PG/CX,
    Let us know whenever you hear any progress on AT&T testing. Hope AT&T resolves the pending issues/activities around 9900. Thanks!!
    08-05-11 01:51 PM
    BGR quoted AT&T saying the device will be available later this month. Crucial you think AT&T got misquoted
    Here's the link BlackBerry Bold 9900 hands-on!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by blanc71; 08-05-11 at 02:19 PM.
    data77 and rodduke like this.
    08-05-11 02:13 PM
    Don't bother, blanc71. Apparently the OP's only interested in hearing from Crucial or PG, not from one of us lesser beings. I don't know why he doesn't just PM them though...

08-05-11 02:16 PM
    Haha..Don't say that Masahiro. You guys are great.

Thanks Blanc71. Really appreciate it!

You guys rock....waiting to get this phone..getting tired of waiting...
    08-05-11 02:22 PM
    Don't bother, blanc71. Apparently the OP's only interested in hearing from Crucial or PG, not from one of us lesser beings. I don't know why he doesn't just PM them though...

Because CX probably has better sources than the rest of us here? I believe this information would be useful to those planning to get a 9900 from AT&T, so why keep it to the PMs when we can share the love.
    08-05-11 02:25 PM
    From what my sources say, AT&T will not be getting the 9900 in August.

For what it is worth, most others say the same.
    08-05-11 02:40 PM
    Yea the scuttlebutt is that ATT is gonna focus on the 9810 for now and the other BBs later this fall. BUT who knows?!?
    08-05-11 03:11 PM
    I'll always remember that the Bold 9000 was released in November. Two months after
    it was already released in Canada. There were supposed hardware issues with the
    battery and such. Hopefully the same doesn't happen again.
    08-05-11 03:45 PM
    I'll always remember that the Bold 9000 was released in November. Two months after
    yeah, i am thinking 9810 later this month and the 9850 & 9900 for the holiday season.
    08-05-11 03:49 PM
    Basing off what those 2 have said, I will go with 9810 in the next few weeks and 9900 late Sept - Oct earliest. 9860 falls somewhere in between there.
    08-05-11 03:54 PM
    BGR quoted AT&T saying the device will be available later this month. Crucial you think AT&T got misquoted
    Here's the link BlackBerry Bold 9900 hands-on!

My rule #1 believe nothing you hear from BGR regarding blackberry...

Next, 9900 is "expected" to be released for field trial in the next week or two which puts us in the October window for projected release.

Wow I don't take myself that serious. Just a person that provides information as I get it or perspective as I see it... I don't pretend to be something I am not...

PG
    08-05-11 08:52 PM
    My rule #1 believe nothing you hear from BGR regarding blackberry...

Next, 9900 is "expected" to be released for field trial in the next week or two which puts us in the October window for projected release.

PG
    PG/CX, Is it common to find new hardware issues in field testing?? Reason I am asking is if hardware issues are resolved during lab test, it's always possible for a user to change the software through a new OS build, if software issues are found during field test ??

Thanks in advance.
    westcoaststyle likes this.
    08-05-11 09:59 PM
    Unbelievable how rim can mess this this release up so bad
    purijagmohan and 3migo like this.
    08-05-11 09:59 PM
    Unbelievable how rim can mess this this release up so bad
    You think this is bad, check out Precentral and how HP messed up that release. Its Epic. That phone was announced in Feb and still no carrier or release date
    08-05-11 10:04 PM
    PG/CX, Is it common to find new hardware issues in field testing?? Reason I am asking is if hardware issues are resolved during lab test, it's always possible for a user to change the software through a new OS build, if software issues are found during field test ??

Thanks in advance.
    Hmmm common no not really. By the time a device makes it to field trial we usually don't see many deal breakers on the hardware side. Once it a while one will sneak through the lab but since the debacle in 2008 with the 9000 the lab guys on our side are usually good at weeding out the HW issues. Most smartphones get 2 or 3 updates of SW during field trial, more if there are more issues found but 2-3 is the avg...

That doesn't mean that carriers will rush the testing part with the mindset that we can push updates to customers or that customers will update their device. You have to realize that the people that spend time here and know how to readily update their device SW makeup about 2% or the smartphone users. IMO the other 98% are not intelligent enough to handle it without screwing it up...

hope that answers your question...

PG
    purijagmohan and 1425956 like this.
    08-05-11 10:52 PM
    Yah - hardware issues are holding up the 9900, just as they held up the 9000, just as they held up the bridge while they completed testing to ensure a proper customer experience. (I.e., they must have been running low on vaseline.) God bless at&t for being so concerned about their customers' satisfaction.
    08-05-11 11:17 PM

That doesn't mean that carriers will rush the testing part with the mindset that we can push updates to customers or that customers will update their device. You have to realize that the people that spend time here and know how to readily update their device SW makeup about 2% or the smartphone users. IMO the other 98% are not intelligent enough to handle it without screwing it up...

hope that answers your question...

PG
    I have a client who is a NeuroSurgeon, yet he has trouble filling out a simple form like a withdrawal slip at a bank. Intelligence isn't the issue. Smarts maybe. Mostly it's people not being fussed.
    ratchetjaw#AC likes this.
    08-05-11 11:50 PM
    I went into Att and was told October as well.
    08-06-11 10:06 AM
    I have a client who is a NeuroSurgeon, yet he has trouble filling out a simple form like a withdrawal slip at a bank. Intelligence isn't the issue. Smarts maybe. Mostly it's people not being fussed.
    Valid point, let me clarify. People don't to want to be smarter than their smartphone. They just want it to work, be cool, and perform the functions they need most...

PG
    08-06-11 10:30 AM
    Valid point, let me clarify. People don't to want to be smarter than their smartphone. They just want it to work, be cool, and perform the functions they need most...

PG
    If and I know that's a big IF the 9900 has a smooth field testing and gets TA within 30 days, do you see a late september launch at all?

08-06-11 10:46 AM
    If and I know that's a big IF the 9900 has a smooth field testing and gets TA within 30 days, do you see a late september launch at all?
    According to 'a friend' that maybe possible ...

At@t is sept 28. A friend
    08-06-11 11:03 AM
    Yah - hardware issues are holding up the 9900, just as they held up the 9000, just as they held up the bridge while they completed testing to ensure a proper customer experience. (I.e., they must have been running low on vaseline.) God bless at&t for being so concerned about their customers' satisfaction.
    Thus my "supposed" word.
    08-06-11 12:59 PM
    I just don't understand why AT&T would do this to its customers. Every other service provider streamlined the 9900 and has it ready for release, yet AT&T holds back the most anticipated Blackberry since the 9000, and pushes the Torch 2 forward.

Now I have to wait another 2 months to get a 9900.
    08-06-11 06:02 PM
    I just don't understand why AT&T would do this to its customers. Every other service provider streamlined the 9900 and has it ready for release, yet AT&T holds back the most anticipated Blackberry since the 9000, and pushes the Torch 2 forward.

Now I have to wait another 2 months to get a 9900.
    Its because AT&T has an exclusive on the Torch 2 and made that a priority and apparently AT&T is so complex the 9900 had more issues with testing versus with other carriers. There's almost no hype for the torch 2 versus the 9900 I don't understand AT&t thinking either the 9900 is easily going outsell the Torch 2 it won't even be close.

08-06-11 07:40 PM
    Its because AT&T has an exclusive on the Torch 2 and made that a priority and apparently AT&T is so complex the 9900 had more issues with testing versus with other carriers. There's almost no hype for the torch 2 versus the 9900 I don't understand AT&t thinking either the 9900 is easily going outsell the Torch 2 it won't even be close.

It's AT&T being their usual self. Nobody can figure them out.
    cl8baller likes this.
    08-06-11 08:01 PM
116 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD