Ok I have a question. Been using a Iphone since 2007 and just frankly got bored with it. Bought a Blackberry Bold 9900 yesterday (AT&T) because I don't really care about apps but want lightening fast email. Well my work email literally takes 6 minutes to receive a message, am I missing something??? The email set up fine, works fine, but does not deliver like Blackberry used. to. Let me know what you think.

PS my work has Microsoft Exchange server and my iPhone delivered it instantly.
    06-02-12 12:30 PM
    It should be instant for your BB also. All of my emails are instant.
    06-04-12 08:07 PM
    If you are on the BES at work, it will be instant. If you are connected to your work email via BIS, then the emails will likely arrive to the device between 3 and 15 minutes. This is how it typically works.
    06-04-12 08:46 PM
    If you are on the BES at work, it will be instant. If you are connected to your work email via BIS, then the emails will likely arrive to the device between 3 and 15 minutes. This is how it typically works.

all emails on BIS are instant. if youre receiving emails with 15 minute delay... something is wrong.

to the OP, try resending service books, and register the device again for the heck of it (under host routing table, hit menu and select "register now").

Sent from my sexy 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-04-12 08:55 PM
    Depends on the service. My gmail account is instant, my Time Warner account takes a while. Up to 15 minutes. If there is a fix for that I'd like to hear it.
    06-05-12 12:04 AM
    all emails on BIS are instant. if youre receiving emails with 15 minute delay... something is wrong.

to the OP, try resending service books, and register the device again for the heck of it (under host routing table, hit menu and select "register now").

Sent from my sexy 9900 using Tapatalk
    Not necessarily. IMAP is instant. POP3 will take around 3-15 minutes.

Depends on the service. My gmail account is instant, my Time Warner account takes a while. Up to 15 minutes. If there is a fix for that I'd like to hear it.
    There is no "fix" since nothing is broken. Time-Warner uses POP3.

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...l-work-152955/
    06-05-12 01:11 AM
    OP, perhaps a workaround. I am not sure what your company's policy is on forwarding company emails to other accounts. Here is our setup that "allows" push email to your BlackBerry from a POP3 mailbox.

Ask your exchange admin to set your work emails to instantly forward copies of your email to a Gmail account. Either keeping or deleting all forwarded mail as you/ they see fit. Point being if you check your Exchange emails on PCs, etc then you'd probably want to save copies.

But anyway, regardless...

Set your BlackBerry to check only the Gmail account. Make sure IMAP is enabled on that Gmail account.

You can even set your "reply to" address on your BlackBerry as your official company email address instead of your Gmail one.

So it works like so:

Emails that hit Exchange instantly forward copies to Gmail. Gmail pushes those instantly to your BlackBerry.

Of course if your BlackBerry is locked down, your Exchange admin won't help, etc there's not much you can do. Otherwise this works superbly.

Our company has a hosted POP3 email server on our own domain. We auto forward all emails to Gmail and push to phones. Awesome.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-05-12 02:22 AM

This information is incorrect for POP3 email. Typically, if users are not on a BES, then their work email connected via BIS functions as POP3.
    06-05-12 05:44 AM
    Hope you did not sell your iPhone!
    06-05-12 08:29 AM
    i had the same problem if i am understand you correctly. if you are using outlook at work for your email you have to set it to receive your mail every minute instead of 6 minutes. i get the email on my desktop within 1 minute of my bb now
    06-05-12 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD