I'm trying to update my bold 9900 but i'm stuch at reconnecting to jvm stage. i delete all vendor files. I did the loader /nojvm command prompt thing but it still sayings reconnecting to jvm. why is this happening?? isn't it supposed to skip that step?? someone please help me ASAP! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease! :P
    10-07-12 03:12 PM
    Go to my signature and go to BlackBerry 101. Go to nuked device.
    10-07-12 03:41 PM
    i tried all that but still nothing. as before it connects to device, shows my pin and it erases and when device initialization, then reconnecting to jvm (although i used loader /nojvm). it still fails at reconnecting. please help!
    10-07-12 03:49 PM
    keep trying, you have to catch it. I also had this problem and couldnt catch it so i plugged it into my computer and used blackberry desktop manager to update the software, and once it installed the latest fine, i wiped it and installed the hybrid I wanted. blackberry desktop manager can sometimes save a nuked blackberry that cant be caught with the nuked process. What were you doing when it became nuked?
    10-07-12 05:36 PM
    i was trying to update to 7.1.0.714 (leaked version)
    10-07-12 05:43 PM
    keep trying, you have to catch it. I also had this problem and couldnt catch it so i plugged it into my computer and used blackberry desktop manager to update the software, and once it installed the latest fine, i wiped it and installed the hybrid I wanted. blackberry desktop manager can sometimes save a nuked blackberry that cant be caught with the nuked process. What were you doing when it became nuked?
    I am able to downgrade successfully but not upgrade. what the hells with that lol
    10-07-12 05:45 PM
    downgrade, get ur phone working, wipe using bbsak (blackberry swiss army knife), install software to you comp after you uninstall all others with ccleaner, then load. I also recommend installing irt's hybrid on top of it. working super slick for me.
    10-07-12 07:46 PM
    ps dont use desktop manager to install. need to use the loader.exe in the installed folder for the upgrade. if you have questions let me know
    10-07-12 07:47 PM
    ps dont use desktop manager to install. need to use the loader.exe in the installed folder for the upgrade. if you have questions let me know
    OK so i wiped with BBsak and it showed Error 507. I delete all vendor files ( os .714 (leaked) don't have 2 vendor files but 1) launched loader.exe and connected my 9900, it showed my pin, i hurriedly click next, i selected the options to install applications i want and the only thing more i selected was my language. click next, click finish. here is the step as to what happened while update was trying to be done

1. Connecting to boot ROM
    2. Uploading RAM image
    3. erasing applications, loading system software, erasing applications (again)
    4. Waiting for device initialization, reconnecting to jvm
    stuck there, phone constantly connects and disconnects from computer with red light on and off.
    already did the loader /nojvm thing but it still wants to "reconnect to jvm"
    I am able to downgrade with no hitch so i don't know what to do. please help me... i really wanna upgrade to 7.1
    I can't get past 7.0.0.585
    10-07-12 10:36 PM
    sounds like you need to reinstall the os. something is missing, i would uninstall all os, redownload, and install. or if you are shrinking you are shrinking something important out if you made it through all steps of install and it wont boot after.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-08-12 09:19 AM
    This happened to me when I was trying to install to At&t os 7.1. If you have an aftermarket battery in it while you're updating it won't let you pass that point. When you put the stock battery that came with the 9900 back in and try the update again then it should work as it did for mine. Hope this helps
    10-08-12 09:47 AM
    sounds like you need to reinstall the os. something is missing, i would uninstall all os, redownload, and install. or if you are shrinking you are shrinking something important out if you made it through all steps of install and it wont boot after.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I'm tired of doing that as i did it a bunch of times already with multiple restarts. and no i did not shrink anything nor i do not know how to do so. please help!
    10-08-12 10:31 AM
    This happened to me when I was trying to install to At&t os 7.1. If you have an aftermarket battery in it while you're updating it won't let you pass that point. When you put the stock battery that came with the 9900 back in and try the update again then it should work as it did for mine. Hope this helps
    okh ok then i'll try and get another battery. but how comes i can downgrade with no problems but not upgrade?? it reconnects to jvm when doing downgrade but problem to connect when upgrading. please help!
    10-08-12 10:34 AM