- just got my ATT 9900 yesterday and love the phone, but have found that if I leave the phone on my table I get full service, if I pick it up I lose 2-3 bars of service right away. It doesn't matter how I hold the phone. I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-11 08:24 PM
    mine has been rock solid 4Gfor 36 hours. But I do notice what you said that I have 5 bars sitting on the desk. Now I used to get three or 4 bars at my desk with both 9700 and 9800. Like you have noticed I do drop to 4 or 3 bars when I pick up the phone. But It does stay at solid 4G. I have had no issues with signal quality or droped calls. I was on a long call driving home from work where I know I get passed off to three towers. I know this as I have had issues with other phones and keeping 3G signal. Phone call quality was great. Speaker was great. I had three 9800 and all where terrible for quality of speaker volume for both ear and speaker phone. So this 9900 was great I love it so far very good call quality. so not sure what to make of the signal changes from sitting to picking up as I sit here at my desk??? Better signal that other phones while sitting on desk. Signal does drop a little when I pick up. However seems to have no impact?
    Last edited by rain3man; 11-07-11 at 08:43 PM.
    11-07-11 08:32 PM
    mine so far seems pretty good but can i ask u guys hows your trackpad? is being not perfectly aligned normal?
    11-07-11 08:55 PM
    My track pad is fine. I really went over the phone before left the store and the track pad was one thing that was listed to watch for. sometimes there is a little squeak with the track pad
    Last edited by rain3man; 11-07-11 at 10:13 PM.
    11-07-11 08:58 PM
    yeah they took a 9900 phone out and when i checked the trackpad was misaligned so bad that i asked another unit lol but the manager said yes so the other 9900 they brought out still is misaligned but not as bad as the 1st one. but still i kinda feel weird about the imperfection. should i just let this one imperfection go?
    11-07-11 09:02 PM
    My trackpad is not misaligned but it doesn't seem as sensitive as my first 9900 (had to swap once due to screen flickering). I have even turned up the sensitivity on it but it just seems a bit off, and if I turn the audible roll on, it only is audible when I roll my finger over it more than once.

Since I started this thread I have been watching my signal, it seems fine as long as I know I'm in a spot with good reception, but if I am in a spot where I have two or less bars, I am all over the place. GPRS, edge and 4g... I've done a few battery pulls but it doesnt seem to effect it. Wondering if this might be a software error? Or do you think I have a second defective unit?
    11-07-11 09:12 PM
    i have constant 4G signal and pretty much full bars all the time, but regarding the sensitivity problem, is the lack of sensitivity the whole time? coz in mine when im at the homescreen and im trying to scroll down to view the apps, sometimes i do like 2 scroll downs b4 it show the apps but other that that its pretty responsive.
    11-07-11 09:19 PM
    Mine has been the same on pretty much every place I've been. Apps and the homescreen both are scrolling fine, just doesn't seem as accurate as my 9700 or 9800 were.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-11 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD