This really doesn't seem like an intentional delay to me, seems like AT&T is doing their job. Not sure what everyone is getting all excited about.

I came back to AT&T from Verizon (wife thought the grass was greener there). I left because i had a store manager lie to me in an effort to sign me up for an increased monthly minute plan (claimed i went over my minutes, i never did). I'm more than happy paying less a month for equivalent service AND not having to hassle around when the wife travels overseas.
    08-09-11 12:13 PM
    October/November release date is quite depressing..

I was thinking of dumping my iPhone 4 and returning back to BB for the 9900 but I'll be hard pressed if iPhone 5 is out before 9900...
    08-09-11 04:22 PM
    Forget the 9810... The 9900 unboxing gave me a chubby... Omg ATT you suck, release it now! I may have to buy out right and trade my wife in lol.
    08-09-11 06:15 PM
    October/November release date is quite depressing..

I was thinking of dumping my iPhone 4 and returning back to BB for the 9900 but I'll be hard pressed if iPhone 5 is out before 9900...
    And if RIM wants any shot of sales success with this device, they better hope
    and pray that the carriers would release it before the iPhone 5 comes out.
    08-09-11 08:01 PM
    lol. At this point i think most people know that bberry die hards will be the only ones getting the new devices from the get go. I like the 9810 but honestly makes no sense to give this device a 3 month headstart, specially when competing with the other carriers for these kind of customers. If there's any kind of hype out there besides the cb community, it is for the 9900.

I don't know who the head of marketing at at&t is but a monkey can do his job.
    For real BB diehards, there is only one true BB, the 9900. Otherwise, what's the point.
    Crucial_Xtreme likes this.
    08-09-11 08:07 PM
    It's **** like this AT&T... If the 9900 isn't coming out until October-November, I might as well just save my upgrade and wait another couple months for the QNX phone.
    08-09-11 08:12 PM
    summer is almost over.an opportunity wasted for at&t.pushing new devices even further until the holidays would be a joke.even an august release of the iphone 5 could have helped eased the pain for many at&t customers.with just at&t standing pat,you can expect people to jump to other carriers or buy devices from other carriers and unlock it.a release of the 9810 by at&t in august will just not cut it.i have never had problems with at&t service but this is like 2008 repeat.my upgrade has been long over due.and all this talk about delays is just killing my excitement.this applies to the i5 and new bb's because they all are in my to choose list.nyc at&t stores which are a lot will run out of business if things stay like this.
    08-09-11 08:37 PM
    summer is almost over.an opportunity wasted for at&t.pushing new devices even further until the holidays would be a joke.even an august release of the iphone 5 could have helped eased the pain for many at&t customers.with just at&t standing pat,you can expect people to jump to other carriers or buy devices from other carriers and unlock it.a release of the 9810 by at&t in august will just not cut it.i have never had problems with at&t service but this is like 2008 repeat.my upgrade has been long over due.and all this talk about delays is just killing my excitement.this applies to the i5 and new bb's because they all are in my to choose list.nyc at&t stores which are a lot will run out of business if things stay like this.
    I feel the exact same way. I've had my upgrade for 3 months and I've been holding onto it for new BB's, yet AT&T just keeps delaying. My upgrade is burning a hole in my pocket.
    ADGrant likes this.
    08-09-11 09:59 PM
    Didn't PG just say on some thread yesterday that the 9900 Finally went into Field Testing? I swear I read that and so now it could be October.
    08-10-11 07:53 PM
    Didn't PG just say on some thread yesterday that the 9900 Finally went into Field Testing? I swear I read that and so now it could be October.
    AT&T should have ensured this device was ready just like the rest of the carriers have. Or at the minimum, explain what the delay is and what they are doing to rectify it. I guess that's too much to ask.
    08-10-11 08:02 PM
    Unbelievable how rim can mess this this release up so bad
    RIM had nothing to do with the release dates.

The 9810 and 9900 had been sitting in our DC since early June, with all dealer shipments 'pending' until HQ flipped the switch for release. We got notice yesterday morning that the launch was imminent, and they were in our stores with the regular delivery (every Tuesday and Friday) hours later - perfect logistics all things considered. I just couldn't spill the beans that carrier branded units were built and in carrier DC's until.... well until a few days ago when my NDA became irrelevant.

Max
    08-10-11 08:06 PM
    AT&T should have ensured this device was ready just like the rest of the carriers have. Or at the minimum, explain what the delay is and what they are doing to rectify it. I guess that's too much to ask.
    I agree, but AT&T is doing the right thing by making sure everything is working and there are no issues. They are doing their customers a favor by providing ultimate satisfaction. As I have said before, that's Great Customer Service. Yeah it sucks to wait, but it will be Worth the Wait.
    08-10-11 08:17 PM
    Torch 9810, maybe another WM 7 phone, IPhone 4S/5, and then the other BB phones.

I'm really hoping ATT is just pulling our leg and they will drop the 9900 a bit quicker. I maybe holding onto my upgrade a but longer...
    08-10-11 08:40 PM
    I agree, but AT&T is doing the right thing by making sure everything is working and there are no issues. They are doing their customers a favor by providing ultimate satisfaction. As I have said before, that's Great Customer Service. Yeah it sucks to wait, but it will be Worth the Wait.
    It's not the waiting part - I'd rather wait and get a solid device. Too many stories floating around.....some say it's hardware related - if that's the case, why are other carriers releasing it? Some say it's software related - nothing a updated couldn't fix. And yet others say it's hardware and software related. Just come clean and say what the problem is. That'll make the wait that much more worth it. But I'm still getting a Rogers 9900.
    08-10-11 09:25 PM
    This really doesn't seem like an intentional delay to me, seems like AT&T is doing their job. Not sure what everyone is getting all excited about.
    If by their job you mean selling Torches, I would agree.
    08-10-11 09:54 PM
    ok after this 9810 gets released.will at&t come out with an update about their other new devices?delay is one thing but dates should be officially settled and revealed.say something like an i5 date.don't they want business.or they want to still feed folks 2010 devices.
    08-13-11 06:48 PM
    Are you serious? Yeah Rogers released the 9000 which had all kinds of problems & was damn near not usable. AT&T however stood firm and demanded changes from RIM. Of course when AT&T released the original Bold, it worked properly and had none of the issues that the other carriers had. Also remember some carriers even discontinued the 9000 until issues were fixed. So let's not be so quick to bash AT&T.

That said, when you have an exclusive in the states as a company it would be foolish not to capitalize on it don't you think? I understand we're all gadget geeks & want the latest and greatest, but they're out to make money. It only makes sense the 9810 is launching first IMHO.
    AT&T also has many more subscribers than Rogers, Telus or Bell so there's a reason why they would want to thoroughly test the 9900. The rest is up to marketing... :/
    joewoo and calicocat2010 like this.
    08-13-11 06:58 PM
    Are you serious? Yeah Rogers released the 9000 which had all kinds of problems & was damn near not usable. AT&T however stood firm and demanded changes from RIM. Of course when AT&T released the original Bold, it worked properly and had none of the issues that the other carriers had. Also remember some carriers even discontinued the 9000 until issues were fixed. So let's not be so quick to bash AT&T.

That said, when you have an exclusive in the states as a company it would be foolish not to capitalize on it don't you think? I understand we're all gadget geeks & want the latest and greatest, but they're out to make money. It only makes sense the 9810 is launching first IMHO.
    AT&T also has many more subscribers than Rogers, Telus or Bell so there's a reason why they would want to thoroughly test the 9900. The rest is up to marketing... :/
    I think it is clear that AT&T's decision to delay the 9900 is because they have an exclusive on the Torch. I think that decision shows a certain contempt for their customers. That said, I am not changing carriers because they all pretty much suck and by the time my contract is up, the 9900 will be available. One thing I will not do is buy any kind of Torch. It's either the 9900 or the next iPhone for me.
    08-14-11 01:13 PM
    when you have an exclusive in the states as a company it would be foolish not to capitalize on it don't you think? I understand we're all gadget geeks & want the latest and greatest, but they're out to make money. It only makes sense the 9810 is launching first IMHO.
    Why don't they release them all...if they have an exclusive device, then whether all of their BlackBerry lineup is released at once or not won't have any effect on the people who like that exclusive form factor. What AT&T thinks they may gain with an exclusive on the Torch 9810, they will lose in people getting other devices elsewhere (mainly 9900)...while I know that amount isn't that much, that's about how many people really are dead set on the 9810.
    08-14-11 01:33 PM
    I think it is clear that AT&T's decision to delay the 9900 is because they have an exclusive on the Torch. I think that decision shows a certain contempt for their customers. That said, I am not changing carriers because they all pretty much suck and by the time my contract is up, the 9900 will be available. One thing I will not do is buy any kind of Torch. It's either the 9900 or the next iPhone for me.
    Agreed, the next best thing to switching carriers is to at least not buy the hardware from them. Just use their towers...all carriers do pretty much suck, but AT&T is really sticking out right now with their dumb decisions.
    08-14-11 01:36 PM
    My issue with the delay of the 9900 is that AT&T has positioned it to fail. There is no way it sells when you are staring and a brand new iPhone 5.

I want the 9900, but when facing a choice between iPhone 5 and RIM; it's almost a no brainer for me and most others that I know to grab the iPhone.
    08-14-11 03:27 PM
    My issue with the delay of the 9900 is that AT&T has positioned it to fail. There is no way it sells when you are staring and a brand new iPhone 5.

I want the 9900, but when facing a choice between iPhone 5 and RIM; it's almost a no brainer for me and most others that I know to grab the iPhone.
    True, but those that pick up the new Iphone or any Iphone probably would take it back and get a blackberry Lol.
    08-14-11 03:54 PM
    Take iPhone 5, I played with bold 9900 for a few yesterday, much better browser !!! But trackpad had a bug, camera is no where near as good as iPhone . Just got a feeling the bold is going to have some Bugs in it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 04:18 PM
    It just came out, it's obvious now will be the time any bugs will surface. Should we look at iPhone release bugs and speculate how the iPhone 5 launch will go?

The smart ones will wait a couple of months so stuff like this can be worked out.

Last edited by olblueyez; 08-14-11 at 05:09 PM.
    08-14-11 05:01 PM
    I'm still on my parent's account while in school. I'm cutting my hours down to 20 hrs a week while in Grad school. I don't think I can up and leave for Verizon.

Good job ATT!

I'm on my parent's account, too. When we switched to ATT & got new phones 2 years ago i really REALLY wanted a BB but since my dad was buying the phones i went with a samsung that had one of those buy 1 get 1 half off deals. i can get an upgrade next week so we went to ATT tonight just to look at their phones & the guy said there wasn't "anything showing in the system" about when they'd get the 9900 i'm very frustrated but i've waited 2 years for a BB so i guess a few - but, hopefully not too many - more months won't kill me, right?
    08-14-11 11:46 PM
116 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD