ahhhh. soo, you know by the trackpad there are the menu, back, call and end call buttons which are made of plastic and the buttons are underneath them? well i have noticed my has has slightly raised up making it when i press it up and down slightly but not enough to hit the button it will make this ANNOYING squeaking sound. its on ALL the buttons on that row. i only received this this morning through the post after ordering online!!!! this isn't the first problem I've had with rim. I'm so angry at them right now, because i ordered the curve 9360 originally, but that one ALSO has a manufacture problem which made it have grease under the screen. Why is rim's manufacture so bad right now? or is it just my luck to have the damaged goods? but is anyone else in the same situation as me? I'm not looking forward to being on the phone for half an hour just to return a phone again -.-
    11-26-11 04:23 PM
    bought mine in september and it still squeaks. but it hasn't bricked or anything similarly tragic - as returning it for this purpose might give me a refurbished one that just might.

so decided to live with it. doesn't bother me anyway.
    11-26-11 08:32 PM
    I have to agree with 'selfish', my squeaky trackpad has been the same since I received this thing in August. It really does not get better or smoother. But on warmer days, it actually is less squeaky because of the temp effect of the materials on the phone. If you'll notice, the keyboard feels gummier when warmer (when charging for a while) or when sitting under direct sunlight. I mean clearly, this is a known thing, but overall the trackpad will not really improve.
    11-26-11 09:04 PM
    Mine squeaked a lot when I first got it in September and it has in fact gone away with more use.

When i first got the phone I used the touchscreen almost exclusively, but now I use the trackpad and touchscreen equally.

When it used to squeak, it wasnt enough to make me return the phone, and I havent had any problems with the phone so far.
    beantown85 likes this.
    11-26-11 11:40 PM
    My back button sort of creaks, but really it doesn't bother me. Hasn't improved/worsened.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-11 12:51 AM
    We sort of already covered this over here in this thread, but I'll kind of repeat what I said.

It's normal. Don't worry. I've had someone with an iPhone 4 who had a "squeaky" vibrate switch, when two materials rub together, your going to get some sort of sound with the friction that occurs, and that's what your hearing. It's unavoidable in any sort of mass-produced product.
    11-27-11 01:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD