need to make this personal at all.

Thank you
    08-08-11 08:57 AM
    Take a deep breath people. In through the nose, and out through the mouth. Then get back on topic, and stay there. No need to make this personal at all.

Thank you
    I usually breathe through my nose, I don't open my mouth to breathe under normal circumstances. ; )

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    08-08-11 09:06 AM

Actually, it will probably go down like it always does.

When AT&T bought out Cingular, they told Cingular customers: "Your phone will not work on AT&T. You must buy an AT&T phone."

When Verizon bought Unicel, they told Unicel customers: "Your phone will not work on Verizon. You must buy a Verizon phone."

I hope to God that the merger doesn't go through. I love T-Mobile. I have no interest in being with AT&T. But at least if the T-Mobile 3G does get cut, it won't affect me. The nearest 3G signal on any carrier is a 100 mile drive from where I live.
    08-08-11 12:55 PM
90 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD