Am I the only one waiting for t-mobile to drop they're prices on the bb 9900? :/, does anybody know if they'll ever do so ?
    02-03-12 07:03 PM
    Dude I'm waiting for that to happen as well, I mean I'm torn between buying a 9900 off of Ebay/Craigslist but I'm worried it will brick...

Let me rephrase that, i'm worried i'll get a 9900 that will brick and wont come back to life with a clean wipe and 7.1 os upload. I know it's kinda ridiculous to think like this but 9900's are going for 400+ on Ebay with no warranty, it might just make sense to buy it from Tmo...

I love my 9700 but damn it seems like everyone else had a 9900 and is having so much fun with them!
    02-04-12 12:53 PM
    I got tired of waiting and got it for $400 (off-contract) during their pre-Christmas sale. IMO, it's worth it, even at the $600, if it's the phone you really want. It's such a huge upgrade from the 9700 (and I loved my 9700). I don't have anything against ebay, but I would recommend getting it from TMO, just in case anything goes wrong, you can take it back/exchange/get it fixed.
    02-04-12 05:34 PM
    Im in the same boat. have a 9700 love it and not sure if i want to drop $300 for the 9900 when i can get many other phones for a lot less on Tmo. Doesn't seem right. Current BB owners should get an incentive to upgrade as recent data shows 90% or so of bb owners arent even on OS 7.
    02-04-12 05:42 PM
    Yeah, I'm waiting. There's a lot of other things I could buy with that money. It's a big bite to take...

Plus, my 9800 works great on its own. I mostly want the 9900 to improve my PlayBook experience.
    02-04-12 06:21 PM
    Even though I have AT&T i'm in the same boat as you guys

I posted a thread a few days back asking the same thing regarding AT&T dropping the price and I have to agree with the responses in that thread

Since the Bold 9900/9930 is RIM's flagship device, I don't see them or the carriers dropping the price anytime soon....i'm tempted to just wait on the BB10 devices, but the Bold has been calling me for awhile now and i'm ready to give in
    02-04-12 07:18 PM
    Man every time I think of going for it I question what I'm going to lose compared to my 9700...better baterry life, OS stability and camera. Is it really worth it? And I'm still running OS5.
    It would be nice to have a faster bridged PB experience but with OS2.0 coming out it may not really be an issue anymore.
    02-04-12 08:04 PM
    so you guys want to hear something totally ridiculous? So i walk into a Tmobile Store this afternoon and i ask the sales associate "Can i see the new blackberry bold". He replies "why do you want blackberry, there a failing company, switch to android". So i look at him and go "Im looking for the 9900, its the updated Bold". He then goes "why", i reply, "Im looking for an upgrade from my 9700 and i'm a bb user and need tools not toys". this goes on for 45 mins about why i should switch and how crazy i was for wanting an outdated phone. long store short...i will pay the 600 for the phone online buy the insurance. That was freaking crazy, i didnt even get a chance to use the phone...
    02-04-12 08:10 PM
    so you guys want to hear something totally ridiculous? So i walk into a Tmobile Store this afternoon and i ask the sales associate "Can i see the new blackberry bold". He replies "why do you want blackberry, there a failing company, switch to android". So i look at him and go "Im looking for the 9900, its the updated Bold". He then goes "why", i reply, "Im looking for an upgrade from my 9700 and i'm a bb user and need tools not toys". this goes on for 45 mins about why i should switch and how crazy i was for wanting an outdated phone. long store short...i will pay the 600 for the phone online buy the insurance. That was freaking crazy, i didnt even get a chance to use the phone...
    That happens all the time. Sales reps must get higher incentives to sell Android phones compared to BlackBerry phones.
    bjw408h likes this.
    02-04-12 08:27 PM
    That happens all the time. Sales reps must get higher incentives to sell Android phones compared to BlackBerry phones.
    I totally understand that but why talk your way out of a sale? I sincerely hope they drop the price but I just cant believe he did that. I'm in sales and i never bash a competitor,thats just tasteless.

Moving on, Would it be feasible to think Blackberry would drop the price of the 9900? I did over hear the manager say they were discontinuing the 9810 for Tmobile? So maybe a reduction in the 9900's price?
    02-04-12 09:16 PM
    I may be wrong but since the price of the BB and Android plans are the same and I understand the carriers have to pay RIM each month for BB access, therefore the carriers are making more off of Android than BB. That is why they push Android over BB.
    02-04-12 09:22 PM
    Carriers kick RIM a piece of the data plan because RIM minimizes bandwidth usage (at our expense). It is likely the carriers pay slightly less than what this is worth to them. The implication being the sales reps you guys are extrapolating into a carrier level vendetta are just personally biased.
    02-04-12 10:00 PM
    i was waiting for a price drop but i couldn't handle the constant reboots on my 9700. i went to bestbuy and upgraded for 249 and i'm financing it with zero percent interest for 6 months. ha call me weird but hey why not! I also sold my 9700 for 168 on ebay used haha.
    02-04-12 10:18 PM
    Not to mention I will lose UMA if I give up my 9700...
    02-04-12 10:36 PM
    i'm running 7.1 so i have uma
    02-04-12 10:37 PM
    Are you running a leak or Tmo beta?
    02-04-12 10:48 PM
    right now tmo beta, before was a leak
    02-04-12 10:51 PM
    Good to know. If UMA is officially released by Tmo I might come on board but I'm really loving my 9700 after 2yrs. Dang can't believe its been that long...
    02-04-12 10:58 PM
    Just get it from Costco's online wireless site http://www.membershipwireless.com for $149. That's where I got mine from back in November and I'm not a member of Costco. I just checked the site right now and its still at $149.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-05-12 02:39 AM
    Just so you are clear, it is not UMA as on the 9700. The 9900 does not have the UMA chipset built in. The 9900 employs wifi calling. Difference is on the 9900 if you are using Wifi calling while at your home, on your home network, then get in your car and drive off, dropping off your wifi network, you lose your call.

On the 9700 which has UMA you could leave your house, get in your car, drop your wifi network, then the call would be handed off to your cellular network provider. It was seamless and no loss of call.

I don't think it's a huge deal, but just be aware.
    Last edited by zipped; 02-05-12 at 02:23 PM.
    bjw408h likes this.
    02-05-12 02:21 PM
    Does it still allow bbms and email to come through?
    02-05-12 02:59 PM
    as long as you have a wi-fi signal, your BB will connect to BIS over wifi. Once you move away, it will connect through to a cell tower. Either way, you will lose the call if you are on wifi calling and move away from your wifi signal.
    02-05-12 06:26 PM
    Ya I'm more curious about using UMA when I'm overseas to connect to BIS and the cell network. I can use my 9700 on wifi overseas like I was back home in the US.
    02-05-12 09:53 PM
    It would rock if windmobile could have UMA.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    02-05-12 10:17 PM
    Yes with "wifi calling" all your data is just like UMA, no charges. It's like you were on a home network in the States. Nice to save a lot of money overseas. I go to Hong Kong and it saves a good penny.
    02-07-12 02:43 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD