Hi guys,

I have a bold 9930, and we just got my wife a 9850. She does not like the touch screen and we switched her back to her curve. I would like to be able to use either phone. What is the easiest way to do this? I tried putting my sim card in the 9850, it asked for my blackberry ID, I entered it and it just sits there and wont accept my username and password. I thought it would be as easy as putting sim card in whichever one I wanted to use for that day. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    10-03-11 08:24 PM
    im not really sure but i think the device switch would work
    im sure your going to get more answers
    10-03-11 08:33 PM
    Verizon doesn't use sim cards. Go to your verizonwireless online account and change your device. You will need to take the battery off to get the HEX id or the other number that it ask for during the process. You have to do this every time you wish to switch phones.
    10-03-11 08:34 PM
    What is the card in the phone then? Is that not a sim card? We de-activated the 9850, it is not associated with her account anymore. (We are on 2 separate accounts)
    10-03-11 08:46 PM
    SIM card is for global use. You just need to log onto your account online to change devices. Deactivating the device just makes it not tied to an account, so it allows for you to put it under a different line.
    10-03-11 08:48 PM
    Thanks m0c21, i will give it a shot!
    10-03-11 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD