I have seen a bunch of posts regarding screen freezes, but mine is a bit strange. It has been going on for several weeks, but gotten worse recently. The strange thing I noticed was it got worse whn I was away from my home town. It gets to where I am resetting my 9930 5 or more times. I plan to get a Z10, but until then the screen freeze is driving me nuts.

Chuck

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    03-10-13 07:18 AM
    When does it freeze? Any new apps or update to apps?
    03-10-13 07:40 AM
    When does it freeze? Any new apps or update to apps?
    No new apps. Seems completely random. I have actually taken most apps off and stopped using holster because that seemed to make it worse. Could be hardware, but just found it odd that being out of town mkes it worse.

Chuck
    03-10-13 08:15 AM
    No new apps. Seems completely random. I have actually taken most apps off and stopped using holster because that seemed to make it worse. Could be hardware, but just found it odd that being out of town mkes it worse.

Chuck
    try the good old battery pull and when you get home to update the software alternatively You can wipe the device and then restore via bb protect and reset bis page by going to your carrier's webpage !
    03-10-13 08:20 AM
    try the good old battery pull and when you get home to update the software alternatively You can wipe the device and then restore via bb protect and reset bis page by going to your carrier's webpage !
    Actually, done all that. Countless pulls, reloaded after a wipe, took off apps, etc. Nothing works. Going ok now, but who knows when it will freeze.

Also, besides the different city issue, I have had it freeze when I go across town. I am completely baFfled.

Chuck

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-10-13 08:28 AM
    Forgot to ask, how exactly do you reset bis?

Regards,
    Chuck

03-10-13 08:29 AM
    That is sounding like a hardware issue unless maybe your restoring a corrupted database somewhere.

Edit: have you tried it awhile after a wipe and OS reload without restoring your backup?
    03-10-13 08:30 AM
    Forgot to ask, how exactly do you reset bis?

Regards,
    Chuck

go to you service provider's BIS page via a laptop then put username and password nd you are good to go or else you can on your device go to setup>email accounts
    03-10-13 08:34 AM
    That is sounding like a hardware issue unless maybe your restoring a corrupted database somewhere.

Edit: have you tried it awhile after a wipe and OS reload without restoring your backup?
    it could be a corrupt database or an app conflict/error, i doubt it to be a hardware issue as it is working for him right now
    03-10-13 08:36 AM
    Update:

Seems to have something to do with GPS. I switched my location settings to E911 only and things seemed to work. Tried switching GPS back on, but no location settings disabled. Pretty quickly froze up. Switched back and is working. Does this give anybody any ideas...other than keep GPS off :-)

Chuck
    03-13-13 09:37 AM
    The GPS chip might have a fault. It's suggested that you, if it's still under warranty, exchange it. Let the carrier repair team know about that so they can possibly fix it. Demo it to them.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-17-13 07:55 PM
    Even manual network search causes this problem or the setting of 3G&2G. Usually when I lose network and I try doing something at the same time.. It freezes up..
    03-21-13 06:07 AM