I'm using 7.0.0 Bundle 2406 and mine is upto date... apparently...
    02-07-12 02:17 AM
    Did anyone notice that Postcast are no longer listed under the Social Feeds app??? Lame. . .
    02-07-12 04:03 AM
    Folks! just compared the About Device Versions on the original screenshot posted in crackberry with the About screen on leaked version installed on my phone...
    noted the following diff:
    Branding Version on official: 1.0.107.268p
    Branding Version on Leaked:1.0.99.440x

Could anyone please explain the difference...

I mean is it an upgrade or just a branding difference
    02-07-12 04:52 AM
    I am using the older .74 leak because it allows me to use mobile hotspot without having to pay for a tether fee (and doesn't direct me to pay a fee when I activate it either). I don't know if that is a bug in .74 or I got lucky, but I've been afraid to update since that leak.

Since this is an "official" t-mobile release now, are you guys able to use hotspot without an add'l tether add-on service fee?
    02-07-12 04:55 AM
    please post download link for non t-mobile costumers as we're drooling for this OS since ages. thank u
    02-07-12 05:04 AM
    please post download link for non t-mobile costumers as we're drooling for this OS since ages. thank u
    You can't be drooling that much. .205 has been available on the Leaked forum for 3 weeks !!!!!

There are working links in the thread.
    02-07-12 05:44 AM
    Yeah, i am getting a 'request failed use DM to download 7.1' message when trying to update via my phone. I am soooo bummed. I really wanted 7.1 tonight! I have the 9900 on T-Mobile.
    same here since 5am est this morning
    02-07-12 05:54 AM
    The OTA keeps asking me to try later or use DM message. On DM I'm also getting request failed. Called Tmobile and ask them why I keep getting the OTA message and the rep said it not on there website, OS 7.1 not ready and RIM sent the OS to the phone. Wtf? Smh! Then why is it in "options" under "device" and not on the T-mobile site? Waiting for the Official official release.
    02-07-12 06:33 AM
    Folks! just compared the About Device Versions on the original screenshot posted in crackberry with the About screen on leaked version installed on my phone...
    noted the following diff:
    Branding Version on official: 1.0.107.268p
    Branding Version on Leaked:1.0.99.440x

Could anyone please explain the difference...

I mean is it an upgrade or just a branding difference
    Bing

How can you have a smartphone and not know how to search? So many snarks.

Maybe you could try one of the "Leaked Links" so you can actually download it. LMAO
    Last edited by olblueyez; 02-07-12 at 06:56 AM.
    tdleon likes this.
    02-07-12 06:49 AM
    One answer, two words: bugs & security. If you look at the forums, people always post bugs and problems with leaked software. I also don't like the idea of installing code that's been leaked to my phone, which is the most sensitive thing i have in terms of personal information. It's very simply why me and many other people don't trust leaks and would rather wait it out...
    Another two here wrong, paranoid?
    02-07-12 07:26 AM
    I am now going to demonstrate the difference between official and leaked.

"Official"

"Good things come to those who wait", funny, tell it to Wall Street.
    You Just crack me up
    02-07-12 07:27 AM
    Day by day, I wish I had made a better choice choosing my carrier. This is ridiculous.
    Doesn't matter you can still load the same OS with every carrier you want to, why is soooo hard to understand?

02-07-12 07:32 AM
    ALBERTINIK, not everyone has an I.T. degree so nobody wants to be fiddling around with files or vendor XL, and deleting things left and right. People rather just have a straight legal download.
    02-07-12 07:58 AM
    Anyways, 24 hours later and i am still getting the same message 'download via DM'. UGHHHH!!! Why release it in waves? They really need to cut the nonsense. I have no idea why my 9700 and 9780 have better wi-fi than the 9900. I feel like my 9900 will never have a solid wi-fi connection if it doesn't have UMA calling.
    02-07-12 08:00 AM
    ALBERTINIK, not everyone has an I.T. degree so nobody wants to be fiddling around with files or vendor XL, and deleting things left and right. People rather just have a straight legal download.
    get an itoy grip then it's easy..and full of apps to swap candies with friends
    02-07-12 08:04 AM
    If you are too scared to delete a Vendor.xml file then maybe you aren't ready for a Smart Phone anyway !!!

My 80 year old mother can install an OS from another carrier and I'm pretty sure that she hasn't got an IT degree .......
    pakleh likes this.
    02-07-12 08:20 AM
    If you are too scared to delete a Vendor.xml file then maybe you aren't ready for a Smart Phone anyway !!!

My 80 year old mother can install an OS from another carrier and I'm pretty sure that she hasn't got an IT degree .......
    Well I am scared of messing around with files so I will wait.v
    02-07-12 09:06 AM
    BE BOLD my friend
    02-07-12 09:15 AM
    The OTA keeps asking me to try later or use DM message. On DM I'm also getting request failed. Called Tmobile and ask them why I keep getting the OTA message and the rep said it not on there website, OS 7.1 not ready and RIM sent the OS to the phone. Wtf? Smh! Then why is it in "options" under "device" and not on the T-mobile site? Waiting for the Official official release.
    Yeah, ditto on that. I get the same errors and also called TMO and was told it isn't ready yet. the rep's best guess was a month....GROAN
    02-07-12 09:42 AM
    Does it "improve" voice dialing?
    02-07-12 09:51 AM

Legal Eagle, I used the link you shared in the leaked .205 thread. I installed it last night and there were no vendor.xml files to delete. I just downloaded it to my pc, and installed it. I just followed the prompts, that's it. Thanks, BTW.

Also, after installing it on my phone, I noticed a new app installed.It's called Tmobile Name ID which prompts you to save the number of the new caller. Also if the caller is not in your contacts yet, it also shows the city where the call is coming from.

Since this is a tmo app, did i after all install the official .205 from TMO?

BTW, this app is a subscription app for 3.99/mo. I have to call TMO later to verify whether i have mistakenly confirmed to have/subscribe to this app.
    02-07-12 10:25 AM
    Legal Eagle, I used the link you shared in the leaked .205 thread. I installed it last night and there were no vendor.xml files to delete. I just downloaded it to my pc, and installed it. I just followed the prompts, that's it. Thanks, BTW.

Also, after installing it on my phone, I noticed a new app installed.It's called Tmobile Name ID which prompts you to save the number of the new caller. Also if the caller is not in your contacts yet, it also shows the city where the call is coming from.

BTW, this app is a subscription app for 3.99/mo. I have to call TMO later to verify whether i have mistakenly confirmed to have/subscribe to this app.
    From reading this thread it doesn't seem that T Mobile has actually released 7.1 as yet, or at least if they have no one has reported successfully downloading it OTA and it hasn't hit anyones DM yet either.

This being the case I doubt if the OS you downloaded is the T Mobile release and would guess that the app you have noticed is a separate T Mobile update sent to you OTA.
    02-07-12 10:34 AM
    @kzeusr - Nope

@Ekilla - Nope
    02-07-12 10:39 AM
    Does it "improve" voice dialing?
    Probably.

No, the TMO Cequint cods were in both .190 and .205 leaked versions.
    tdleon likes this.
    02-07-12 10:53 AM
    The leaks are almost better in my opinion because you have access to the cod's unlike officials that aren't installed on to the computer and accessible. So is this t-mobile's way of further driving people to switch to a tethering plan?
    w.qaiser likes this.
    02-07-12 11:17 AM
138 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD