@Chaviv I have the same problem and then get an error that the server cannot provide me with an update. I need 7.1!
    02-06-12 08:19 PM
    What's the difference between downloading the new OS from my phone versus through DM? When connected to the DM, it says there is no update.
    02-06-12 08:33 PM
    Hi,

i have been trying all day to do the OTA update but continue to get an error

"The server is unable to provide an update for you at this time"

anyone know what thats about?
    02-06-12 08:55 PM
    I have the latest leak.. does this mean it will always say "up to date"? I'd rather go back to an official release cuz I've noticed a few bugs.
    The latest leak is often the most recent OS built compared to the official OS releases. Unless the official has a higher version number, I would stay with the leak. If the official has the same number as the leaked one, they are exactly the same.
    02-06-12 09:00 PM
    It is still telling me that my BlackBerry is up to date. I'm running 7.1.0.190, bundle 561.

I'm hoping Tmo will push it out to me soon...
    It's all over the web and you can download the leaked version, which would be identical to the released version.
    02-06-12 09:03 PM
    I've read in the comments section of the blog about this OS release that leaked OS's wont receive notification about this official version. Is this true?

Thanks.
    02-06-12 09:03 PM
    Ok, first, if T-Mobile had a different version it wouldn't be called 7.1.0.205.

Second, functionalitys like NFC & Hotspot are pushed to the phone with "Service Books"

Third, why do people pee their pants when it becomes "Official"? That just means it passed some testing.

Fourth, why not just install the leaks and skip the "waiting for nothing" process?

One answer, two words: bugs & security. If you look at the forums, people always post bugs and problems with leaked software. I also don't like the idea of installing code that's been leaked to my phone, which is the most sensitive thing i have in terms of personal information. It's very simply why me and many other people don't trust leaks and would rather wait it out...
    02-06-12 09:14 PM
    I've read in the comments section of the blog about this OS release that leaked OS's wont receive notification about this official version. Is this true?

Thanks.
    That's correct... you will only get a prompt for an OTA upgrade if you're currently running an official OS from your carrier.

I wouldn't recommend an OTA update anyway.
    sbx9900 likes this.
    02-06-12 09:16 PM
    Yeah, i am getting a 'request failed use DM to download 7.1' message when trying to update via my phone. I am soooo bummed. I really wanted 7.1 tonight! I have the 9900 on T-Mobile.
    02-06-12 09:38 PM
    Hi all,

I placed a call to T-MO BlackBerry support and spoke to a really sweet and knowledgeable rep. She said that the OTA update that began rolling out today will be pushed out to devices in waves, and that it will take a bit of time until it gets to all the devices.

I also want my official 7.1, but I'm willing to wait a bit longer until it gets pushed to me <or until I can get it manually by hitting software update>
    02-06-12 09:55 PM
    One answer, two words: bugs & security. If you look at the forums, people always post bugs and problems with leaked software. I also don't like the idea of installing code that's been leaked to my phone, which is the most sensitive thing i have in terms of personal information. It's very simply why me and many other people don't trust leaks and would rather wait it out...
    People post bugs and problems about everything. Security? Half the apps for these things might as well be a virus.
    02-06-12 10:02 PM
    Nobody has time 4 waves. People want 7.1 and they want it NOW!
    02-06-12 10:08 PM
    BBFan,

I agree with you...however, as I've always been told growing up ( and I try to hold by this as much as I can)...Good things come to those who wait....
    02-06-12 10:21 PM
    Does anyone know exactly why tmobile is holding back NFC?
    02-06-12 11:13 PM
    Does this Tmo official software update improve battery life?
    02-06-12 11:24 PM
    ROGERS (((((( COME ON
    02-06-12 11:49 PM
    I'm trying to upgrade OTA but it keeps saying "update request failed" but why? It says to try again later or use the desktop manger, but I ONLY want to do through OTA, should I just keep trying? Is it not working because many people are downloading at the moment?
    02-06-12 11:59 PM
    I'm trying to upgrade OTA but it keeps saying "update request failed" but why? It says to try again later or use the desktop manger, but I ONLY want to do through OTA, should I just keep trying? Is it not working because many people are downloading at the moment?
    I know OTA update are an option, but I would suggest you to never do it or try it again unless your were forced to if CDMA device. Hope you will understand before any trouble.

It is unsafe and not realible enough for me even to think about it
    02-07-12 12:30 AM
    Hi,

i have been trying all day to do the OTA update but continue to get an error

"The server is unable to provide an update for you at this time"

anyone know what thats about?
    I keep getting the same stupid error. I don't know what to do, help anyone?
    02-07-12 12:58 AM
    Downloading the leaked on the PC and still trying to get the OTA. . .whichever happens frist is the one I'm using. . .
    02-07-12 01:05 AM
    I am now going to demonstrate the difference between official and leaked.

"Official"

"Good things come to those who wait", funny, tell it to Wall Street.
    dosto likes this.
    02-07-12 01:08 AM
    Day by day, I wish I had made a better choice choosing my carrier. This is ridiculous.
    02-07-12 01:51 AM
    Does anyone know exactly why tmobile is holding back NFC?
    I also wonder why they would 'block' NFC functionality?
    02-07-12 01:54 AM
    wheres the voda uk loving? Still nothing from them at all
    02-07-12 02:03 AM
    wheres the voda uk loving? Still nothing from them at all
    A friend of mine was running the .205 leak for a while now (we're bot on Voda UK) but he had a few problems with it so he rolled back.
    - Browser often showed the egg-timer
    - Phone rebooted on its own a few times - I know that for a fact as it happened whilst he was on the phone to me
    02-07-12 02:06 AM
138 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD