I would really really REALLY love to know if stereo speakers will be featuring on the 9900 as I have been hanging onto my Bold 9000 for this singular reason. I love the stereo speakers on the Bold 9000 and my decision to upgrade to the 9900 is most likely to hinge on this factor. Does anyone have information on this?
    05-09-11 08:24 PM
    No 9900 for you then

http://forums.crackberry.com/f235/bo...peaker-608371/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-11 08:37 PM
    why not bring your phone in-store and test it alongside the 9900? or maybe wait until someone has the phone and do the same
    05-09-11 09:40 PM
    The new Bold 9900 has a single speaker instead of the two that the 9000 had. At least that's what was said to Kevin at Blackberry world in one of his videos. Who knows though, maybe it is as good as the 9000's. I doubt there would be a phone with speakers that good for a while. I would take your 9000 to the store like sg8330 suggested and test it with the 9900 to see if it towards your liking. Good Luck.
    05-09-11 11:52 PM
    Typical RIM :/ I listen to a good amount of podcasts on my 9700 and the speakers aren't loud enough for me when there is always background noise wherever I am.
    05-10-11 05:52 AM
    The new Bold 9900 has a single speaker instead of the two that the 9000 had. At least that's what was said to Kevin at Blackberry world in one of his videos. Who knows though, maybe it is as good as the 9000's. I doubt there would be a phone with speakers that good for a while. I would take your 9000 to the store like sg8330 suggested and test it with the 9900 to see if it towards your liking. Good Luck.
    If that's true, that's a major strike against it. The 9000 was/is highly unusual in that it delivered sound that far surpasses anything that comes out of RIM devices released since. It's the difference between a tinny transistor radio and a decent tabletop stereo radio.

I don't recall seeing Kevin being "told" this in the videos I've seen, but I could be wrong (and that info could be wrong). As for the rumor in the thread linked above, I wouldn't go by that. (Also, LOL at the clueless types in that thread who have all too obviously never owned a 9000, so they have no idea what the fuss is.)
    05-10-11 09:42 AM
    I've owned a 9000 and the speakers were good, but I don't really think its a deal breaker that the 9900 doesn't have two. Supposedly (as Bla1ze noted) it sounds good anyway.

I usually have my phone on vibrate anyway and use BT headphones for music.
    05-10-11 10:09 AM
    If that's true, that's a major strike against it. The 9000 was/is highly unusual in that it delivered sound that far surpasses anything that comes out of RIM devices released since. It's the difference between a tinny transistor radio and a decent tabletop stereo radio.

I don't recall seeing Kevin being "told" this in the videos I've seen, but I could be wrong (and that info could be wrong). As for the rumor in the thread linked above, I wouldn't go by that. (Also, LOL at the clueless types in that thread who have all too obviously never owned a 9000, so they have no idea what the fuss is.)
    In the long video review they tested the speakers and they asked the RIM guy what speaker set up it has and they said single speaker at around the 11:05 mark. I don't get why this is so bad. They still sound good it doesn't have to be stereo quality, for me anyways..
    05-10-11 11:13 AM
    I wouldn't call it a deal breaker either. I seldom use my 9000 without some type of headphones. With all the other positive attributes with this phone, the speaker is far down on the list. I realize it may be important to others though.
    05-10-11 06:00 PM
    finally somebody posted something about the speakers.its a shame rim decided not to install two stereo speakers onto this new one. i guess no stereo speakers from rim from here on out. its just going to be mono.
    05-10-11 09:04 PM
    One thing I especially liked about the stereo speakers is how loud the device ring and alerts were. I can't even hear my Torch when it is in my pocket and I'm in a noisy environment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-11 04:47 PM

As for Kevin being told in Blackberry World about the single speaker go to the 11:00 mark:

BlackBerry Bold 9930 / 9900 Full Hardware and BlackBerry 7 Software Video Walkthrough! | CrackBerry.com

I hope it's wrong. You are right about the people who have no idea the great speakers the Bold 9000 has. It's a loss if they don't implement speakers as good as those, but not that much. I love my Bold 9000 but can't wait to get the Bold 9900.
    Last edited by raskal1130; 05-14-11 at 04:00 AM.
    05-14-11 03:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD