T-Mobile coverage sucks in my experience. Verizon would be possible but I would rather stick with a GSM phone.

I won't ever buy a 9860 and I am not to fond of the 9810 so if AT&T don't want me to have a proper Blackberry, I will probably just buy an iPhone 5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I wish I could get the iPhone 5. My girlfriend and her family all have Blackberries, and so do all her friends. Her family lives in Venezuela. She goes to school here and has AT&T. It's the only cheap way to message internationally.

I'm tempted to get the Torch 2, but the reason I dislike my current Torch is because of the tiny keyboard. The 9860 or 9900. I prefer a keyboard, but if I can type fine on the 9860, I may decided against the 9900. However, I'm more confident in the 9900, and I want that NFC.
    Last edited by TheStoof; 08-07-11 at 01:05 PM.
    08-07-11 01:03 PM
    Why? What does the 9860 offer that all the other slab pohones do no(?

I don't think there's any way that's going to happen, if people want an all touch screen phone there going to buy a iphone 5 not a 9860. The 9900 offers what many are saying the best physcial keyboard on a device I think it will outsell Torch 2 and 9860.

It will if they don't bother to sell the 9900

at&t will sell the 9900.

Now my belief that the 9860 will outsell the 9900 for at&t is there is a segment of people that want the blackberry functionality in a "sexy" package and I am sorry folks the 9900 doesn't deliver on that front. The 9860 will cross over in areas that most other berries don't today. The 9900 is a great device, I am not denying that. Many of you here know me and I am NOT a huge fan of touchscreen devices and while I test almost every Berry that comes out I also test several android devices as well. The 9900 will sell for certain but it appeals to traditional blackberry users mostly.

I don't make statements like this lightly guys and again it is just my opinion...

PG
    purijagmohan and 1425956 like this.
    08-07-11 05:58 PM
    I agree with PG on that...

08-07-11 06:15 PM
    at&t will sell the 9900.

Now my belief that the 9860 will outsell the 9900 for at&t is there is a segment of people that want the blackberry functionality in a "sexy" package and I am sorry folks the 9900 doesn't deliver on that front. The 9860 will cross over in areas that most other berries don't today. The 9900 is a great device, I am not denying that. Many of you here know me and I am NOT a huge fan of touchscreen devices and while I test almost every Berry that comes out I also test several android devices as well. The 9900 will sell for certain but it appeals to traditional blackberry users mostly.

I don't make statements like this lightly guys and again it is just my opinion...

PG
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but personally the 9900 being as thin as it is,with the full stainless bezel makes it a much sexier device then the 9860 which is all plastic. Maybe people who have used both devices can chime in.

08-07-11 06:39 PM
    at&t will sell the 9900.

PG
    What BB functionality? The iPhone has much better functionality for the most part. BES does offer corporations more than EAS but in the consumer space Blackberries are woefully behind.

08-07-11 06:48 PM
    Well if the at&t version comes out later then the rest of the other carriers, atleast we will have some reviews to see the good/bad of the phone.

08-08-11 12:54 AM
    According to the home page and the "leaked" dates from Wireless Giant, the story continues to get worse.

The listed release date is November 20th.

May as well wait for the fookin QNX phone 2-3 months after.

Last edited by MPLexus301; 08-08-11 at 11:57 AM.
    08-08-11 11:55 AM
    If the above roadmap is true, I think this is my last straw with AT&T. I've been a loyal customer for a long time but their spotty reception and Big Brother BS (blocking access to BB Bridge, now pushing back the release date to focus on Torch2) means they're a company I no longer want to patronize.

CX mentioned a while ago that ATT had some software bugs that they wanted RIM to iron out, and that ATT's field testing process is more strenuous than Verizon's. Can anyone provide more specific info here? If I buy the 9930, what are the differences going to be with the 9900 aside from the obvious network? Any idea of speeds on Verizon's 3G network vs. ATT's "4G"? If these are significant differences, perhaps I'll just hop to the iPhone5 and be done with RIM and ATT all together.

I'm willing to admit that I'm getting impatient here...my 9700 is going downhill pretty quickly and while I'd rather not go through the hassle of switching carriers, 3 months is a long time between release dates (Aug 21 vs Nov 20).
    Last edited by MPLexus301; 08-08-11 at 12:23 PM.
    08-08-11 12:18 PM
    Ouch November!? That's not good at all... I'm sure there will be more WM mango phones released by then as well. If I can't get a 9900 then a 12 mp shooter would suffice as well. I'd even be willing to pick up a 9780 and bring it over to hold onto my love for BB. Anybody have a 9780 on sale for cheap?
    08-08-11 12:28 PM
    November...This is why i switched to android in the first place...Back on the BB Bold for the time being until I get my infuse back. RIM you had me coming back if the release date was sooner
    08-08-11 04:44 PM
    ...sigh. My parents have three upgradeable lines. I could hop on the Torch 2 if it's $50 though. Then when the 9900 comes out in November, hop on that train.
    08-08-11 05:01 PM
    Yup....that's it. I'm done with AT&T if this is true. I'll go to Verizon when the 9930 hits. I'll wait for the official announcement... AT&T dropping the ball as always.
    08-08-11 05:58 PM
    I am sort of stuck to AT&T since I got out of my contract early after 9 years with VZW due to a "Know reception issue in my area." One they had no plans of fixing for 2 years and could not take phone calls even outside of my house. Broke my heart to leave and now I am more pissed that I am stuck with my VZW 9630 till Nov. I guess I might be buying the Torch so I can have a faster working phone that won't **** me off like my Android did.
    08-08-11 06:11 PM
    Ok folks not saying much else after this for a little while as work is just too busy these days but I will leave you (at&t users anyway) with some good news. 9900 entered field trial today so this would point to an October release...

Not the date you all had hoped for I know but getting it in the field has been anticipated for several months so finally getting it here is positive.

PG
    Last edited by phonegeek; 08-08-11 at 09:50 PM.
    08-08-11 09:12 PM
    Ok folks not saying much else after this for a littler while as work is just too busy these days but I will leave you (at&t users anyway) with some good news. 9900 entered field trial today so this would point to an October release...

Not the date you all had hoped for I know but getting it in the field has been anticipated for several months so finally getting it here is positive.

PG
    Thanks for this info PG!! One last question if I may. Any chance a Rogers related device have any problems with AT&T in the long run? Since the hardware is the same as Rogers. What is the worst that could happen. AT&T users buy Rogers and get an earlier build and when Oct rolls out, we update the OS to the latest AT&T support OS..RIGHT??

Thanks again for your input and support in these forms!
    08-08-11 09:19 PM
    so will this october release mean a september release for the 9860 and iphone 5?i think it will make sense since all the pieces will fall into place for at&t.
    08-08-11 09:45 PM
    Thanks for this info PG!! One last question if I may. Any chance a Rogers related device have any problems with AT&T in the long run? Since the hardware is the same as Rogers. What is the worst that could happen. AT&T users buy Rogers and get an earlier build and when Oct rolls out, we update the OS to the latest AT&T support OS..RIGHT??

Thanks again for your input and support in these forms!
    I am really not expecting to see many HW differences between the test unit and the unit that goes to Rogers. That said I am also not expecting HW issues, doesn't mean we won't have some but not expecting any given how long its taken to get this device in the field.

so will this october release mean a september release for the 9860 and iphone 5?i think it will make sense since all the pieces will fall into place for at&t.
    I think 9860 makes end of Sept, I think i5 makes it around the same time and I think 9900 (provided there are no deal breaker issues) makes it a couple weeks later.

PG
    08-08-11 09:55 PM
    Ok folks not saying much else after this for a little while as work is just too busy these days but I will leave you (at&t users anyway) with some good news. 9900 entered field trial today so this would point to an October release...

PG
    Hopefully they just test it for the one day lol

08-08-11 09:56 PM
    Thanks again. Let us all know how 9900 feels when you get it. Will be good to get your opinion since you have played with other devices as well

I am really not expecting to see many HW differences between the test unit and the unit that goes to Rogers. That said I am also not expecting HW issues, doesn't mean we won't have some but not expecting any given how long its taken to get this device in the field.

I think 9860 makes end of Sept, I think i5 makes it around the same time and I think 9900 (provided there are no deal breaker issues) makes it a couple weeks later.

PG
    08-08-11 09:59 PM

Seems a little cruel to launch the 9860 at the same time as the iPhone 5. Poor 9860 doesn't stand a chance.
    08-09-11 10:04 AM
    Seems a little cruel to launch the 9860 at the same time as the iPhone 5. Poor 9860 doesn't stand a chance.
    lol. At this point i think most people know that bberry die hards will be the only ones getting the new devices from the get go. I like the 9810 but honestly makes no sense to give this device a 3 month headstart, specially when competing with the other carriers for these kind of customers. If there's any kind of hype out there besides the cb community, it is for the 9900.

I don't know who the head of marketing at at&t is but a monkey can do his job.
    Last edited by dcgore; 08-09-11 at 11:42 AM.
    08-09-11 11:38 AM
    You have to look at whether or not the Torch outsold the 9700. If it did, then you can expec the Torch 2 to be the first to arrive.
    08-09-11 11:43 AM
    You have to look at whether or not the Torch outsold the 9700. If it did, then you can expec the Torch 2 to be the first to arrive.
    If it did, it is just because att stopped selling it and the only other option is a curve. I work for an investment bank and every time someone needs a blackberry, they are given a 9700...that's right, an att 9700.

It's not like RIM stopped manufacturing it or att "selling" it but the public is only given the torch option. I have no doubt that the 9700 would do better if it was still being offered.
    08-09-11 11:49 AM
    Yup....that's it. I'm done with AT&T if this is true. I'll go to Verizon when the 9930 hits. I'll wait for the official announcement... AT&T dropping the ball as always.
    I was with Verizon (five lines) and switched to AT&T two and a half years ago to get the Bold 9700 because Verizon had crap for BlackBerry offerings (a Curve 8330 in 2009???).

Today, all five lines with AT&T are all out of contract with a monthly spend of $320.

Two of my five lines would get the new Bold 9900 with AT&T. I'd sell my 9700 and my since acquired (off-contract) 9780 on eBay to cover the new phones and the switch.

Whoever comes out first with this phone gets my business, it's that simple.

Right now that looks like Verizon.
    08-09-11 11:50 AM
    I was with Verizon (five lines) and switched to AT&T two and a half years ago to get the Bold 9700 because Verizon had crap for BlackBerry offerings (a Curve 8330 in 2009???).

Today, all five lines with AT&T are all out of contract with a monthly spend of $320.

Two of my five lines would get the new Bold 9900 with AT&T. I'd sell my 9700 and my since acquired (off-contract) 9780 on eBay to cover the new phones and the switch.

Whoever comes out first with this phone gets my business, it's that simple.

Right now that looks like Verizon.
    I'm still on my parent's account while in school. I'm cutting my hours down to 20 hrs a week while in Grad school. I don't think I can up and leave for Verizon.

Good job ATT!
    08-09-11 11:54 AM
116 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD