After my most recent factory restore, BBSAK wipe and new OS load, my email sync behavior on my BB is strange.

As of yesterday, ANY email I sent from my computer's Outlook is pushed to my BB as well and shown as "sent" on my BB...before it was not this way and I do NOT want it to be this way. I only want to receive messages on my BB in "inbox" but i do not want messages I email form my main Outlook to get pushed to my BB....somehow it's doing it now, and I want to get rid of this "feature"...how can I do that?

P.S. We use google aps and our mail server is base don gmail (google aps for business).
    05-15-12 10:07 AM
    OK, somehow this got resolved by using "manual setup" of email instead of automatic setup (in 7.1.391). With manual setup, still being IMAP, fortunately I do not get emails sent from my Outlook into the BB...that is the way I want it to be. While still getting sent mails from BB into Outlook.

In my trial and error today, I reverted back to .267, it stopped getting synced with "sent items" in gmail between outlook and BB. However, it also stopped getting BB snet items into Outlook.

I created a workaround which i was ready to implement (using a separate gmail account for smtp authentication and setting up smtp settings within gmail interface to allow my main email address through that secondary account) and was ready to use Always BCC feature within email setup, but at the end it was not necessary.

After I upgraded back to .391, it started syncing again sent mail form outlook into BB. I removed the account, and re-created it, but instead of using auto setup, in the setup screen I entered wrong password on purpose, which redirected me to manual setup using server address, username, etc. I put in smtp.gmail.com, username [email protected], and my password.

It started working well, no sent mail from Outlook showing on my BB and yes sent mail from BB is showing in the Outlook.

The only inconvenience of this was that the OS created a second mail icon for me, which I did "Hide" through the menu from all panels.

All happy now.

I hope this helps some people in the future, I have seen many threads on google search about a very similar problem.

P.S. I am sure that with all the adding, removing, modifying email accounts back and forth some settings on RIM's push servers must be messed up by now anyway it's working for me the way I want it to work and that's important.
    Last edited by rubiohiguey; 05-15-12 at 02:54 PM.
    05-15-12 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD