Has anyone that has been running 7.1.0.74 and using the Mobile Hotspot been charged for any teathering data yet on AT&T? I have been watching mine closely and have not seen any charges. I do have the $30 grandfathered unlimited data plan. Maybe because it has not been officially released yet, they are not charging for it?
    12-20-11 01:01 PM
    I have been using the 7.1 Hotspot with AT&T and haven't gotten any new charges for using it.
    12-20-11 04:33 PM
    i really want to switch to 7.1 but i have unlimited with at&t and dont want to lose it.
    12-20-11 05:20 PM
    i really want to switch to 7.1 but i have unlimited with at&t and dont want to lose it.

How are you guys able to use it?

I have verizon and I get led to a verizon web page for signing up for a hotspot plan.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-20-11 05:23 PM
    How are you guys able to use it?

I have verizon and I get led to a verizon web page for signing up for a hotspot plan.

BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    i havent tried it yet because im scared to lose my unlimited plan
    12-20-11 05:26 PM
    Why would you lose your unlimited data plan? I have one and I have been using the Hotspot without issue on AT&T.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-20-11 05:40 PM
    Why would you lose your unlimited data plan? I have one and I have been using the Hotspot without issue on AT&T.
    how are you using it? i was able to use it for about a month and then it stopped working. i get this message now when i try to turn it on: to use this feature contact your wireless service provider and subscribe to a mobile hotspot data plan.

so how is it that you are able to use this?
    12-31-11 08:03 PM
    I believe that AT&T just got wise and disabled it.
    01-01-12 09:10 PM
    how are you using it? i was able to use it for about a month and then it stopped working. i get this message now when i try to turn it on: to use this feature contact your wireless service provider and subscribe to a mobile hotspot data plan.

so how is it that you are able to use this?
    You probably used it too much, and the carrier so how much you're using it and saw you were getting it for free and now they're sending you the message to subscribe to it.
    01-02-12 07:50 AM
    You probably used it too much, and the carrier so how much you're using it and saw you were getting it for free and now they're sending you the message to subscribe to it.
    Nah, I used it once for a very short time, and now I get the same message.
    01-02-12 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD