Ng Okay, lemme start off by saying that the cause of the squeak is due to the trackpad being a bit "sunken" in to the panel. The cause of the sunken trackpad is the actual keyboard membrane being shifted too much on one side. You need to remove the bottom plate, loosen the two screws and place the keyboard perfectly in the centre.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    JR A and UrbanGlowCam like this.
    11-29-11 01:21 AM
    Ng Okay, lemme start off by saying that the cause of the squeak is due to the trackpad being a bit "sunken" in to the panel. The cause of the sunken trackpad is the actual keyboard membrane being shifted too much on one side. You need to remove the bottom plate, loosen the two screws and place the keyboard perfectly in the centre.
    This is very believable. Thanks for the info.

I am very comfortable doing this and have the tools, but at the same time, I think the bottom left screw has the white strip over it. I don't want to open it since it will void the warranty. I want to retain my warranty since I had a Bold brick on me before. If I was a year out from purchase I would do it though.
    11-29-11 02:26 AM
    This is very believable. Thanks for the info.

I am very comfortable doing this and have the tools, but at the same time, I think the bottom left screw has the white strip over it. I don't want to open it since it will void the warranty. I want to retain my warranty since I had a Bold brick on me before. If I was a year out from purchase I would do it though.
    Yes, it honestly worked for me. I gave up on my warranty already as they take forever to fix minor issues. I'm in South Africa and on Vodacom, a branch of Vodafone as is Verizon in the states. But anyway, still trying to find the ultimate solution to the trackpad moving by itself though. I suppose its a hardware problem but still trying out the perfect os. Once I install 7.0.1.74 and the issue is still there I'll probably be screwed. Good luck guys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-11 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD