This is insane. What a lack of customer care at T-mobile.

I am off contract but on T-Mobile's Even More Plus paying 79.99/mo for 5GB data cap.

Besides paying 599 with taxes and staying off the contract, the only option to get the BB 9900 that this insane carrier is offering me is to get a two year contract for same price and pay full price for the phone, but with the option of paying 399.99 + taxes up front plus 300.00 in 20 monthly payments.
    They offer no discount, no rebate, no retention.

The Customer NON-CARE at TM simply said take it or leave it. We cannot do anything more for you. It is how our plan works. If you are not happy, go to another carrier. Or you can get a new line and lose your old number. That is how you call caring for your customers!!

I wish there was someone with T-mobile who can keep me staying with T-mobile. Even if I knew the President of the company, I am not sure if this carrier could help me get the BB990. This is the worse I have ever been treated by a carrier.

Besides they believe that BB will be out of business next year. Why do you want that phone they said, as they thought I was insane from not wanting an Android.

Same story at the store. The BB was not even connected to the internet.

Not sure what to do. Any advice?
    09-02-11 07:40 PM
    all that take it or leave it stemming from tmobile is probably because of the merger talks with at&t taking place.at&t will do everything for the merger to take place even if the us government does not.tmobile is going to direct that anger towards their customers.i myself would never pay that amount if i was tmobile.but im happy im not.im just waiting for my carrier at&t to get their act together and give me what i want.by the way where did the thread kevin created about picketing at&t on sept 15 go?i have been trying to find it.
    Last edited by chetan1285; 09-02-11 at 07:52 PM.
    09-02-11 07:45 PM
    This is the way that T-Mo has always advertised the Even More Plus. I don't believe they allow you to go to a contract and get a discount.

If you have a small business they offer a $44.99 plan with $100 rebate on BB 9930

Small Business Cell Phone Deals | T-Mobile
    09-02-11 07:55 PM
    I think as time goes by more and more carriers will subsidize less on the cost of a device. With unlimited no contract plans gaining speed paying full price will become the norm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 08:07 PM

I am off contract but on T-Mobile's Even More Plus paying 79.99/mo for 5GB data cap.

Besides paying 599 with taxes and staying off the contract, the only option to get the BB 9900 that this insane carrier is offering me is to get a two year contract for same price and pay full price for the phone, but with the option of paying 399.99 + taxes up front plus 300.00 in 20 monthly payments.

The Customer NON-CARE at TM simply said take it or leave it. We cannot do anything more for you. It is how our plan works. If you are not happy, go to another carrier. Or you can get a new line and lose your old number. That is how you call caring for your customers!!

I wish there was someone with T-mobile who can keep me staying with T-mobile. Even if I knew the President of the company, I am not sure if this carrier could help me get the BB990. This is the worse I have ever been treated by a carrier.

Besides they believe that BB will be out of business next year. Why do you want that phone they said, as they thought I was insane from not wanting an Android.

If it's really that important to you, then here's what you can do to keep your
    number.

-Open your new line on TMO and get the phone and plan you want.

-On your old number, go to another carrier and port it out. You have 14 or 30
    days to cancel (depending where you live) without a termination fee. Rembember
    you're porting it out because your contract on that line is over anyway. So it
    won't give you a cancellation fee on the TMO end.

-During that time period, port your old number back to TMO on your new line.

-Take whatever equipment back to the store and get your money back. Even
    if you have to open a line with a free phone, do it.

A hassle. But if it means that much to you, then just go about it that way and
    get around Tmo's elitism. Keeping your old number active and having control
    over it is what is key here.
    09-02-11 08:16 PM
    The advantage to T-Mobile's plans are that you pay for the device in full but get a significantly cheaper bill. Family plans for example are $40 for unlimited talk and text for the first two lines for a total of $80. Then you have the option of adding data of 2g for $10 per line. Heck, I can't even get one line of unlimited talk and text as well as 2g of data from Verizon for that (it is $120). However, since I am grandfathered in on Verizon, I hate changing.

The problem I have with T-Mobile is that in my area there is no 3G. There is a local airforce base that prevents them from accessing that frequency.... or so that is what they say.
    09-02-11 08:18 PM
    What does all of this have to do with the 9900? This post belongs in the carrier section.
    09-02-11 08:21 PM
    This is exactly why I just left tmo and went with sprint.. got my 9930 for 169.99 and after I b!tched a little got 15% discount from Letstalk.com.. Its on its way here and will arrive tuesday.
    09-02-11 08:25 PM

That is weird. I had the EM+ 500 minute plan at $59.99 a month. They offered me the equivalent plan at the value rate of $49.99 a month with $299 down for the phone, plus tax and the other $300 paid off at $15 a month for 20 months. The bottom line is it is $240 cheaper than staying on my off contract plan and buying the.phone outright. It is also about $1,000 less than a $250 phone and verizon rate plans over two years. Anyway, I have no idea why they want to charge you an extra $100 for the phone. That sucks.
    09-02-11 08:27 PM
    With T-Mobile you save on the plan but you pay for the phone. I pay $39.99 for 1,000 minutes + unlimited text + unlimited data. So I save perhaps $40 per month ($480 per year) but I have to pay full price for the phone. The choice is yours, but I prefer it this way.
    09-02-11 08:29 PM
    With T-Mobile you save on the plan but you pay for the phone. I pay $39.99 for 1,000 minutes + unlimited text + unlimited data. So I save perhaps $40 per month ($480 per year) but I have to pay full price for the phone. The choice is yours, but I prefer it this way.
    This is well said. So many folks are hung up with where cost is allocated, they are focused on being offended to the cost of the phone but ignoring the cost of the plan. I have said it before but the cumulative cost of phone and plan over two years is generally $1,000 less on TMO than Verizon or Ma Bell. A dollar is a dollar...if you pay one vendor $3,000 for a phone and service over two years and the other $2,000...why would you care how the vendor charging $2,000 allocates your cost?
    09-02-11 08:40 PM
    Just wondering since I'm in Canada (they might do things differently here) why you would expect them to give you a discount on the phone anyway. You are trying to buy a phone that's about 1 month old without signing a new contract. Are you a long time customer? I'm very curious.
    09-02-11 09:10 PM
    I am with tmobile as well and my experience was way different. I got my upgrade to 9900 a month and a half early. To do it I had to call customer care and ask them to notate the authorization to do that on my account, they were very friendly about the process though. They made a big deal over the years Ive been with them but I think that was just **** kissin so Ill stay longer! haha
    09-02-11 09:12 PM
    T-Mobile is great. However, the new BB Bold 9900 is insanely over priced. Perhaps they know the die hard BB fans will shell out the money for a powerful device that should have been released by RIM as soon as the iPhone came out a few years ago. Instead they are releasing this BB now in 2011.

Anyways, if you were on contract and renewed for another 2 years, you would have gotten the phone for 300.00 flat with a 50.00 mail in rebate. T-Mobile has several new plans and one of them is the NEW 49.99 unlimited everything. However, you must pay 300.00 for the device upfront and then the remaining 300.00 will be billed at 10.00 extra on each of your monthly bills till the remaining 300 is paid off which would total the device's full retail value of 600.00.

Since T-Mobile is offering you that option, shouldnt your new monthly plan be 49.99 unlimited everything? That is the trade off. SInce you are off contract, you can't get a new 2 year renewal and get the device for 300.00. I am on contract and eligible for a 2 year upgrade so they gave me the device at 300.00 FLAT with a mail in rebate and i dont have to pay that other 300.00 over the course of 22 payments. I guess there are some perks to being a contract customer.

Plus, since you are OFF CONTRACT, shouldnt ur monthly plan be way less than the 79.99 plan you have now with 5GB of data?
    09-02-11 09:37 PM
    Is changing your number REALLY that big of a deal? As soon as a good deal pops up on the internets I'm calling T-Mo up & closing my account.
    09-02-11 10:04 PM
    The only reason carriers subsidize phones is to lock you into contracts. Are you saying that you think that T-Mobile should give you a subsidized price and/or discount, but let you stay off contract? No carrier will do that, at least none that I have heard of. Their pricing is already the lowest around and their future is uncertain at the moment. If you want to stay off contract pay full price.
    grover5 likes this.
    09-02-11 10:10 PM
    Where do I start! It started at the store.....went in and sales reo tells me I am paying to much for my plan....I asked her please don't touch it leave it alone I am fine. She talks me into changing it and all I wanted to do is get a new blackberry since my 8900 has been having some very serious issues....anyway she states with my full upgrade and 25.00 customer appreciation voucher I can walk out with the 9900 for just under 300 not including the rebate.... I say kewl so I am playing with the demo and I fall in.love with it...anyway she says OK all done with the three lines I will have the same thing other than I will be paying 25.00 bucks a month less so I say thanks kewl....we start to get the phone and after she scans it in and does her stuff she says wow it not letting it it gonna be 400 so I say its OK I'll just get with customer service since they told me they would replace my 8900 considering after spending a whole Sunday to get it to work again and it was going to have same issues...anyway she gets the store sup and he states that is the price for the phone and blah blah blah, but what upset me is he states that I should buy it considering my 8900 is an outdated junk and I was not over paying for the phone and in a round about way that I was a cheapskate for not buying the 9900... I got real *******pissed and walked out. Anyway following morning the 8900 done what it had been doin losing my contacts for a few hours and then mail and then txt messages....so I get on the phone to get the 8900 replaced and then they say well were sorry but we don't have any more and that I would have to settle for the next best thing an 8500 that the camera was of lesser quality and no flash I got even more upset then they sent me to a different rep, and ended up explainin the whole thing then to another rep by then I was frustrated ans ended up hanging up. So poed I got back on the phone and decided I was going to just port over all numbers to sprint or Verizon since through my job I can get a small discount on services or my wife who her job gets a discount with verizon--when I started that process they imidiatley sent me to a retention sup that for a 2yr contract they gave me the 9900 for free all I had to pay for was shipping and taxes... well after all that there is more going back to when they changed my plan they removed the data side to mynwifes phone and throttled my data on my bb line and also on my g1 phone... boy I WA so mad when I told the clerk please don't mess with my plan it works it meets my needs anyway after getting back on the phone to get my.wife's data side to work they killed the service on the g1.... Man this was a nightmare anyway they finally got everything back working last night and theycredited my account for another 4 months but this was a nightmare if it wasn't that I have been with them since they were voice stream andin the past have always taken care of me and back datd previous plans that I had gone over in minutes on data and voice and txts I would of cancelled and gone somewhere else I will say that everywhere else my planwould be about 60 bucks more a month.....boy and there is still a lot more to the whole thing anyways it was a nightmare i would of settled for the 9780 from the get go for the replacement of the 8900but they had to mess up my plan kill services to my phones and some kid call me a cheapskate...all along just say sorry we no longer stock that model but we will have to settle and send you the next best thing not send me a lesser model
    09-02-11 10:30 PM
    Same thing they told me, that's why I just brought it & never looked back.
    09-02-11 10:43 PM
    My two pesos...why stick to TMO? Seriously their coverage area is abysmal and their once legendary customer care has gone out the door. If you are not under contract I guess I don't understand why you or anyone else would stick it out with them.
    09-04-11 06:05 PM
    Im curious why you are surprised by this?

Ive had even more plus since it has came out , and its always been that you have to pay full price for the phone. You CAN NOT go on a reg contract plan. They allowed you to for a few months before the value and classic plans , but now you cant again. Im sure this will change in the future.

Even so , I pay 59.99 for unlimited everything , and no contract. I live in NYC so I get fine coverage with tmobile. The price alone would cost double to go on verizon or att for what I have.

I was even thinking about jumping to the value plan cuz i dont feel like paying fullprice upfront , but I dont want a contract at the moment.

If you dont want to stay with tmobile, then dont. Simple

In reality, pay what new customers will pay upfront, then pay the extra 15 a month till its paid off. Thats your only choice. Id wait though , because the price will drop in a month or 2.
    09-04-11 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD