Yes, I have to admit it. I jumped sail with the Android craze and am the owner of an android phone after my disappointment with the slow progress RIM had made in the past.

But my heart still yearns for Blackberry! I recently purchased the Playbook and fell in love with Blackberry all over again. I'm still pissed at how slow RIM is at catching up with mainstream but now that I see what a high quality product the Playbook is I would like to give BB a second shot.

Please advise, should I go for an upgrade to a Bold 9930 or wait for the QNX phones (only God knows when they'll be released!) ??
    I used to own the previous Bold, is it a big step up?
    Last edited by iNcorruptible; 12-02-11 at 05:30 AM.
    12-02-11 04:33 AM
    I tried the new Torch for a couple of months and quite liked it. However, I always knew that I'm going to get the Bold as soon as it was available on AT&T. Now that I have the 9900, I can tell you that this is without a shadow of a doubt the best Blackberry ever made. The design is exquisite, performance is great. Only downside for me would be battery life. Do not expect anything like the 9700 in that respect. I just bought the external charger w extra battery bundle, so I'm all set.
    As far as improvements over previous model, I will give you the 3 best ones in no particular order.
    Bigger, adequately sized high quality touch screen. 4G speeds. Browser on a par with Safari.
    Last edited by etul; 12-02-11 at 05:19 AM.
    iNcorruptible likes this.
    12-02-11 05:10 AM
    Yes, I have to admit it. I jumped sail with the Android craze and am the owner of an android phone after my disappointment with the slow progress RIM had made in the past.

But my heart still yearns for Blackberry! I recently purchased the Playbook and fell in love with Blackberry all over again. I'm still pissed at how slow RIM is at catching up with mainstream but now that I see what a high quality product the Playbook is I would like to give BB a second shot.

Please advise, should I go for an upgrade to a Bold 9930 or wait for the QNX phones (only God knows when they'll be released!) ??
    I used to own the previous Bold, is it a big step up?
    I got pissed at RIM when I bought the Playbook on release day. Anyway welcome back
    12-02-11 05:35 AM
    I got pissed at RIM when I bought the Playbook on release day. Anyway welcome back
    i hear ya. I like the Playbook but agree it was a rip off for 499. For 199, despite the lack of developer support and availability of apps I think it's tolerable.
    12-02-11 05:42 AM
    i hear ya. I like the Playbook but agree it was a rip off for 499. For 199, despite the lack of developer support and availability of apps I think it's tolerable.
    I have been using my 64gb 3G iPad for so long, It was my lack of patience for me. Maybe one day if RIM get back to working on it.
    12-02-11 05:54 AM
    I tried the new Torch for a couple of months and quite liked it. However, I always knew that I'm going to get the Bold as soon as it was available on AT&T. Now that I have the 9900, I can tell you that this is without a shadow of a doubt the best Blackberry ever made. The design is exquisite, performance is great. Only downside for me would be battery life. Do not expect anything like the 9700 in that respect. I just bought the external charger w extra battery bundle, so I'm all set.
    As far as improvements over previous model, I will give you the 3 best ones in no particular order.
    Bigger, adequately sized high quality touch screen. 4G speeds. Browser on a par with Safari.
    Welcome back! I myself did the same thing...I left for an htc thunderbolt and got tired of the clumsy navigation and email programs.....and wow I hate full touch screens....I'd give up 4g (I have a 9930) any day to be back with my blackberry....does RIM have more work to do?...of course but I am very happy with my blackberry!!!
    12-02-11 07:35 AM
    I recently upgraded to the 9930 from the Storm2. Man what an improvement! This is by far the best BB I have ever owned. As far at the BBX devices, I am never one to buy the first device, bound to have startup issues etc.
    12-02-11 11:37 AM
    I'd go for the upgrade. I love my 9930. I have had zero issues with the OS or battery. Just like what cmillette said... I came from a Storm 2 and wow!! The 9930 makes you feel like a 9550 was not a BB device.

Oh and welcome back when you get jump back over!
    12-02-11 11:48 AM
    If you like your android device I would wait for the QNX devices. (I'm banking on their release late 2012).

But if you really miss BB, I would get the 9930 to hold you over, but I don't think I would get a 2 year plan if you are going to want to upgrade to QNX, unless you have the means to buy outright when those devices drop.
    12-02-11 01:21 PM
    get the Bold 9930!! Its awesome and currently on par with iPhone and Android devices.

Its no telling when BBX devices will actually be available, so I wouldn't hold out if you don't have to.
    12-02-11 01:36 PM
    I went to iphone couple years ago after being amazed and let down by my 9000.

There are still things that I wish my bb can do that the iphone can, but right now my 9900 meets my current needs.

Its been 3 months and I still hold on to my 9900 in my hand rather than in my pocket most of the day so to me that means I am enjoying the device.

And to answer if anyone is wondering the step up from the old gen devices to the current ones - a friend just bought a torch 9800 and I was like - what the heck - why is this thing lagging? And I'm just flicking through the front panels!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-11 07:12 PM
    I think Fido is on the Rogers network, so you probably want the 9900.
    12-02-11 08:00 PM
    I recently upgraded to the 9930 from the Storm2. Man what an improvement! This is by far the best BB I have ever owned. As far at the BBX devices, I am never one to buy the first device, bound to have startup issues etc.
    LOL!!! The 9930 IS a first device regarding the OS7 platform! 1ST touch screen w/keyboard, ect.....

I have been experiencing "startup" issues, and infact, I am on my 2nd 9930.......

But, I went back to my Tour 9630 for a day while I waited for replacement 9930, I do very much like the 9930, WHEN IT IS WORKING. Too bad it has been glichy and I have lost data 2 different times, which has been VERY frustrating.
    There are 3 Iphone in the house, I am the odd man out with a BB. I got to admit, the Iphones in my household have NEVER had an issue and I do like playing with them.
    Last edited by powellcrazy; 12-02-11 at 08:22 PM.
    12-02-11 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD