Very strange issue - I deleted the whatsapp since I was switching from my iphone to the bb..and after deletion, it asked me if I wanted to reboot..I did, it came back up fine but it will not go to the home screen...everything else works, am able to use the app switcher to go into messages, bbm, browser, phone (even make or take calls) but it will not go to the home screen with all the icons....I have done multiple resets and even a hard pull....I do have a backup...

short of doing a factory reset, anyone have any ideas on what's going on or how to resolve this? Anyone encounter this on the 9930 yet??

Thanks in advance!
    03-05-12 09:21 PM
    I haven't had this issue yet, but sounds like you may just need to use the backup to restore your phone to the previous settings. Once restored try deleting the app again.
    03-05-12 11:25 PM
    No I haven't but I wondered if you're using a theme other than the one that came on your bb. Just a shot in the dark...
    03-06-12 10:24 AM
    No I haven't. Uninstalled what's up because suspicion of battery drainage.. But everything went normal and nothing like what you described. But mine is the 9900-, dunno if there is a difference. Have you upgrade to the latest 7.1 OS? its a great difference.
    03-06-12 10:36 AM
    Thanks guys for the responses...yes, I had 267 on there and it was working just fine...I have been using bbs for a long time and never seen this before...the device was fully functional except it wouldn't go to the main home screen with all the icons...I even rebooted it into safe mode but that didn't help so I don't think it was a 3rd party issue per say...

I ended up doing a factory reset on it using bbsak and then restoring my personal data on it...when it came back up, whatsapp was no where to be found...I wish there was an event log I could access but I couldn't get to run meterberry...ah well, it's back to normal....
    03-06-12 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD