I just got a new Spring 9930 a few days ago to replace an old one that developed an electrical short.

Within a day or so of getting it, about once or twice a day, when I would click on the messaging icon, the app would open in "missed calls" view and I cannot get it to show anything but missed phone calls. I tried selecting the inbox folder and changing various setting, but the only way to get e-mail messages to show up again (or more accurately, to get our of the "missed calls" view is to either do a battery pull or a alt-shift-del soft reset.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so has anyone found a cure?

P.S. The phone is running 7.1.0.276.

Thanks!
    04-20-12 03:59 PM
    Have you tried deleting them? Highlight one and press the del button. Or highlight the header bar and press menu/delete prior to delete them all.
    04-20-12 07:36 PM
    Go to your phone, click menu then options>call management> call logs and lists - check your initial view settings and options from there. That may be part of your problem? Hope this helps
    04-23-12 08:38 AM
    I have tried deleting the missed calls. I have also tried changing my call log and lists settings. Neither helps. I have tried the "view folder" menu option in the message app. When I manually choose "missed calls" I can then go back to the inbox, but when I end up clicking on a missed call to view it, once I go back, I cannot successfully chose "inbox" from the view folder options. Nor can I seem to get back to my inbox by any other combination of the back key, exiting and re-selecting the message app, etc.

The only solution I have found is to to a soft reset or a battery pull. >(

Anyone else experienced this?
    farmer_oscar likes this.
    04-23-12 03:51 PM
    Try this Menu/Options change Universal Search to Application Shortcuts. Now you should be able to press the "m" key to open Messages among a sh1t load of other shortcuts. The only drawback you may find is having to press the call button before manually dialing numbers. Other than that BB native shortcuts is the only way to fly! Hope this works for you.
    Last edited by albee 1; 04-23-12 at 06:56 PM.
    04-23-12 06:54 PM
    I have tried deleting the missed calls. I have also tried changing my call log and lists settings. Neither helps. I have tried the "view folder" menu option in the message app. When I manually choose "missed calls" I can then go back to the inbox, but when I end up clicking on a missed call to view it, once I go back, I cannot successfully chose "inbox" from the view folder options. Nor can I seem to get back to my inbox by any other combination of the back key, exiting and re-selecting the message app, etc.

The only solution I have found is to to a soft reset or a battery pull. >(

Anyone else experienced this?
    did the trick. simply pull the battery. when rebooted "Missed Call" annoyance had disappeared.
    08-22-12 11:27 AM
    thanks
    did the battery pull and it fixed it.
    09-02-12 07:07 PM
    I also am having the same issue. The only way to get my email message to re-appear is to pull the battery. There has to be a
    real fix for this besides a hard boot. Help!
    05-21-13 02:06 PM
    We've used this solution on our Blackberries at work and it's been a reliable fix. Hope it works for your situation!

SYMPTOM:
    If the customer missed a call, WHILE THE PHONE WAS LOCKED, he would receive
    the pop-up to view the missed call, view it, then try to open Messages to get
    to email but would be directed to the Call Log again. The only work-around
    that worked for him, was to remove and re-insert the battery. This would allow
    him back into Messages until the next 'MISSED' call while 'LOCKED'.

RESOLUTION:
    * Press the 'Call' button on the phone, then go to the "Call Logs" tab.
    * Press the Menu button and go to 'Options'. This will take you to "Call
    Management", also available from 'Options' on the Home Screen.
    * Scroll down to "Call Logs and Lists" and select it.
    * The first item you can modify is "Show These Call Log Types In Message
    List:"; set it to "None". If it is already set to "None", toggle it to "Missed
    Calls", back out and save. Then, go back in and toggle it back to "None", back
    out and save.
    * Test the results.
    07-22-13 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD