I was just wondering if anyone new if the AT&T version of the 9900 is any different then the other versions on t-mobile, sprint, verizon. Other then the obvious CDMA vs GSM.

I was wondering if the almost 3 month delay had anything to do with all the issues I keep reading about in these post. I am hoping that the OS or hardware is more reliable than the previous releases on the other carriers.
    11-02-11 12:24 PM
    I don't believe so. There was talk of a last minute hardware upgrade, but this was overcome with a software update.
    11-02-11 12:30 PM
    I don't believe so. There was talk of a last minute hardware upgrade, but this was overcome with a software update.
    I hope the software update will be less buggy than the ones that are listed in the other posts. You would think so since we are now almost 3 months behind the first launch.
    11-02-11 12:33 PM
    AFAIK the AT&T 9900 will ship with .440 which is running fine on my phone.
    11-02-11 12:36 PM
    It seems like no sig hardware stuff was changed...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-11 07:04 PM
    There was one hardware revision required, as well as a firmware revision, however we do not know what either of those entailed.
    11-02-11 07:05 PM
    NFC is probably missing.
    11-02-11 08:17 PM
    I doubt it'll be any different to the eyes. Maybe a little correction but we won't be able to tell.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-02-11 08:58 PM
    yea from what i saw, there was a hardware and software changes made to both the 9900 and the 9860 but no one is telling us what those changes were, other than it will release with .440.
    11-02-11 09:13 PM
    I believe AT&T have disabled the NFC option in the handset. Then again I maybe wrong.
    11-03-11 08:47 AM
    I was just wondering if anyone new if the AT&T version of the 9900 is any different then the other versions on t-mobile, sprint, verizon. Other then the obvious CDMA vs GSM.

I was wondering if the almost 3 month delay had anything to do with all the issues I keep reading about in these post. I am hoping that the OS or hardware is more reliable than the previous releases on the other carriers.
    Yes there are 2 versions of 9900. The atnt/roger/bell one is 3g plus H+ and can go upto speed of 4g where the aws version which runs on t-mobile/wind/moblicty is just 3g so it runs barely 3g speed,*wind and moblicty hve very slow data so max it goes is 180kbps. Worst than rogers EDGE (which is none data plan).
    02-02-12 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD