Hey guys, getting frustrated with my Bold. Is there anyway to make the trackpad and two buttons around it stop squeaking? Its extremly annoying and everytime I move my finger over the trackpad it makes a creak/ click sound.
    Its very agitating and I wanna figure out what I can do lol. Any ideas?
    01-14-12 12:19 AM
    I had the same squeaky trackpad, but after time it goes away. So just wear it in and itll be gone in a while
    01-14-12 12:55 AM
    mine too...i just sing when i type or scroll...it makes my bb happy! i've heard others say the squeak goes away in time, but i'll probably still sing
    01-14-12 12:57 AM
    Mine did that when it was brand new, just give it time to break in. It will go away.
    01-14-12 01:00 AM
    Ditto on the newness factor. And it does go away with time.
    01-14-12 01:57 AM
    You can gently try to move the plastic away from the trackpad using a finger nail where it is binding. Fixed mine instantly.
    01-14-12 02:31 AM
    the squeaks will go away after some time, its a common thing in BBs.
    01-14-12 07:56 AM
    Lol I was just worried that it would end up like my torch 9800 did. Where as the button cover piece slid off and took the trackpad with it. I think it'll be fine, I'm just a perfectionist lol. I always want it to be right . However I'm still keepin the phone and ill let it break in. Any ideas how long it takes to break in?
    01-14-12 09:37 AM
    the squeak can actually get worse over time as well at different points on the call-end panel as I'm noticing on mine.
    01-14-12 05:13 PM
    the squeak can actually get worse over time as well at different points on the call-end panel as I'm noticing on mine.
    Mine too - the 'call' button seems to be getting worse and it's driving me up the wall...
    01-14-12 06:14 PM
    Well after creating this thread, I am happy to report that the squeaking has substantially subsided (finally). I hope Rim eventually ups there quality control because they could definitely prevent some situations like this lol
    01-14-12 07:26 PM
    Mine has never squeaked, but i have had other button issues that i had to exchange to resolve.
    01-14-12 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD