I just ordered my Bold 9900 for AT&T via Costco for 99USD on an upgrade. Not a bad deal considering it was out less than a week ago!

Can't wait to get it.
    CigarDad likes this.
    11-11-11 01:33 PM
    Hmmm. That means the prices will start to drop soon. Guess I will wait a little longer.
    11-11-11 02:34 PM
    that's a pretty good price.... received my 9930 from wirefly yesterday for $119 on upgrade. if a new account it's $99.
    11-11-11 02:44 PM
    Awesome. Can't wait to see the price in January!
    11-11-11 02:45 PM
    How? I don't see the 9900 on their site.
    11-11-11 02:49 PM
    I don't see the 9900 on the costco.com site either. Just the 9930 for Verizon at $179.

What I like about Costco.com besides their great return policy is that when buying a cell phone they only tax u on the price u pay for it. Not the unsubsidized price that most places compute the tax from.

Btw, that $99 new activation or upgrade?

lenn
    11-11-11 02:57 PM
    Seems like the phone is not on their website anymore. I called and they confirmed my order yet stated that the product was now out of stock.

I guess they will bring the Bold back once they get more, but they told me I should receive my order next week.

I will keep you all updated.

Edit: http://membershipwireless.com/index....productId/4876 try that link.
    Last edited by jcastilloalonso; 11-11-11 at 03:35 PM.
    11-11-11 03:32 PM

lenn
    I just ordered my Bold 9900 for AT&T via Costco for 99USD on an upgrade. Not a bad deal considering it was out less than a week ago!

Can't wait to get it.
    Wish I had a Costco here. Guess I'll be waiting for best buy to put the 9900 on sale.
    11-11-11 03:36 PM

lenn
    Both, I did an upgrade.
    11-11-11 03:38 PM
    If you can wait it'll be free with a new line within weeks. E-tailers ftmfw.
    11-11-11 04:09 PM
    I don't want to add a line to get the phone for free. I would like to upgrade a line and get the pone for free. Sigh... I can wait a while. No rush to buy.
    11-11-11 05:27 PM
    Thats an awesome price. Time to buy!

Edit: Out of stock! Guess people beat me to it
    Last edited by AZ87; 11-11-11 at 08:45 PM.
    11-11-11 08:40 PM
    Sold my torch added a line and paid $200 which is what I got for my Torch. I have until April for my other line, downgraded to the $9.99 which is a family plan and use that upgrade in the middle of the year for the BBX phone. So far I am loving the 9900 SWEET
    11-11-11 09:24 PM
    too bad it's sold out!
    11-11-11 09:25 PM
    Just picked up a second 9930....this time from Sams Club online....$99 for new / $119 for upgrade....looks like Costco has the deal for the 9900, Sam's the 9930
    BlackBerry Bold 9930 for Verizon Wireless - Sam's Club Mobile
    11-12-11 10:58 AM
    I enquired as to the Bold 9900 availbility

"Greetings from Costco.com.

We are currently expect to have Blackberry Bold 9900 for AT&T available for purchase later in the week of 11/14/2011."
    11-14-11 03:55 PM
    Went to Costco today and ordered a new Bold 9900 to replace my three year old Bold 9000. The phone will apparently not be offered online and not carried in the store either. So by purchasing it in store it will be shipped to you. They had a demo phone to try in store.

So the price is $159.99 less an AT&T instant $60 rebate for a net price of $99.99. One of the advantages from buying at Costco is that the sales tax is only charged on the wholesale price of $159.99 versus the retail price of $549.99.

So the difference from buying at Costco versus going through AT&T in my case was a total savings of $100.22 (7.75% sales tax)

The other advantage of buying at Costco is the free accessories. With my purchase it comes with a screen protector, case, car charger, and the wired in ear headset.

Received a same day shipping notification with tracking number.
    11-16-11 04:14 PM
    Can anybody talk about the differences in contract between using my AT&T upgrade to get the 9900 at Costco versus doing it through AT&T? Differences in upgrade period, refund policies, etc?
    11-16-11 07:23 PM
    Well I got my 9900 yesterday from Costco.

It's an amazing device! loving it so far, got a screen protector, car charger and a case. The case won't perfectly fit but hey, can't beat a freebie + cheapest price (yet) the car charger works perfect and the screen protector is just a generic sheet that I don't plan on even cutting.

Excellent service from Costco, yet they did move me from unlimited (although I asked them not to) but a quick phonecall to 611 from my old phone fixed it right away. The AT&T guy told me it was not costco fault as the system requested to select a new dataplan as the 9900 needs a "4G" plan and I had a 3G only plan.

Jumanji21 you can check their return policy here:
    Mobile Phones with Free Shipping and Activation - Mobile Phone Plans from AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless

Thanks!

Jose
    Jumanji21 likes this.
    11-16-11 11:53 PM
    Can anybody talk about the differences in contract between using my AT&T upgrade to get the 9900 at Costco versus doing it through AT&T? Differences in upgrade period, refund policies, etc?
    It is identical. My contract has the AT&T logo and is printed in the blue and orange AT&T colors.
    Jumanji21 likes this.
    11-17-11 01:35 AM
    Well I got my 9900 yesterday from Costco.

It's an amazing device! loving it so far, got a screen protector, car charger and a case. The case won't perfectly fit but hey, can't beat a freebie + cheapest price (yet) the car charger works perfect and the screen protector is just a generic sheet that I don't plan on even cutting.

Excellent service from Costco, yet they did move me from unlimited (although I asked them not to) but a quick phonecall to 611 from my old phone fixed it rhight away. The AT&T guy told me it was not costco fault as the system requested to select a new dataplan as the 9900 needs a "4G" plan and I had a 3G only plan.

Jumanji21 you can check their return policy here:
    Mobile Phones with Free Shipping and Activation - Mobile Phone Plans from AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless

Thanks!

Jose
    So you picked it up in store?
    11-17-11 02:09 AM
    So you picked it up in store?
    No. Go to very first post in thread. "I just ordered my Bold 9900 for AT&T via Costco"

Costco ships you the phone for free. The OP was able to order it online through the Costco website. The phone service provider for Costco told me in a e-mail that they are now only going to offer the phone at the in store Kiosks which is why I went into a Costco versus ordering ordering online.
    Last edited by CigarDad; 11-17-11 at 10:31 AM.
    11-17-11 10:27 AM
    I just ordered an At&t 9900 upgrade on my family plan from my local Costco(MD) in-store wireless kiosk. Free shipping (from Chicago), free case, screen protector and car charger. $109 tax. Not too bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by JGUZEK; 11-17-11 at 10:02 PM.
    11-17-11 04:20 PM
    So after calling AT&T to make sure my plan wouldn't change, and calling two Costcos (in Orlando, the first didn't know anything about it, the second [South Orlando] did), I talked to a guy who assured me if I came in early Saturday and ordered the phone, it would get to me by Wednesday before I flew home Thursday for Thanksgiving.

However, I'm not a Costco member. So I did some research and asked some questions, and it seems I have two options: 1. I could find somebody who is a Costco member to buy me a cash card for the amount the phone will cost ($115 ish), because non-Costco members can use the cash cards without having a membership; 2. Much more likely, since I don't know anybody who is a member, I can sign up for a full year membership ($55), buy the phone, and cancel my membership after the 90-day return policy expires, and get a full refund.

Given time and resource limitations, it seems that #2 is the way to go for me. Fingers crossed!

(Side note: I went into an AT&T authorized retail store earlier today to check out some accessories, and offhandedly asked the manager/owner if he knew whether the price would be dropping any time in the near future. He gave me a bewildered look, and said, "Are you kidding? This is a brand new device! It's been out less than a week! No way the price is dropping any time soon." Eek...)
    11-17-11 06:52 PM
    dang, sounds like a good deal! thanks op for the post.
    11-17-11 08:14 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD