Hi - hoping someone can help with this!

I just got the Bold 9900 and am trying to switch devices from my Torch to the Bold, but every time the process reaches the "Backing up on-board memory" part, it goes sooooooo slow - as in takes several hours - i had it doing this overnight and it wasn't done when I checked in the am.

I am a Mac user and am using version 2.2.1 of the DM which is the latest version.

It took me about 30 hours to finally get the Torch to do a back-up on it's own, and it only worked after i unchecked, Back up on-board memory, and also after i read to clear the cache. I also read that i should turn mass storage mode off, but I don't have this option with my OS, so the best i could do was take out my media card.

I have done several battery pulls, have restarted my computer, read everything i could online on what to do, but NOTHING is helping.

Does anyone know what to do? I was told by blackberry not to do a "restore" on the Bold with the backup from the Torch b/c it's a diff. OS. They said I can only do a device switch. Is this true?

Thank you!
    12-20-11 05:46 PM
    I was going from Torch to 9900 couple of weeks ago and I was told the complete opposite by users on here (do not do a switch do a restore from back-up) and it worked perfectly, reason being the same, its a different OS and device switching with different OSes often have compatability issues, with a back-up you can select the important things to restore, such as contacts and e-mails etc. and it'll be fine. Give that a go, worked for me!
    12-20-11 06:02 PM
    wow - ok will try - but what about the on-board memory? is that going to be one of my options? or do i not need it? thanks!
    12-20-11 06:32 PM
    Doing the same thing. Backup from file.

Can't imagine on board memory is useful at all.

I am really looking forward to this 9900. What an upgrade from the torch.
    12-21-11 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD