With current version of app world, I seem to be getting advertisements for apps they want me to try just as I always have- but they no longer come to me as emails I can choose to ignore if I want. Now, if there is an announcement of an app they want me to try, the phone vibrates, and the LED immediately flashes like there is some sort of emergency I need to take care of. I wake the screen up (no telling how long the LED has been flashing if I miss the start of this) and I see a ad for the app on the screen. LED is still flashing- The only choice on the screen is to download. Clicking that goes to App World and then it stops. But, at least initially, it takes more than one attempt to get this to clear in any other way.

Now, I do not mind messages for updates to apps I have installed. I do not even mind an occasional ad if sent the way they used to. But I find this one that flashes my LED extremely annoying. And I tend to not even look at what they are trying to get me to look at. How do I turn this off? I am not even sure how they are sending these since once you ckick or get it to close; no trace is left of how it came to me.

Bold 9900 7.1 bundle 998
    APP world VERSION 3.1.4.25
    08-31-12 06:19 PM
    I don't believe the problem is AppWorld. You've installed an app that is sending you these notifications hoping to sell you something else.

This happened to me before. What I did was make a note of the developer and then researched what app I had installed with the same developer. Deleted it and the problem went away.

This is one way a developer can give away free apps, then entice you to buy a different app. Other free apps, have advertising within the app; Poynt is a good example of this.

Sent from my Bold Dakota
    rbwalton likes this.
    09-01-12 09:22 AM
    You are correct. And thanks for reply. I had just realized this myself. A recent so called "free" app must be the cause. Ironically, it was a Spam Blocker.

I don't believe the problem is AppWorld. You've installed an app that is sending you these notifications hoping to sell you something else.

This happened to me before. What I did was make a note of the developer and then researched what app I had installed with the same developer. Deleted it and the problem went away.

This is one way a developer can give away free apps, then entice you to buy a different app. Other free apps, have advertising within the app; Poynt is a good example of this.

Sent from my Bold Dakota
    09-01-12 12:18 PM
    I had the same problem on my torch 9810, go into text messages press the BB menu button click options, scroll to the option �reject advertient� and tick he box, underneath should be an option �priority� change this to high.

Hope this helps sorry if you've figured it out already
    KD4AO likes this.
    01-17-13 02:44 AM
    The problem with alot of "free" apps is they spam you constantly. Sometimes it is hard to figure out which app is doing it! There needs to be rules where they WARN you before you install that they will do this.
    01-17-13 06:21 AM
    You are correct. And thanks for reply. I had just realized this myself. A recent so called "free" app must be the cause. Ironically, it was a Spam Blocker.
    Don't be afraid to name the app and Publisher here. This needs to be discouraged.
    01-17-13 07:12 AM
    @OP
    I have Flashlight Free By The Jared Company installed and ever 2 or 3 days i get a spam messages trying to sell their other apps. its really annoying. so i know how you fell
    01-17-13 12:39 PM
    @OP
    I have Flashlight Free By The Jared Company installed and ever 2 or 3 days i get a spam messages trying to sell their other apps. its really annoying. so i know how you fell
    This! Been trying to figure out who was sending me these and I also have the FREE Flashlight installed!
    It's unbelievable how this kind of behaviour of an app is tollerated by BlackBerry.
    "Write down the name of the developer of the app" , "look what other apps you have from this developer", "delete" Sigh*
    Shame on you AGAIN, AGAIN and AGAIN, BlackBerry! :_(
    10-24-13 03:20 AM
    i hate to say this but these advertisements from a developer appsForBB.com is keep on poping in my bbm whenever i open it. can someone help me to disable these silly ads?

to much annoying apps ads, no wonder bb is cracking down
    12-01-13 01:46 PM
    I'll out someone right now: Unibera Software
    I installed "awesome notes" as an alternative to memo pad and I'm getting these ads. Checked app world and the ad was from the same company so that's the culprit.
    I'm trying setting the inbox advertient option to high and see if this helps, if not, bye bye app. And bye bye to this company.
    anon(8719892) likes this.
    01-26-14 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD